• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten: Trustee`s Sale

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trustee`s Sale of Timeshare Estate
Massanutten Resort located off Resort Drive
(State Rt. 644) near McGaheysville, Virginia.

A number of Time-Share estates in Time-Share units at Massanutten Village near McGaheysville, Rockingham County, Virginia shall be offered for sale in execution of the designated Memoranda of Delinquent Assessments and/or Fees affecting the Owners and time shares indicated and of record in the Clerk’s Office of the Circuit Court of Rockingham County, Virginia.

DATE:

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2018
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2019
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2019
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2019

NAME OF ASSOCIATION:

Eagle Trace Owners Association,
Shenandoah Villas Owners Association,
Summit at Massanutten Owners Association,
Woodstone Timeshare Owners Association,
Regal Vistas at Massanutten Owners Association

More information - Public Notice - 24 page pdf

http://candbsaleads.com/currentsales.pdf

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
So about 400 weeks or at 52 weeks per year 8 full units out of 2600 condos.

A lot at one time to digest, but as I recall from my last Summit owner’s statement “bad debt” and collections make up about 10% of mfs. Massanutten has lowish fees as is so quite a bit of room to run before debt cycle turns.

That said, I imagine it is much worse at Eagle Trace and the last thing you want is escalating fees on remaining owners at a place that trades poorly and no crown.

Seems like they should probably take back and put on rental program, maybe tear a section down.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Seems like they should probably take back and put on rental program, maybe tear a section down.

Or at least stop the constant building in Woodstone and Regal Vistas. Or the developer should do a better job vetting purchasers especially when they sell off season fixed weeks simply in the hopes as much from the new owners until they default and stop paying and passing the bill over to the HOA and the current individual owners. But they make much more money off selling then they do off the management fees. It would also cost money to tare down and they couldn't even tare individual units down unless they get the deeds for 100% of the owners of those sections or convince them to re-dead to another section. My least favorite section is the Killy Court sections of Eagle Trace and Shenandoah Villas.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Or at least stop the constant building in Woodstone and Regal Vistas.

I am a new Massanutten owner, and don’t claim to be an expert. I don’t understand why the developer does not repurchase some of the intervals that can be bought cheap on the Mountain and resell them. My understanding is people prefer being on the mountain when given a choice, but that is not where the new development seems to be and I have heard none of the new sales by the developer are on the Mountain.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or at least stop the constant building in Woodstone and Regal Vistas. Or the developer should do a better job vetting purchasers especially when they sell off season fixed weeks simply in the hopes as much from the new owners until they default and stop paying and passing the bill over to the HOA and the current individual owners. But they make much more money off selling then they do off the management fees. It would also cost money to tare down and they couldn't even tare individual units down unless they get the deeds for 100% of the owners of those sections or convince them to re-dead to another section. My least favorite section is the Killy Court sections of Eagle Trace and Shenandoah Villas.
Hey I am staying at the pedastal Shenandoah Villas 3br next year, how are those?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hey I am staying at the pedastal Shenandoah Villas 3br next year, how are those?
That was where I first stayed at Massanutten. It was through RCI. The unit I had, had about 30 steps with several landings to get to the front door. Once in, the bedrooms were either upstairs or downstairs. I was 7 months pregnant at the time. I was traveling with my grandmother who was 86 at the time and my then 5 year old son. It was early November. It snowed. It was very pretty. It was a very scenic section of the resort. One problem though was if you got the temperature perfect in the living room, it was hot in the upstairs bedroom- had to open the balcony door to let in some freezing air and it was very cold in the bedroom in the basement. Furnishing was nice and it was comfortable. I have avoided those since due to the stairs.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trustee`s Sale of Timeshare Estate
Massanutten Resort located off Resort Drive
(State Rt. 644) near McGaheysville, Virginia.

A number of Time-Share estates in Time-Share units at Massanutten Village near McGaheysville, Rockingham County, Virginia shall be offered for sale in execution of the designated Memoranda of Delinquent Assessments and/or Fees affecting the Owners and time shares indicated and of record in the Clerk’s Office of the Circuit Court of Rockingham County, Virginia.

DATE:

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2018
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2019
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2019
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2019

NAME OF ASSOCIATION:

Eagle Trace Owners Association,
Shenandoah Villas Owners Association,
Summit at Massanutten Owners Association,
Woodstone Timeshare Owners Association,
Regal Vistas at Massanutten Owners Association

More information - Public Notice - 24 page pdf

http://candbsaleads.com/currentsales.pdf
Never did get closure on this, are you thinking Massanutten is in trouble financially?