• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten TIMESHARE SCAM SCAM SCAM

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks for the suggestion. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm a fish out of water here. I assume the resale market consists of people selling their timeshare. Any recommendations on where I might look?

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
To start you can look right here on tugs marketplace and the bargain section. I have seen them for free to a couple of hundred dollars.

Make sure you follow rescission instructions exactly and mail usps certified mail for proof. It must be mailed in, not a phone call. Time is ticking away. Send it one day past final rescission date and it’s yours, no way to legally rescind. Do it in the morning. If my memory is right you only have seven days to rescind in Virginia. Your contract will tell you.

Welcome to Tug and congratulations on finding us in time and to save thousands.

Last edited:

SABOTEURw

Reaction score
Very much appreciated. Out of curiosity I Googled timeshare resale. Found the property I was about to purchase through the resort for $10,000 being resold for $1,400. Huge savings! I'll do as you suggest and rescind ASAP. Thank you so much!

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm a fish out of water here. I assume the resale market consists of people selling their timeshare. Any recommendations on where I might look?

Right now on ebay you can find dozens of units that are selling for a penny. Many are going for a few dollars with a year of maintenance fees included. There are less of the regal vista units but they are there. Massanutten units are everywhere resale for cheap. I routinely use an exchange company to rent a 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom for the 250 to 300 range which is much less than the maintenance fees. I have even stayed here a couple times for as little as 99 dollars by being flexible last minute. Rescind while you still can. Adding the costs for that loan into the maintenance fees makes owning here a very expensive proposition as opposed to renting.

I think you know that raiding your retirement fund this close to retirement is a very bad idea. Also the latest fees they have added will devalue the ownership even more. As you said you cannot afford it. We love the resort and use it for cheap getaways. Why turn that into an expensive long term commitment that will be hard to even give away without more cost.

Emotionally it will tough to disappoint your wife. Make it easier by saying for the same amount of money we can go twice a year and still be able to retire. There are many here that are knowledgeable and if you post what specifically you would want they can point you in the right direction for a cheap resale.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Very much appreciated. Out of curiosity I Googled timeshare resale. Found the property I was about to purchase through the resort for $10,000 being resold for $1,400. Huge savings! I'll do as you suggest and rescind ASAP. Thank you so much!

To be honest if they are selling for $10,000 you could probably get it for $1.00. There are some perks that you loose buying resale but even if you stay 3 weeks a year and take advantage of the discounts you would be saving less than $300 per year. What specifically did you buy- which section and which week or float season.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Rescind now!!!! Ask all your questions when you've completed that task.

For $10,000, you could rent weeks at Massanutten for many years without the ongoing obligation of ownership. As bluehende indicated, there is potential to get some fantastic rental deals at the resort for less than maintenance fees.

There are many posts throughout many threads warning folks not to buy the timeshare if you have to finance it. Utilizing funds from a retirement account for a timeshare purchase is even worse IMHO.

Yes, the same thing that you just bought for $10,000 can probably be had for a $1. As stated previously, you can buy them on eBay all day long.