• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Waiving Destination Points Enrolment Fee?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All direct/internal-purchase Weeks are and always have been eligible for the Marriott Rewards Points exchange benefit, including Weeks which have been purchased from Marriott's Resales Operations.

The only way that it makes any sense at all for Marriott Rewards to impact the enrollment eligibility of a Week is if the Owner has elected to exchange the Week for its allotment of MRP for the current Use Year, which may preclude enrollment until the next Use Year. I don't know if that's what actually happens because I don't remember ever seeing anything on TUG about that scenario ... but nothing else makes sense when it comes to the Marriott Rewards affiliation effectively blocking DC enrollment eligibility.

Was that the case when you tested enrollment?
I was responding to Dioxide's question as to whether my Marriott-brokered post-2010 weeks were listed as External or Internal and whether I had tried enrolling them into DC before. I am reporting what the system told me that I could not enroll into the DC program because they were already enrolled into MRP. Those were the words from the system. The "Education Director" requested for exception to get these weeks enrolled and they became enrolled after the approval went through.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I was responding to Dioxide's question as to whether my Marriott-brokered post-2010 weeks were listed as External or Internal and whether I had tried enrolling them into DC before. I am reporting what the system told me that I could not enroll into the DC program because they were already enrolled into MRP. Those were the words from the system. The "Education Director" requested for exception to get these weeks enrolled and they became enrolled after the approval went through.

Yes, I understood what you were saying and why. I'm just flabbergasted at the reason why your "internal" Week was rejected for enrollment, because like I said every other "internal" Week ever sold is affiliated with the Marriott Rewards Program and you're the first to have run into enrollment difficulty because of it.

I have to admit that I have been confused once or twice by your posts related to your enrollment experience. I'm not saying that you've been wrong somehow - I'm saying that it's hard to make sense of your experience. Now with this Marriott Rewards thing I think I finally understand that your problem wasn't that your Week was designated incorrectly as "external," but rather that a very odd and very rare error message needed to be manually overridden by Marriott so that your eligible Week could be enrolled through the usual process.

I'm glad it worked out for you, anyway. :)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, I understood what you were saying and why. I'm just flabbergasted at the reason why your "internal" Week was rejected for enrollment, because like I said every other "internal" Week ever sold is affiliated with the Marriott Rewards Program and you're the first to have run into enrollment difficulty because of it.

I have to admit that I have been confused once or twice by your posts related to your enrollment experience. I'm not saying that you've been wrong somehow - I'm saying that it's hard to make sense of your experience. Now with this Marriott Rewards thing I think I finally understand that your problem wasn't that your Week was designated incorrectly as "external," but rather that a very odd and very rare error message needed to be manually overridden by Marriott so that your eligible Week could be enrolled through the usual process.

The week wasn't really eligible as it was a post June 2010 resale week through Marriott resales. So it was never eligible for enrollment in DC as it wasn't part of a hybrid bundle. At least that is my understanding.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry that I am not being clear. The weeks already came with MRPs. I tried enrolling for DC online and it rejected me because they were already enrolled into MRP. That was the system message.

I also just recalled that there was a column that said post-2010.

Both of these information went away after they became enrolled.

Last edited:

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott has been offering free enrollment with Encore packages for a couple of years now. The key is that the week has to be eligible for enrollment. Meaning it can't be an external resale bought after June 2010. There is currently only one way to get a post 6/2010 resale week in to DC, and that is by buying a big bundle of DC points when they offer this promotion. Something they have done the last two or three summers.
That is what I’d thought to be the case and why the post sparked my attention. So that person’s was owned prior to the DC announcement?

