TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Marriott- Transfer Linkage of Ownership to Spouse's MRP Account

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by mjm1, Jul 12, 2018.

1. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    I know I have seen a thread that contains this, but I can't find it.

Our timeshare ownership is currently linked to my MRP account. However, we want to make it possible for my DW to redeem her MRP's for a 5 night package, so she can have the FF miles put it her FF account. IIRC we can transfer the linkage for ownership from my account to her's. Is that correct? Can we do it for just a short temporary time in order to complete the redemption for the 5 night package and then transfer the linkage back to my account?

Any other considerations?

Thank you.

Mike

2. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

If you own a unit jointly then the owner number is a joint account. If you have some just for you, and some joint, then you would have two owner numbers. The problem is that even with a joint account there can only be one primary name and rewards number. I doubt the primary can be changed but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

3. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Actually I think the answer is your wife needs her own user login account with MVCI. When you log in with yours you are primary and you can see only the weeks with your name on it. If she get's her own login I am thinking maybe then she would be primary but I am not certain on that.

4. kds4

kds4 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Grande Vista
    Marriott Destination Club Points
    I know you cannot do it yourself by editing your profile on the MVCI account. That is not a field you can edit. I believe you can do it over the phone with MVCI, but I am not certain. We changed our MR account on file from mine to DW a couple of years ago (so she could get the Platinum status as I had earned my lifetime status 'the hard way'.) We did it in person at an MVCI sales center during a stay at our home resort. We still log in using my info, but her MR number appears now. Hopefully, they will not ask you to appear in person.

5. bazzap

bazzap TUG Member

You have a very short window of opportunity once per year to change the MR number linked with your MVC ownership.
    I received an email on 20th December 2017 (extract below) and as I had reached Lifetime Platinum status I changed the linked MR account to my wife’s.
    She previously had no MR Elite status, but now also has Platinum status.

“Thank you for your continued loyalty as a Member of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program. We are happy to inform you that your existing Marriott Rewards® account ending with XXX will be upgraded to PLATINUM status in late February based on your current Owner Benefit Level with Marriott Vacation Club®.

If you prefer to upgrade a different existing Marriott Rewards account that is listed on your Marriott Vacation Club account, please click the "Update Information" button below and submit your change prior to December 28, 2017 to be eligible for the upgrade.”

6. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    Thanks kds4 and Barry.

I spoke with a rep at MVCI. Our ownership is under our family trust and both my DW and I are listed as trustees on our account. So, she added my DW's MRP account number to her profile and in a couple days, once the systems update, I should be able to call back and order the 5 night package through them. Interestingly, she indicated that owners should order their packages by calling MVCI rather than the rewards program as they are more informed in how to redeem points for that purpose. Based on my experience with a recent redemption I would agree. Hopefully all goes as planned in a couple days.

I will call back afterwards and make sure I am listed as the primary as we want future linkage to be with me for Platinum level benefits.

Best regards.

Mike

bazzap likes this.
  7. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    MOC Lahaina
    Mountainside, Park City
    Vail Streamside Birch
    Interesting, as I was online with a Chairman's Club rep and she said to call Marriott Rewards for five and seven day packages. Go figure...

8. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    This works for us. My wife and I each have our own MVCI website profile. Hers has her MR number on it and mine has mine. Only one of us can get the Gold upgrade because of our DC ownership status, but either of us can book 5 night travel packages based on our ownership.

9. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Do you get 2 separate owner numbers or just one? I could not create one for my husband using my owner id/number.

10. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    I ordered a 5 day a week or two ago via Presidential MVCI rep and it took close to zero time, so easy, she knew everything about them. There was simply no wait time. Compare this to all the reports of massive wait times on the MR line!

11. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club--Lahaina/Napili Villas; Ko Olina Beach Club; Grand Chateau
    There is no need to even worry about account numbers, linking accounts, etc. If your wife is an owner on any Marriott timeshare she can get a 5-night travel package in her Marriott Rewards account. The MVCI reps can see her ownership and you will have no problems ordering the package. I know this from personal experience on more than one occasion.

12. ann824

ann824 TUG Member

Iif you want points and credit for nights to go to wife you have to change it We just did this recently. You can call them and ask them to change it. Just took a couple of days. I think it can only be changed once a year.

13. VacationForever

Asking this question again.

14. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    Each gets a separate ID #

VacationForever likes this.
  15. VacationForever

Thank you. We never received a different number for my husband so we will call and ask.

16. Dean

Dean TUG Member

I think you can change it at any time but the status upgrade is one a year.