TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Marriott Resales

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by hipsjrh, Nov 14, 2017.

1. hipsjrh

hipsjrh Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Surfwatch
    Marriott Legends Edge at Bay Point
    Has anyone used MVCI resale operations at Marriott to sell a timeshare? I have two timeshares with Marriott I want to sell.

elleny76 likes this.
  2. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Call them up and tell them what you have. They will tell you whether they are listing your specific units or not. For most units they are not because they have a long list of people in line.

3. terces

terces TUG Member

I know this is not the right forum for sales to take place, but out of curiosity where are you Marriott TS or are they points?

4. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

Where do you own?

5. turkel

turkel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    Marriott Grand Chateau
    Bio says Surfwatch and Legends Edge

6. classiclincoln

classiclincoln TUG Member

We used them to sell our Kauai Beach Club and have our Grand Vista unit listed with them. Very easy, although a bit pricey. They take 40% but we were OK with it because we wanted to get rid of it.

7. hipsjrh

hipsjrh Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Surfwatch
    Marriott Legends Edge at Bay Point
    Thanks for the updates so far. I own a Platinum week at Legends Edge at Bay Point, and a Gold week at Surfwatch, both Marriott properties.

8. TXTortoise

TXTortoise TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club
    MOC Lahaina
    Vail Streamside Birch
    OP, once you determine IF Marriott will list them, I would just do a comparison of net to you between Marriott as the broker vs open-market sale, e.g.,

Maui 3BR Lahaina(extreme example I suppose)
    - Marriott lists at $76K, at 40% commission, you would net $45,600
    - Timeshare Broker lists at $70K, sells at $60K, at 20% commission, you would net $48K (While some brokers are at 25%, at this price point, I would assume there is some negotiation room, $5K sale price units, not so much.)...but sells faster at lower price, presumably.
    - Redweek Full Service listing with their broker at $70K, sells at $60K, at 3-20% commission, depending on if another broker represents the seller, you would net $58K to $48K, also selling faster than Marriott.

I see Redweek listings for Legend's Edge for $1500 on Redweek, so guessing that's your best bet, or eBay, just to get rid of it. Not sure any broker would handle without a minimum commission charge on top of the sale price.
    Surfwatch is more likely to fit the model above.

9. samara64

samara64 TUG Member

I like Marriott Resales. My preferred way to sell.

Sold 7 weeks with them. No dealing with buyers or negotiating prices. It make take some time (one took 2 years) but you can keep using your week til then.

Tried few re-sellers but do feel most are flaky and sometimes even unprofessional.

10. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Just FYI this is not a good time of year to sell through the resale department. It is not a good time of year to sell at all if you expect 2018 fee reimbursement unless you already have a desirable week reserved.

11. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

I contacted Marriott resales 1.5 years ago about selling my 2 DSV I weeks, and was put into a waitlist. However the weeks got enrolled in Sept of this year. A month ago, resales department finally sent me the listing agreement to sell the 2 weeks with a first use year of 2019. I believe at this time of the year Marriott resales department brokers for first use year of 2019.

12. samara64

samara64 TUG Member

Are these DSV I Red or White weeks. They just did my DSV I. Took about that long.

13. VacationForever

Red weeks. I turned the offer down since they became enrolled. We were in the situation as to either we totally got out of the Marriott weeks since they were not enrolled, or if enrolled then become more vested. The timing was off by a month and a half.

14. samara64

samara64 TUG Member

So you must have bought before June 2010. I would have done the same too.

15. VacationForever

No... I bought them after June 2010 but through Marriott resales. Long story which I had discussed in a separate thread.

It is sort of strange to say it... we have had great II trades and we love DSV I. But II fees kept going up and so are the MF. II trading game can get stressful. The climate and environment of our present home is so similar to Palm Desert area and we have less of a desire to go back to DSV I regularly. Having said that, we will be spending 2 weeks at Westin Mission Hills starting next week, and in January, a week at Westin Mission Hills and a week at DSV.

When the weeks became enrolled, we put down more money to get us to Presidential level. We maybe penny wise pound foolish here. So far we have not gone into the "OMG what have we done".

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 11:51 AM
    1Kflyerguy likes this.
  16. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club--Lahaina/Napili Villas; Ko Olina Beach Club; Grand Chateau
    This is a great time of year to sell a unit with usage starting in 2019. A few years ago we sold one through MVCI Resales in January for usage starting the following year. It was a high priced week and was listed only a week before it was sold. Our net price (after Marriott's 40% commission) was considerably higher than what a highly recommended broker told us we should LIST it for.

17. Steve A

Steve A Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

It took several months to get off the wait list, but once it was listed it sold in less than a week for $5,000. A Barony Silver Ocean Side.