urfriend

Reaction score
Is there something in writing somewhere, to verify it for the TUG Points FAQ?
SueDonJ - I have no idea what you are referring to with TUG Points FAQ? ok here's the scoop...I work for Marriott Vacation Club. I book all the vacations for all owners, and I feel horrible that the owners have no clue what is going on, so I decided to come on the forum to help everyone. Please don't let them (Marriott) know... my job would be in jeopardy LOL. I will help any of you that I can. If you want to send me a private message and you want me to look at your ownership this week at work to see if you qualify to enroll for FREE I will do that. I will be honest with you and tell you how to get the most out of your ownership. I honestly have the owners best interest, because I see how they nickle and dime you, and once you buy into the timeshare.... good luck figuring it out! Marriott has not been good to me as an employer. So here I am! I will help any of you. :)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SueDonJ - I have no idea what you are referring to with TUG Points FAQ? ok here's the scoop...I work for Marriott Vacation Club. I book all the vacations for all owners, and I feel horrible that the owners have no clue what is going on, so I decided to come on the forum to help everyone. Please don't let them (Marriott) know... my job would be in jeopardy LOL. I will help any of you that I can. If you want to send me a private message and you want me to look at your ownership this week at work to see if you qualify to enroll for FREE I will do that. I will be honest with you and tell you how to get the most out of your ownership. I honestly have the owners best interest, because I see how they nickle and dime you, and once you buy into the timeshare.... good luck figuring it out! Marriott has not been good to me as an employer. So here I am! I will help any of you. :)

I had a feeling you were a Marriott employee. You'll hopefully forgive me and the others here like me for being skeptical about your ability, despite your employment, to teach us anything that we've not already figured out through our individual ownerships and collective experience. Here on TUG it's not at all true that, "owners have no clue what is going on."

It is true, though, that MVW has in the past discovered and "frowned upon" (to put it mildly) several of their employees participating incognito on TUG. None of us here stands to gain anything by outing you to them but if that history is any indication, they'll find you if they want to without any help from us.

Your offer to look at my ownership is appreciated and maybe somebody will decide to take you up on it, but I've already enrolled my Weeks. What I asked you to provide is a link to the official statement, if it exists, that supports your assertion that enrollment fees for eligible Weeks can be waived if owners sit through a webinar. I'd add that link to this forum's DC Points FAQ, which was compiled based on the collective experience already mentioned.

Last edited:

urfriend

Reaction score
I had a feeling you were a Marriott employee. You'll hopefully forgive me and the others here like me for being skeptical about your ability, despite your employment, to teach us anything that we've not already figured out through our individual ownerships and collective experience. Here on TUG it's not at all true that, "owners have no clue what is going on."

It is true, though, that MVW has in the past discovered and "frowned upon" (to put it mildly) several of their employees participating incognito on TUG. None of us here stands to gain anything by outing you to them but if that history is any indication, they'll find you if they want to without any help from us.

Your offer to look at my ownership is appreciated and maybe somebody will decide to take you up on it, but I've already enrolled my Weeks. What I asked you to provide is a link to the official statement, if it exists, that supports your assertion that enrollment fees for eligible Weeks can be waived if owners sit through a webinar. I'd add that link to this forum's DC Points FAQ, which was compiled based on the collective experience already mentioned.

Susan,
I will look and see if I can find a link tomorrow. I honestly am not that worried about it. They don't know my name LOL. I could be one of 350 employees. :cheer: I'll help any way I can.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the main question is, can weeks bought through Marriott Resales after June 2010 be enrolled in the DC program by sitting in on one of these webinars? If so, is there a cutoff where these weeks had to have been purchased prior to in order to qualify for the current webinar enrollment offers?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Seems pretty risky if you are a MVC employee, especially where you are bad mouthing your employer and its products on a public social media site:
DP are not something I would purchase unless you got them on the aftermarket and Marriott didn't penalize you.
Marriott has not been good to me as an employer. So here I am! I will help any of you. :)

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I am still not 100% certain that Marriott Resales are considered internal. They are still through a broker. Yours seems to have been an exception.
I have sold two or three Marriott weeks to external parties through Marriott Resales. In each case Marriott was the broker--no other broker was involved. The title company was the only external entity in the process.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have sold two or three Marriott weeks to external parties through Marriott Resales. In each case Marriott was the broker--no other broker was involved. The title company was the only external entity in the process.
As I had posted earlier, weeks that are bought through Marriott resales department are listed as "Internal" under my ownership in the online system.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
+3 One of my developer-direct Weeks is a resale with no external broker involved.

Prior to the DC inception it was possible to buy Marriott Weeks resales via the onsite Sales galleries. Pricing was the same as, and for all other intents and purposes those Weeks have always been considered the same as, "internal" developer inventory making them eligible for MRP exchange and DC enrollment. The only reason anyone would know they were purchasing resales is because the paperwork shows the ownership transfer from previous owners.

