• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Destination Points...They have done it!!!!!! {Merged}

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Weeks Purchased From Marriott or through an approved broker

Enroll 1 Week
$595

Enroll 2 or more weeks
Only $695
Weeks Purchased From Third Party*

Enroll 1 Week
$1,495

Enroll 2 or more weeks
Only $1,995
Interesting that the link which will tell how much each individual week is worth does not work--says to call the 800 #

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
"Benefits" of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program

Here's some details from the MVCI website about the new program.
Best language:
1Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program's ability to confirm a specific exchange request is dependant upon the timeshare interests and use periods available or as provided by the provider of accommodations or services. Therefore, Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program cannot guarantee specific resort choices, dates of travel, or types or sizes of accommodations. The earlier an exchange is requested, the better the possibility that a specific request may be confirmed.
As always with Marriott Vacation Club, the choice is yours—your ownership will not change and will only be
enhanced with the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program if you decide to enroll.

For a limited time, receive 800 Vacation Club PlusPoints when you enroll!

When you enroll in the new Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program usage option, you will enjoy even more flexibility and ease-of-use than ever before.

Benefits of the Program
Ease of Use at Marriott Vacation Club Resorts

•Choose any Marriott Vacation Club Resort
•Check-in any day of the week, any season of the year
•Choose a length-of-stay that's right for you-from a single night to a multi-week vacation
•Select the accommodations size that fit your needs for each vacation
—from a studio to a 3-bedroom townhouse

Simplified Fees

•Pay a single consolidated annual fee for all your bookings
(instead of individual fees for each transaction)
•The fee covers changing your reservation or length of stay, Interval International membership,
lock off, and more
•The fee is now only $165* [ANNUAL FEE]

•Bank Vacation Club Points from your current year balance to be used next year
•Borrow Vacation Club Points from the next year's balance and add to your current year
•Use Vacation Club Points to explore new vacation options or use your week
—just as you have in the past

Steve

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please post details about the new Marriott Destinations program here in this thread rather than starting new threads about it. This way we can keep the discussion in one place.

Thanks! It's fun to finally have some facts about this.

Steve
TUG Moderator

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
The basics of the plan are exactly what the sales rep at Shadow Ridge told us back in January. I think the sales department at Shadow Ridge is well run. No bluffing or false statements. Just the facts. :)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
MFees won't change (its just an exchange program)

Small print:
Your current maintenance fees for your week(s) will not be affected by enrollment or your annual election (if any) to use Vacation Club Points.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Pricing

RESALE WEEKS OWNERS PAY A SURCHARGE:
Explore Pricing and Usage
Enrollment Pricing
Enrolling in Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program requires payment of a one-time, low introductory enrollment fee starting at $595. Pricing for enrollment as follows:

Enroll 1 Week$595
Enroll 2 or more weeks $695

Weeks Purchased From Third Party
Enroll 1 Week $1,495
Enroll 2 or more weeksOnly $1,995
Enrollment in the program may provide you with the opportunity to exchange for Marriott Rewards Points**

If you enroll two or more weeks that have been purchased from multiple parties (Marriott and a third party), the total cost of enrollment is $1,995.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
FAQs

What are the benefits of enrolling my Marriott Vacation Club Weeks in the Marriott Vacation Club DestinationsTM Exchange Program?
Currently, your options include occupying a week at your home resort during the season you purchased; exchanging your week through membership in Interval International® to visit another destination; and, if eligible, trading your week for Marriott Rewards® points. Once you enroll your Marriott Vacation Club week(s) with the Marriott Vacation Club DestinationsTM Exchange Program, you will add a new usage option. Enrolled Owners may annually elect to deposit their enrolled week(s) in exchange for Vacation Club Points, a flexible new vacation currency. Vacation Club Points may be used to make a reservation directly within the Marriott Vacation Club Collection1 of more than 50 world-class Marriott Vacation Club resorts. And, when you redeem Vacation Club Points for a vacation within the Marriott Vacation Club Collection, you'll be able to choose what size villa you need, check in any day of the week, any time of the year, for any length of stay. Plan a romantic weekend in a 1-bedroom villa; or a family reunion in a 3-bedroom townhouse for 10 nights. The choice is yours. Additionally, Vacation Club Points may be redeemed for a vacation within our new Explorer Collection3, which includes cruises to places such as Alaska and the Caribbean; city tours of destinations including New York, New Orleans, Napa Valley, Washington, D.C., and Seattle; or book a guided tour for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to diverse locations such as China, Tuscany, Kenya and Egypt; you can even book exciting adventures such as river rafting or a mountain biking trip. Another benefit of enrolling in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program is that the reservation fees would be consolidated in one convenient annual fee called Club Dues. You will pay one reasonable fee rather than paying separate fees for membership with Interval International, trading for Marriott Rewards points or using a Lock-Off option. Depending on how you currently use your Marriott Vacation Club week(s), the savings you could realize from the Club Dues may be reason alone to enroll.

