• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Platinum elite line gone?

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just called the Platinum elite line, and as has been discussed in this forum, there were the 5 or 6 prompts and a 20 minute wait to get an agent. When we were finally connected, there wasn't the recognition of the account as had been in the past. We had to change some rooms in Hawaii with dates and some point stays. She seemed totally confused and kept mentioning other stays we had and wanted to cancel wrong dates. My husband asked if she was with the platinum line, and she said that it was not working and probably would not continue to exist. After trying to explain what we needed done, we gave up and then called the Marriott Vacation Club who helped us.
We are Lifetime Plat members, and are wondering if this benefit is gone.....??? Any other changes to Lifetime members people are aware of?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone said before somewhere on TUG that Marriott said it is temporary, they are reworking things and the dedicated line is supposed to come back. Maybe they can comment.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Haven't talked to a platinum premiere rep for at least 6 months. Everything just ques to regular line now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We just called the Platinum elite line, and as has been discussed in this forum, there were the 5 or 6 prompts and a 20 minute wait to get an agent. When we were finally connected, there wasn't the recognition of the account as had been in the past. We had to change some rooms in Hawaii with dates and some point stays. She seemed totally confused and kept mentioning other stays we had and wanted to cancel wrong dates. My husband asked if she was with the platinum line, and she said that it was not working and probably would not continue to exist. After trying to explain what we needed done, we gave up and then called the Marriott Vacation Club who helped us.
We are Lifetime Plat members, and are wondering if this benefit is gone.....??? Any other changes to Lifetime members people are aware of?
Were you trying to book DC points reservations or MR?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back on 'our' side of the fence I called MVCI today to cancel a reservation and the nice lady at the Chairman's Desk asked if the reservation was made with Vacation Club points, Marriott Reward points, or cash? First time this ever happened to me. I don't know if MVCI is now helping out Marriott Platinum members seeking actual service or if she thought I might be stupid enough to call MVCI to cancel a Marrriott reservation. Curious.

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason we called was to change 2 rooms on Marriott Reward points, but the person at the, so called, Platinum line, kept trying to say she couldn't see our reservations, and wanted to know if we wanted to change our DP reservation. Normally, we just do it online, but this one had a few steps and questions to address. She just didn't quite understand what we were saying, and we didn't want her to cancel any of our other reservations.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum and PP line both now dump into regular queue and now random if you get someone who knows what they are doing.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have found that MVC can be clueless. I have a reservation for the Ritz Carlton Club in St Thomas next June 2019. I was considering switching my reservation to July. When I call, they cannot see availability for July, even though I see it online. I have found MVC customer service to be hit or miss.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
With unemployment now below 4% and the average wage of the reps at $14 an hour, the quality of the reps can only go down. Some bolt for higher paying jobs and are replaced by the unemployed and inexperienced.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum and PP line both now dump into regular queue and now random if you get someone who knows what they are doing.
Every member at every level gets directed to same basic MR agent. I had a very long discussion with the Marriott Help Desk yesterday because I am Lifetime Plat member as well and miss the service we used to get. She said that Marriott is training new staff and they don't expect the Platinum line to return as they hope all the new agents will be able to help equally. Ha, that day will never come.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every member at every level gets directed to same basic MR agent. I had a very long discussion with the Marriott Help Desk yesterday because I am Lifetime Plat member as well and miss the service we used to get. She said that Marriott is training new staff and they don't expect the Platinum line to return as they hope all the new agents will be able to help equally. Ha, that day will never come.

They are trying to keep people from calling. This is why they enabled self service on name changes and rewards numbers on reservations. They now have that ridiculous computer that does not want to forward to an actual human. I had to hit 0 five times to be forwarded.

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worst experience ever in 11 years with Marriott. The short story is that I have ordered three 5 night vacation packages in the last 20 months and only redeemed one. A second is attached to an upcoming reservation and the third has just disappeared from my account.

I spent 2h 53m on two international long distance calls two nights ago with no results to show for it... 5 minutes discussion, ten minutes on hold, 5 minutes discussion, ten minutes on hold, etc, etc, ... for almost three hours.

I talked first to a „normal“ associate, followed by a supervisor, followed by a third associate. The last one actually wanted to hand me off to MVCI owners services just because it was a 5 night certificate and they only have 7 night certificates.