But I agree with Dioxide that Marriott Resales Weeks purchased after the DC inception are no longer considered "internal" for all purposes, certainly not for DC enrollment. When the DC was introduced in 2010 and US-based Weeks became available for direct-purchase only through Marriott Resales (and no longer through onsite Sales galleries,) DC-enrollment eligibility of those Weeks became contingent on an additional purchase of DC Trust Points.

Now in this thread we seem to be confusing two different things. First is TUGger urfriend's assertion that there's a current promotion whereby DC enrollment fees for eligible Weeks can be waived via sitting through a webinar. That's a new and fairly painless incentive but incentives have always had beginning- and end-dates, as well as purchase cut-off dates, so again agreeing with Dioxide I'd like to see the particulars in writing.

Second is TUGger VacationForever's experience of being able to enroll a post-2010 Marriott Resale Week without an additional Trust Points purchase. That's I think a very lucky one-off that so far defies explanation.

Last edited:

gdstuart

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 2BR week at Marriott Monarch, #3841/18 that I purchased through MVCI's Resale department in February of 2006. I have always wanted to investigate the Points conversion option but Marriott keeps raising the price instead of making it more attractive, so it's never been a serious option to convert. My ownership allows me to receive 110,000 Marriott Rewards points in lieu of the exchange each year. We used to use the property each year but have gone with the MR points recently as we like the value of them overseas. So I'm basically just buying 110K MR points per year for the cost of the maintenance fees (which are escalating pretty regularly, including the assessments).

Given this scenario, what avenues are available to me to convert for no or little out-of-pocket cost?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
+3 One of my developer-direct Weeks is a resale with no external broker involved.

Prior to the DC inception it was possible to buy Marriott Weeks resales via the onsite Sales galleries. Pricing was the same as, and for all other intents and purposes those Weeks have always been considered the same as, "internal" developer inventory making them eligible for MRP exchange and DC enrollment. The only reason anyone would know they were purchasing resales is because the paperwork shows the ownership transfer from previous owners.

But I agree with Dioxide that Marriott Resales Weeks purchased after the DC inception are no longer considered "internal" for all purposes, certainly not for DC enrollment. When the DC was introduced in 2010 and US-based Weeks became available for direct-purchase only through Marriott Resales (and no longer through onsite Sales galleries,) DC-enrollment eligibility of those Weeks became contingent on an additional purchase of DC Trust Points.

Now in this thread we seem to be confusing two different things. First is TUGger urfriend's assertion that there's a current promotion whereby DC enrollment fees for eligible Weeks can be waived via sitting through a webinar. That's a new and fairly painless incentive but incentives have always had beginning- and end-dates, as well as purchase cut-off dates, so again agreeing with Dioxide I'd like to see the particulars in writing.

Second is TUGger VacationForever's experience of being able to enroll a post-2010 Marriott Resale Week without an additional Trust Points purchase. That's I think a very lucky one-off.
When I bought through Marriott resales in 2013, they were brokered through Marriott employee with no other brokers involved. They showed up under Purchase Type as "Internal", and as "Ineligble - post June 2010". We were given 12 months to buy matching points to get the weeks enrolled which we had let it lapse. Under post #69 , it is as close as I have seen in writing that internal weeks, regardless of date of purchase, were eligible for enrollment DURING the presentation by the webcast educator from Salt Lake City. She was the one who requested for an exception for me to get my weeks enrolled. I do not know if it was a mistake on the foil that resulted in their willingness to provide that exception to me, or if what urfriend said was true about it being a promotion. If it was a promotion, then we are interested in the cutoff date.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 2BR week at Marriott Monarch, #3841/18 that I purchased through MVCI's Resale department in February of 2006. I have always wanted to investigate the Points conversion option but Marriott keeps raising the price instead of making it more attractive, so it's never been a serious option to convert. My ownership allows me to receive 110,000 Marriott Rewards points in lieu of the exchange each year. We used to use the property each year but have gone with the MR points recently as we like the value of them overseas. So I'm basically just buying 110K MR points per year for the cost of the maintenance fees (which are escalating pretty regularly, including the assessments).