I originally purchased my Marriott Vacation Club week(s) as an external sale through the secondary market. Would the benefits of enrolling be different for me?
If your external purchase closed prior to June 20, 2010, it is eligible to be enrolled with the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program. The enrollment fee for one externally purchased week will initially be $1,495, and enrolling multiple externally purchased weeks will initially total $1,995. This offer is expected to be available only through December 31, 2010. Once you enroll your week(s), you will gain the annual option to elect Vacation Club Points, and you may also add the option of trading your week(s) for Marriott Rewards points if the week(s) you purchased externally are eligible for Marriott Rewards trade. You also will gain the benefit and convenience of the annual single-use fee (Club Dues).

Does anything change after I enroll my week(s) with the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program?
None of your existing options change after you enroll your week(s) with the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, except you will now have the convenience of paying consolidated Club Dues instead of à la carte fees. If you wish to continue using your week(s) as you have always done, you may. You never have to elect Vacation Club Points unless you want to. When you do elect Vacation Club Points, you will be able to redeem them for a vacation at another Marriott Vacation Club resort directly without exchanging through Interval International. You also will be able to check-in any day of the week, select the villa size that best accommodates your travel party and determine the length of your stay. You are no longer locked into 1-week vacations. Vacation Club Points can also be used for exciting travel adventures through the Explorer Collection.

Will I receive anything for enrolling?
If you enroll in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program by December 31, 2010, you'll receive 800 Vacation Club PlusPoints! These PlusPoints are valid for 2 to 5 additional nights at any Marriott Vacation Club resort depending on the resort, room type and season. PlusPoints expire if not used, so be sure to ask your salesperson for details.

How many Vacation Club Points are my Marriott Vacation Club weeks worth?
Click here to see how much your week is worth. Click on the week(s) you own to determine how many Vacation Club Points you would receive if you enroll in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program and elect to trade them for Vacation Club Points. The number of Vacation Club Points you may receive for your enrolled week(s) in a given Use Year is based on various factors such as relative daily and seasonal demand, villa capacity, size, view, and furnishings, and other parameters established by the Exchange Company, and may vary periodically based on such factors.

What are Club Dues?
Once you enroll, reservation and usage fees such as locking off, membership with Interval International and trading for Marriott Rewards points will be consolidated into one annual, convenient fee called Club Dues. Club Dues are initially set at $165 if you own or have enrolled up to 6,499 Vacation Club Points. Club Dues are initially set at $199 if you own or have enrolled 6,500 or more Vacation Club Points.

What fees do the Club Dues include?
Club Dues include membership with Interval International as well as any internal exchanges (requests to travel exclusively to other Marriott Vacation Club resorts). Club Dues also include trading for Marriott Rewards points (for Points Owners and Enrolled Owners whose enrolled week(s) are eligible), locking off or splitting your home resort week (for Enrolled Owners whose enrolled week(s) are eligible), cancellation of a reservation, electing Vacation Club Points and banking, borrowing or transferring Vacation Club Points. Club Dues do not include external exchanges (requests that include resorts outside of the Marriott Vacation Club Collection of resorts through Interval International), Florida Club fees (for weeks involved in the Florida Club) or miscellaneous fees of the Explorer Collection; port fees for cruises as an example.

What happens to my existing 2011 reservation if I enroll my week(s) now?
If you have already made a reservation at your home resort, you may either maintain the reservation or cancel it (as long as you are at least 60 days in advance of the check-in date) and use any of your other options including electing Vacation Club Points. The latest date you can elect Vacation Club Points would be December 31, 2010.

Once I enroll my week(s), how do I elect Vacation Club Points?
You may elect Vacation Club Points between 25 months and 3 months prior to the year you would like to elect. So, the latest you can elect Vacation Club Points would be September 30 of the year prior. But don't wait. Vacations are generally available about a year in advance, so we encourage you to elect points about a year in advance that way they will be in your account ready to use to reserve your next vacation.

What happens after I enroll?
After you enroll your week(s) with the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, 800 Vacation Club PlusPoints will be placed in your account. You will receive an email acknowledging that your week(s) have been enrolled. You also will be assigned to a new Vacation Ownership Advisor who will be in touch shortly to assist you with your upcoming vacation plans. Within 2 weeks, you will receive a welcome packet in the mail with a guide that will give you more information about using the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program to plan exciting vacations. You also will be invited to attend an online class, called a Webinar, where we will give you tips and information about your new usage options.

If I enroll my Marriott Vacation Club week(s) with the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, will it affect my current maintenance fee(s)?
No. The maintenance fee(s) for Marriott Vacation Club weeks will continue to be determined by your home resort(s)' Board of Directors.

Once I enroll my week(s), can I make a reservation directly within other Marriott Vacation Club resorts without having to go through the Interval International exchange process?
Yes! If you enroll your week(s) with Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program and elect to receive Vacation Club Points, you can use those points to reserve a vacation directly at another Marriott Vacation Club resort. You'll be able to check-in any day of the week, any season of the year; select the villa size that best fits your traveling party and stay as long as you like—a weekend, 5 nights, 2 weeks ... the choice will be yours. If the vacation is not available to confirm instantly, we may be able to place you on a Wait List. Please note at this time Marriott Vacation Club resorts located in Europe and Asia must still be confirmed through an Interval International internal exchange with no exchange fee for Enrolled Owners.

