• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Kauai Beach Club (Oceanfront)

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha well I’ve stayed at every other Marriott Timeshare in the Hawaiian islands so I guess I may as well embrace this to complete the deal (unless Waiohai or Lagoons comes up last minute).

I should note that I’m not a Marriott owner, and personally really wouldn’t want to pay the higher maintenance fees.
I was a Maui & Vegas Diamond owner many years ago, and couldn’t take the constantly high fees each year and never could figure out the point system, so I got rid of it.
I prefer “weeks” type system, since that’s the way I vacation anyways.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP here to report back! We are currently staying in in 8th floor oceanfront unit in the Kilohana building with a beautiful view of the bay. I'm not sure how many of the previous commenters were here pre-renovation but the rooms appear to be nicely updated. There's an apartment size fridge in the parlour side, and a bar fridge in the bedroom side. We are getting by just fine using the bbq each night and I'd say the experience is pretty similar to the old towers at the Maui Ocean Club. Definitely feels like half way between a hotel suite and a timeshare unit, but we are enjoying it more than expected. Please let me know if anybody has questions while I'm here!

Glad it’s working out for your family!
I last stayed there back when it was the Westin Kaua’i Lagoons. It was 2 free nights ground floor bay/oceanfront, only a few steps to the pool! (Place was beautiful before Iniki hit. It is so much different now!)

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting right now in a hotel conversion with a MUCH more usable kitchen than either Maui or Kauai. In a 10 ft stretch they have a small sink, 2 top burger, convection microwave, 3/4 size fridge (with Ice Maker), 18 in DW and full cooking utensils and other than no actual oven and being more compact, it has everything a full kitchen has. Both Maui and Kauai have more than 10 ft of space to work with in total.

Sounds like a boutique hotel we stayed at just outside Las Vegas for one of hubby’s business trips.
Wasn’t expecting a kitchen w/full size fridge, two burners, toaster, blender, microwave, full dishwasher and equipment/utensils stocked all along one wall, very nicely done. If I recall, it was a W hotel. Lots of room to move around in the room, plus a large bathroom!
My only complaint was the scent used throughout the whole hotel, it was so overpowering and I couldn’t even begin to describe what it smelled like. I could of handled orange, lemon or even eucalyptus, but I have know clue what it was.
They even had a nice party at the pool with free drinks and great appetizers and music!
Following business trip was a block off the strip, across from a Hard Rock Cafe just before the moved locations.

Can’t beat those 4 day business trips to Vegas! Too bad hubby doesn’t travel as much anymore. I’ve turned down tagging along to many places since most were a bunch of one night stays in various states, before the extended Vegas stay that he made the last stop or I would leave before the next stop.

I did turn down going to Palm Springs for 5 days a year ago, since my health is making it harder for me to travel as much for the short stays. (I’m happy to stay home with the pets and my own bed and “stuff”! I will jump at the Vegas ones though!)

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Waiohai and had a view of the swans. I told Rick I was disappointed at the view, and he said, "We could be on the other side of the hallway, the side with the view of the parking lot and Brennecke's." The unit was extremely nice.

Our first week, we were at Kauai Beach and couldn't have been happier with the resort feel of the place, even down to an escalator to take you down to the lower level. Beautiful little area before the water. I am surprised at how far the water is from even the oceanfront units in our building. We loved The Beach Hut for lunch (but we have eaten there many times), and of course Duke's.

What really blew me away was the HUGE pool and the kiddie pool area, which is a mini waterpark. If you have smaller kids, what a blast to spend time there. The kitchen was a minor inconvenience. We bought salad regularly and ate easy breakfasts of yogurt and other edibles, even some Costco muffins, which we never do. It was fine. There was a dishwasher.

The only odd thing about the kitchen is there is room for a bigger refrigerator. It would be easy to move things around a bit for a 10-11 cubic foot fridge.

Mom was in her glory for shopping during her walks. She spent a lot of money at the resort's shops.

Shearwater was undergoing a major refurbishment, so I couldn't get into the resort at all. I am still unable to get into Shearwater as regularly as I used to. Not many exchanges. Westin is okay, but not great for views.

That large swimming pool back in the late 1980’s used to be the largest swimming pool in the Western Hemisphere at the time, plus that area at the bottom of the escalator used to have a pond almost the whole size of that “garden” area, and had beautiful landscaping around it with swans swimming in the pond, parrots on perches, and lots of expensive artwork and vases “floating” on acrylic bases in the pond and in the water features around the giant pool.

That was an unbelievable resort back then, and this is not even talking about the rest of the property with the canals and an extra pool beyond the tennis courts (last time I saw them, they were unusable and rotting), plus a mall like shops and restaurants way at the very back.

Now that is condos and the new vacation share homes type development that is in progress.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a boutique hotel we stayed at just outside Las Vegas for one of hubby’s business trips.
Wasn’t expecting a kitchen w/full size fridge, two burners, toaster, blender, microwave, full dishwasher and equipment/utensils stocked all along one wall, very nicely done. If I recall, it was a W hotel. Lots of room to move around in the room, plus a large bathroom!
My only complaint was the scent used throughout the whole hotel, it was so overpowering and I couldn’t even begin to describe what it smelled like. I could of handled orange, lemon or even eucalyptus, but I have know clue what it was.
They even had a nice party at the pool with free drinks and great appetizers and music!
Following business trip was a block off the strip, across from a Hard Rock Cafe just before the moved locations.

Can’t beat those 4 day business trips to Vegas! Too bad hubby doesn’t travel as much anymore. I’ve turned down tagging along to many places since most were a bunch of one night stays in various states, before the extended Vegas stay that he made the last stop or I would leave before the next stop.

I did turn down going to Palm Springs for 5 days a year ago, since my health is making it harder for me to travel as much for the short stays. (I’m happy to stay home with the pets and my own bed and “stuff”! I will jump at the Vegas ones though!)

I normally travel about once or twice a year for a long weekend/short week. When the kids were home it was a mini vacation for them since it was always good places to visit (Orlando, Williamsburg, SF, San Diego, etc). I was working, they were playing and in their view, as it should be. LOL.

Reactions: Xan