Given this scenario, what avenues are available to me to convert for no or little out-of-pocket cost?
Quite often, when/if you stay at some of the Marriott timeshare locations, they send out invitation to the owner to attend a presentation for free enrollment. Have you stayed at Marriott timeshare locations in the last 3 years or so?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I bought through Marriott resales in 2013, they were brokered through Marriott employee with no other brokers involved. They showed up under Purchase Type as "Internal", and as "Ineligble - post June 2010". We were given 12 months to buy matching points to get the weeks enrolled which had lapsed. Under post #69 is as close as I have seen in writing that internal weeks, regardless of date of purchase is eligible for enrollment DURING the presentation by the webcast educator from Salt Lake City. She was the one who requested for an exception for me to get my weeks enrolled. I do not know if it was a mistake on the foil that resulted in their willingness to provide that exception to me, or if what urfriend said was true about being a promotion. If it was a promotion, then we are interested in the cutoff date.

But the promotion urfriend mentions is for eligible Weeks only, which your post-2010 Marriott Resale should not have been. I think it's like you say and because you questioned that the written info you got from that Sales gallery only differentiated between "internal" and "external" with no mention of post-2010 direct resales being ineligible, and direct-resales show in our accounts as "internal," they overrode something in order to enroll your officially-ineligible Week.

I have one other question. :) In Post #81 you say, "... in the end Marriott did get additional money from us... :ponder: :doh:No regrets though. We really want the platinum status for hotel stays. Now the question is what do we do with so many points."

Does this mean that you have bought DC Trust Points? If so, when, and was the purchase discussed in any of the conversations you had about enrolling this ineligible Week?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch

The most common way to make your pre-2010 week eligible for DC points is to attend an Encore Session. You pay a discounted rate to stay at the resort and in turn they have offered the usual $ or points bonus for listening to the sales pitch, plus enrollment of a pre-2010 week.
The Encore offers seem to be offered after leaving a regular update session and not buying, but I expect you can call and request one also from central resales or the resort of your choice and see what they say.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If TUGger urfriend's assertion is correct, you should be able to take advantage of the current promotion to enroll eligible Weeks via sitting through a webinar. Hopefully s/he'll respond to requests for information about how to do it. Other than that you'll need to do some type of Preview stay when one of those intermittent incentives are running.

First, though, you should explore whether enrollment of your one Week will be advantageous. Enrollment doesn't change anything as far as how you use your Week currently, it only gives you another option to annually elect to exchange it for an allotted amount of DC Points which can then be used in the DC Exchange system. But enrollment comes with an annual Club Dues cost over and above the MF's/Assessment fees you're already paying. If you want to continue using your Week as an MRP-generator for hotel stays overseas, there really is no benefit to you enrolling your Week.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But the promotion urfriend mentions is for eligible Weeks only, which your post-2010 Marriott Resale should not have been. I think it's like you say and because you questioned that the written info you got from that Sales gallery only differentiated between "internal" and "external" with no mention of post-2010 direct resales being ineligible, and direct-resales show in our accounts as "internal," they overrode something in order to enroll your officially-ineligible Week.

I have one other question. :) In Post #81 you say, "... in the end Marriott did get additional money from us... :ponder: :doh:No regrets though. We really want the platinum status for hotel stays. Now the question is what do we do with so many points."

Does this mean that you have bought DC Trust Points? If so, when, and was the purchase discussed in any of the conversations you had about enrolling this ineligible Week?
To answer your last question, we were enrolled through the Salt Lake City educator with no attached conditions. I had an expiring week in II and when a Marriott's Grand Chateau week became available, we decided to book that week to go to some shows in Las Vegas. This was after the weeks already showed up in the system as enrolled. We were then invited to an owners' update. By then we were looking at the points that we have through enrollment and what it took us to get to Executive or Presidential level.

When we met the salesperson she looked at my account and she went about her own merrily way, assuming that they were enrolled as they were pre-June 2010 weeks. I made no mention of how the weeks got enrolled and I highly suspected she was unaware of any such promotion. She offered to sell us 750 DC points (she got an exception) to get us over 7000 points (about $10K) or if we wanted to go to Presidential level, a "combo" (which we call hybrid here on TUG) of 2500 DC pts and a Grande Vista week. We decided to go with the later, and then bump it up to 3000 DC points with the same Grande Vista week as the delta in price for the 500 points was at about $8 per point, due to an additional 5% discount at 3000 DC points level. We paid a little over 43K including closing cost. For about $69K, between the 2 previous weeks bought in 2013 and now this, we are now at Presidential level and with over 12K pts a year. We would not have attended the presentation and bought anything this round if those weeks were not already enrolled. So it was really a win-win by Marriott. Maybe someone in their Salt Lake City office studied the psychology of people and came up with the correlation that if someone is willing to pay more by buying through Marriott resales post-2010, they are also more likely to be willing to buy more from Marriott. Just speculation... :)

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
To answer your last question, we were enrolled through the Salt Lake City educator with no attached conditions.