They were all pretty much overwhelmed with the situation and just kept saying they „didn‘t see it“... which is actually the problem as it has disappeared and they can not determine where it was allocated to or used. The last associate said she did a paper-based hard copy assessment at her desk but still could not determine where the mistake was made. They are not able to receive emails, which didn‘t help explaining the situation either.

I am now waiting until the ordered account summary comes within the next four weeks. I am not sure how to proceed, as the associates can only see the last 12 months in their systems.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worst experience ever in 11 years with Marriott. The short story is that I have ordered three 5 night vacation packages in the last 20 months and only redeemed one. A second is attached to an upcoming reservation and the third has just disappeared from my account.

I spent 2h 53m on two international long distance calls two nights ago with no results to show for it... 5 minutes discussion, ten minutes on hold, 5 minutes discussion, ten minutes on hold, etc, etc, ... for almost three hours.

I talked first to a „normal“ associate, followed by a supervisor, followed by a third associate. The last one actually wanted to hand me off to MVCI owners services just because it was a 5 night certificate and they only have 7 night certificates.

They were all pretty much overwhelmed with the situation and just kept saying they „didn‘t see it“... which is actually the problem as it has disappeared and they can not determine where it was allocated to or used. The last associate said she did a paper-based hard copy assessment at her desk but still could not determine where the mistake was made. They are not able to receive emails, which didn‘t help explaining the situation either.

I am now waiting until the ordered account summary comes within the next four weeks. I am not sure how to proceed, as the associates can only see the last 12 months in their systems.

What was the expiration date on it? What a nightmare.

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first certificate had been extended and was attached to an upcoming Sept reservation. It was not until two and a half hours into the dicussion that they could suddenly find the certificate number that I had provided from my reservation confirmation. Until then they said it did not exist.... Not sure if they are all incompetent with the software or if the parallel software systems themselves that are the issue. Definitely a nightmare !

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first certificate had been extended and was attached to an upcoming Sept reservation. It was not until two and a half hours into the dicussion that they could suddenly find the certificate number that I had provided from my reservation confirmation. Until then they said it did not exist.... Not sure if they are all incompetent with the software or if the parallel software systems themselves that are the issue. Definitely a nightmare !
... and are the other 2 ordered within the past 12 months? I usually ensure that I don't book the travel package until it falls within the 12-month out date. Sometimes it is about 13 months out because I needed the miles immediately and even then, I would immediately extend it a month later and book a 5-night stay.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have a five night certificate in my account. I made a reservation on the website yesterday that I plan to use the certificate for. I was not given the option to attach the certificate to my reservation, as I had been previously. Now I guess I will have to call and be on hold for 30+ minutes to accomplish this, It is almost as if Marriott is trying to drive their loyal customers away.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have a five night certificate in my account. I made a reservation on the website yesterday that I plan to use the certificate for. I was not given the option to attach the certificate to my reservation, as I had been previously. Now I guess I will have to call and be on hold for 30+ minutes to accomplish this, It is almost as if Marriott is trying to drive their loyal customers away.
If the 5-night certificate is part of a travel package, I have never been able to attach it to a reservation without calling even in the past. That is one of the functionalities that they need to get IT to add, in addition to ordering a 5-night/7-night travel package.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Yes, calls now take 20-40 minutes for them to answer. No more platinum as far as I can tell...

P.S., make that 120 minutes and still no answer. Just wanted to see how bad that BAD really was...

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worst experience ever in 11 years with Marriott.

When Marriott first started developing Time Share Weeks they were great. At that time I went all-in with Marriott with 4 TS Weeks and all my business travel and became Platinum. After about 5 years things started to deteriorate, a little here, a little there until it has built to where it is today.

George

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed a significant decline when Sorenson took over. The Marriott family appreciated customers and their loyalty. Sorenson only cares about the numbers.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
I think you are all mistaken. I received my lifetime platinum packet in the mail Saturday and it definitely states there is a platinum elite line...;)

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you are all mistaken. I received my lifetime platinum packet in the mail Saturday and it definitely states there is a platinum elite line...;)

Don't believe everything you read. After all, it could be "fake news".

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

There is a platinum elite number...but is it answered by a platinum elite rep? Like it used to be? NOPE!!!