• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Manor Club Encore Package

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
We are currently attending Marriott Manor Club Encore Package for Presidents Day Weekend (4D/3N Package for $999 w/ 100K MR Points Offer). The presentation was actually pretty pleasant and the associate was very understanding. He initially suggested that we purchase 4K points @ $12 per point and then suggested 2K points at the same price. After we explained that we were happy with what we already owned and were not interested in adding to our portfolio (especially at these prices) he called another associate in to close out our presentation and give a receipt for the 100K points that would be added to our account. The funny thing about it is that they offered us the same Encore package for only $799 (Includes 100K MR Points, $500 AMEX Gift Card, 1000 Plus Points, or $250 AMEX Gift Card & 50K MR Points). This will allows us to take another Presidents Weekend trip next year with our youngest son.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just stayed for a week at Manor Club for $284 on an Accommodation Certificate. The 100k points are worth about seven cents each so you got a pretty good deal. Maybe take a look at the II ACs and Getaways and avoid the presentation headache next time.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I just stayed for a week at Manor Club for $284 on an Accommodation Certificate. The 100k points are worth about seven cents each so you got a pretty good deal. Maybe take a look at the II ACs and Getaways and avoid the presentation headache next time.
Most people value MR points at about a penny a point, no way to get 7c of value from them. In fact you can buy them from Marriott for 1.25 cents/point.

Last edited:

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
The receipt they gave me for the 100K points stated that they cost $1250 which makes it about 1.25 cents per point. This being the case the $799 for next years encore trip is saving me $450 over buying them directly from Marriott. The 90 minute presentation does not bother me at all. Plus I use the points to stay at Ritz Carltons for 60K points when the room rates are $800 per night during high season or 2 nights for 50K per night when room rates are $400 per night during low season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I apologize.......they are worth .7 cents per point, not seven. I simply missed the .

When Marriott says they are worth 1.25 cents per point that's what they are selling them for. You need to see what you can redeem them for. That's the price.

Just go look at what you can get for your points on redemption.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Points guy values them at 1.5 cents per point I believe, but maybe that's because he books exotic locales like the Maldives.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Points guy values them at 1.5 cents per point I believe, but maybe that's because he books exotic locales like the Maldives.
1.5 to 2.0 cents is about right for the Maldives. We are at the W Maldives in an over the water villa in April for 15 nights for 1,020,000 MR points. I've seen room rates anywhere from $1,100 to $1,800 per night.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The receipt they gave me for the 100K points stated that they cost $1250 which makes it about 1.25 cents per point. This being the case the $799 for next years encore trip is saving me $450 over buying them directly from Marriott. The 90 minute presentation does not bother me at all. Plus I use the points to stay at Ritz Carltons for 60K points when the room rates are $800 per night during high season or 2 nights for 50K per night when room rates are $400 per night during low season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Points guy has said .9 cents each for quite some time.

Reference: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/monthly-valuations/
teddy033, your high season example is 1.3 cents per point (a bit higher assuming you didn't include taxes in your rate example), low season .8 (less than a) cent per point.

The general rule is you are doing well if you can get more than a cent value per point. 1.5 cents is great work.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly you can use them (Bonvoy points) in non cost effective ways (for example purchasing merchandise), or, very cost effective ways. I agree a penny each is a reasonably good use in general.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just remember the big devaluation that occurred. Go look at what you can get for your points a night at a time and do the math. Five nights give you a nice discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
Just remember the big devaluation that occurred. Go look at what you can get for your points a night at a time and do the math. Five nights give you a nice discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder. I wish I could get the fifth night free option with a combination of certificates and points. Between my wife and I we get (3) 50K Certificates per year so we would only have to use 50K in points to get 5 nights. But Bonvoy does not allow one to mix points and certs for the free night. But it is still a great deal to get 5 nights for 100K points at a category 6 Hotel