I had an expiring week in II and when a Marriott's Grand Chateau week became available, we decided to book that week to go to some shows in Las Vegas. This was after the weeks already showed up in the system as enrolled. We were then invited to an owners' update. By then we were looking at the points that we have through enrollment and what it took us to get to Executive or Presidential level.

When we met the salesperson she looked at my account and she went about her own merrily way, assuming that they were enrolled as they were pre-June 2010 weeks. I made no mention of how the weeks got enrolled and I highly suspected she was unaware of any such promotion. She offered to sell us 750 DC points (she got an exception) to get us over 7000 points (about $10K) or if we wanted to go to Presidential level, a "combo" (which we call hybrid here on TUG) of 2500 DC pts and a Grande Vista week. We decided to go with the later, and then bump it up to 3000 DC points with the same Grande Vista week as the delta in price for the 500 points was at about $8 per point, due to an additional 5% discount at 3000 DC points level. We paid a little over 43K including closing cost. For about $69K, between the 2 previous weeks bought in 2013 and now this, we are now at Presidential level and with over 12K pts a year. We would not have attended the presentation and bought anything this round if those weeks were not already enrolled. So it was really a win-win by Marriott. Maybe someone in their Salt Lake City office studied the psychology of people and came up with the correlation that if someone is willing to pay more by buying through Marriott resales post-2010, they are also more likely to be willing to buy more from Marriott. Just speculation... :)

The first line says it all. Your formally purchased weeks, resale from Marriott, were enrolled without buying any DC Points.

Then

You went to Las Vegas on an II Exchange where you attended a sales meeting. At that time you bought a Grande Vista week and 2500 DC points and an additional 500 points based on your Grande Vista week (I don’t get this part) for a grand total of 3000 DC points. You paid 43K for these hybrid contracts.

Also

You own the three weeks, previously purchased and since enrolled, post 2010, from Marriott Resale (including the Grand Vista week that was enrolled in Las Vegas) These enrolled weeks gave you an additional 9K points. The addition of the enrolled weeks and purchased points gave you a grand total of 12K DC points and your newly acquired Presidential Status.

DOES THIS SOUND CORRECT? I’m just trying to clarify and condense your experience for those, like me, who found it a bit confusing. Thanks

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first line says it all. Your formally purchased weeks, resale from Marriott, were enrolled without buying any DC Points.

Then

You went to Las Vegas on an II Exchange where you attended a sales meeting. At that time you bought a Grande Vista week and 2500 DC points and an additional 500 points based on your Grande Vista week (I don’t get this part) for a grand total of 3000 DC points. You paid 43K for these hybrid contracts.

Also

You own the three weeks, previously purchased and since enrolled, post 2010, from Marriott Resale (including the Grand Vista week that was enrolled in Las Vegas) These enrolled weeks gave you an additional 9K points. The addition of the enrolled weeks and purchased points gave you a grand total of 12K DC Apoints and your newly acquired Presidential Status.

DOES THIS SOUND CORRECT?
LOL VERY GOOD! Yes. We decided to go with 3000 DC points and a Grande Vista week, instead of their "standard" bundle of 2500 DC points and a Grande Vista week.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To answer your last question, we were enrolled through the Salt Lake City educator with no attached conditions. I had an expiring week in II and when a Marriott's Grand Chateau week became available, we decided to book that week to go to some shows in Las Vegas. This was after the weeks already showed up in the system as enrolled. We were then invited to an owners' update. By then we were looking at the points that we have through enrollment and what it took us to get to Executive or Presidential level.

So you enrolled officially-ineligible purchased-in-2013 Marriott-Resales Weeks via an exception because you questioned that their promotional info specified only between "internal" and "external" designations (and not between officially-eligible and -ineligible according to dates purchased.) Then after they were enrolled, you attended a sales presentation and purchased a Hybrid package of another Week with DC Trust Points, which when combined with your previously-enrolled Weeks brought you to Presidential status. Is that right so far?

