• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Grande Vista - Rental car or ??

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Will be flying into Orlando staying 2 nights at Marriott Grande Vista, then 1 night at Cocoa Beach, then 7 nights at Marriotts Ocean Point in Palm Beach. Was originally thinking of renting a car at airport. But now wondering if I could delay car rental by two days by taking taxi to Grande vista, then some sort of transportation to one of the Disney resorts, then getting a rental car before we head over to Cape Canaveral.

Is there some sort of easy shuttle bus service from Grande Vista to the Disney resorts?
What car rental agencies are close by Grande Vista?
Or should I just pick up a rental car at airport.

Thanks

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It appears that MGV does not have a shuttle to WDW.
Hotel shuttles for WDW is frustrating and time-consuming, anyway.

I'd shuttle/taxi/Uber from the the airport to an in-town rental lot.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just rent the car at the airport from day one, you will need it later on and the added cost will be minimal.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Thanks for your response. Since we arrive at 11:30pm I think we will just pick up and rental car at the airport.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for your response. Since we arrive at 11:30pm I think we will just pick up and rental car at the airport.
11:30pm may not be bad, but I would not recommend renting from Budget. We waited in line for an hour earlier this month to pick up a rental. I recommend Alamo if all prices are equal or close to it.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
11:30pm may not be bad, but I would not recommend renting from Budget. We waited in line for an hour earlier this month to pick up a rental. I recommend Alamo if all prices are equal or close to it.

LOL I was thinking of using budget. I have used their fastbreak service and dont have to wait! Just pickup keys and go....

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I like Budget. Their fee for handling tolls is fairly reasonable.
The expressway toward your resort (Beachline #528) has tolls.
So remember to turn on the Sunpass transponder.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
LOL I was thinking of using budget. I have used their fastbreak service and dont have to wait! Just pickup keys and go....
Wish I had of looked in to Fastbreak before our trip. That would have saved us a lot of time!

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be fine with budget fast break. If you are flying out of MCO on the way home just get it at the airport. The price may be a bit higher than off airport and if you can do some one way trips and not get killed with fees you could do better. Simple trade off between cost and convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best prices for car rentals if you have a costco membership is costcotravel.com. It pulls from Budget, Avis, Enterprise, and Alamo. It automatically pulls in the costco corporate discount as well as any coupon codes that exist. It will always be cheaper than booking directly on the car rental website. There is even a box to add your Budget Fast break number.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Best prices for car rentals if you have a costco membership is costcotravel.com. It pulls from Budget, Avis, Enterprise, and Alamo. It automatically pulls in the costco corporate discount as well as any coupon codes that exist. It will always be cheaper than booking directly on the car rental website. There is even a box to add your Budget Fast break number.

Thanks....I just checked costco and it was $40 cheaper for the 10 days. Last week Costco was more, this week less. Glad I read your post you saved me another $40.