If so, you're extremely lucky that you dealt with a Marriott rep who was willing to listen to your complaint and override the rules for you. If not, I'm still as confused as ever. :)

But I am still totally in the dark about the Marriott Rewards-related error messages that you got when you tried to click through the online enrollment process for those officially-ineligible Weeks. Unless you can recreate the process/messages, which I'm guessing is impossible now, we'll never be able to get to the bottom of that mess. It simply makes no sense because MRP-eligibility comes with EVERY direct-purchase, Original or Marriott Resales inventory. No one on TUG has ever reported that kind of an error message and hundreds of us who own Weeks that have MRP-redemption ability have enrolled our Weeks. It's weird.

{ETA} A thought - is it possible that the error message was about DC-enrollment and not MR? Possible that the previous owner(s) of your direct Resales had enrolled the Weeks? I don't think we've seen anything since the DC inception where an enrolled Week was re-sold through Marriott Resales - we know that enrollment doesn't transfer to a new owner upon resale, but maybe that situation wrongly triggers an IT field that Marriott should probably take a look at??

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So you enrolled officially-ineligible purchased-in-2013 Marriott-Resales Weeks via an exception because you questioned that their promotional info specified only between "internal" and "external" designations (and not between officially-eligible and -ineligible according to dates purchased.) Then after they were enrolled, you attended a sales presentation and purchased a Hybrid package of another Week with DC Trust Points, which when combined with your previously-enrolled Weeks brought you to Presidential status. Is that right so far?

If so, you're extremely lucky that you dealt with a Marriott rep who was willing to listen to your complaint and override the rules for you. If not, I'm still as confused as ever. :)

But I am still totally in the dark about the Marriott Rewards-related error messages that you got when you tried to click through the online enrollment process for those officially-ineligible Weeks. Unless you can recreate the process/messages, which I'm guessing is impossible now, we'll never be able to get to the bottom of that mess. It simply makes no sense because MRP-eligibility comes with EVERY direct-purchase, Original or Marriott Resales inventory. No one on TUG has ever reported that kind of an error message and hundreds of us who own Weeks that have MRP-redemption ability have enrolled our Weeks. It's weird.

I did not question their promotion material at all! I took the screen snapshot only because I could not believe what I saw. Here's their process: At the end of the presentation, a questionaire pops up as to whether you wish to enroll. If you answer yes, then there is nothing else to do. Marriott is then supposed to mail/email the enrollment material to the owner in 2 business days to formalize the enrollment. I waited for 5 days and and sent an email to the presenter, indicating that I had not received any enrollment material and maybe it was because my weeks were ineligible and that they had mistakenly sent me the invitation. I did not demand, and expecting to be told, yet again, oops they were mistaken. I was not going to complain, push, nothing, other than I just needed to know. Her reply came back within minutes and said she was in the process of requesting for an exception for me and to expect an enrollment email within the next 1 to 2 days. The following day I received an email to enroll.

Again, I did not complain. I was accepting of a no.

I had in the past, before the weeks were enrolled, tried to enroll online, and that's where the message about the inability to enroll into DC came about. They had MRPs with the weeks already. I was trying to enroll into DC, just for fun to see where the system get me.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did not question their promotion material at all! I took the screen snapshot only because I could not believe what I saw. Here's their process: At the end of the presentation, a questionaire pops up as to whether you wish to enroll. If you answer yes, then there is nothing else to do. Marriott is then supposed to mail/email the enrollment material to the owner in 2 business days to formalize the enrollment. I waited 5 days and and sent an email to the presenter, indicating that I had not received any enrollment material and maybe it was because my weeks were ineligible and that they had mistakenly sent me the invitation. I did not demand, and expecting to be told, yet again, oops they were mistaken. I was not going to complain, push, nothing, other than I just needed to know. Her reply said she was in the process of requesting for an exception for me and to expect an enrollment email within the next 1 to 2 days. The following day I received an email to enroll.

Again, I did not complain. I was accepting of a no.

I had in the past, before the weeks were enrolled, tried to enroll online, and that's where the message about the inability to enroll into DC came about. They had MRPs with the weeks already. I was trying to enroll into DC, just for fun to see where the system get me.

Got it. I did an {Edited to Add} at the bottom of that post, if you want to take a look at it?

(Sorry, I'm not good at getting all my thoughts down at once and really need to stop confusing things with edits.)