Where will the inventory come from to fulfill vacation reservations within the Marriott Vacation Club Collection?
Inventory throughout the Marriott Vacation Club Collection will be available for reservations for Enrolled Owners via other Marriott Vacation Club Owners who enroll their weeks and elect Vacation Club Points, and non-enrolled Owners who trade their usage for Marriott Rewards points or exchange their week through membership in Interval International.

What are the new Collections and vacation options?
The Marriott Vacation Club Destinations program has grouped our vast system of different vacation options into four "collections." The Marriott Vacation Club Collection includes all of the Marriott Vacation Club resorts worldwide. Once enrolled, you'll be able to reserve vacations at other Marriott Vacation Club resorts directly with your Vacation Club Points. The Marriott Collection1 represents all of the Marriott-branded hotels available to reserve with Marriott Rewards points. If you enroll your week(s), you will continue to have access to this collection when you trade your week for Marriott Rewards points—just as you do today (if your week is eligible). The World Traveler Collection2 is the system of affiliated resorts available for exchange through Interval International. And, some exciting brand-new options are captured under the Explorer Collection: enrolled Owners will be able to redeem Vacation Club Points for cruises, group tours to destinations such as Africa, China, Tuscany and Costa Rica; or plan specially designed city packages and adventures such as river rafting, mountain biking and four-wheel-driving.

I own several weeks and I'm considering enrolling just one of them to try the new program. Why should I consider enrolling all of them instead of just one?
There are several benefits when you enroll all of your Marriott Vacation Club weeks instead of just one of them. First, the enrollment fee is being offered at an introductory rate and is likely to increase in the future. By enrolling all of your weeks now, you will pay nominally more than just enrolling 1 week at the introductory price. In addition, if you enroll multiple weeks and they total at least 6,500 Vacation Club Points, you will have an added benefit of paying the consolidated annual Club Dues of $199 for all of your weeks: no more à la carte fees for transactions such as trading for Marriott Rewards points, membership with Interval International or locking off (even if you never elect Vacation Club Points). In addition, owning or enrolling weeks with a value of at least 6,500 Vacation Club Points will earn you "Premier" status (or Premier Plus status if you own or enroll weeks with a value of at least 13,000 Vacation Club Points). Premier and Premier Plus status will afford you advantages related to reservation windows and Vacation Club Points requirements for reservations 13 months in advance.

Why do I have to pay a fee to enroll my Marriott Vacation Club weeks in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program?
An enrollment fee is required to turn on your new usage option, enabling you to elect to trade your week(s) for Vacation Club Points. These Vacation Club Points may then be used to reserve vacations throughout the Marriott Vacation Club Collection and plan exciting experiences through the Explorer Collection. In addition, paying to enroll your week(s) in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program means you will now pay annual Club Dues, a single-use fee, which in many cases will save money over the current system of à la carte fees.

Is the enrollment fee different if I enroll an Every-Other-Year week?
If you would like to enroll one Every-Other-Year week, you will pay the full enrollment fee. If you enroll two Every-Other-Year weeks simultaneously, you will pay one full enrollment fee, but if you do not enroll them at the same time, you will pay the multiple-week fee at a later time.

If I enroll an Every-Other-Year week, when can I elect Vacation Club Points?
Once you've enrolled an Every-Other-Year week, you may elect Vacation Club Points during the years that your usage rights occur. For example, if you own an "odd year" Every-Other-Year week, you may elect Vacation Club Points for your 2013, 2015 and 2017 usage, and so on. All reservation windows apply, and you may still bank, borrow or transfer Vacation Club Points as per the normal reservation rules.

What are my Club Dues for an Every-Other-Year week that I enrolled?
Once you enroll your Every-Other-Year week, you will pay annual Club Dues as you will have access to other program features such as banking, borrowing and membership with Interval International.

If I purchase Beneficial Interests after I enroll my week, will I have different Use Years?
The Use Year of the Beneficial Interest(s) will be forward-dated to match the Use Year of your initial week that you enrolled (January to December). Therefore, your Use Years will be aligned.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you logging into your vacation club page to get the details? I have clicked on the link provided and it just seems to be basic info. What link did you use to get the pricing to join?

Just at first glance. With banking and borrowing, it changes our EOY use. It appears we would not need to travel only in "even" years. We could bank our 2010 points into 2011 and go then!

I'm anxious to learn all the details.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
RESALE WEEKS OWNERS PAY A SURCHARGE:
Explore Pricing and Usage
Enrollment Pricing
Enrolling in Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program requires payment of a one-time, low introductory enrollment fee starting at $595. Pricing for enrollment as follows:

Enroll 1 Week$595
Enroll 2 or more weeks $695

Weeks Purchased From Third Party
Enroll 1 Week $1,495
Enroll 2 or more weeksOnly $1,995
Enrollment in the program may provide you with the opportunity to exchange for Marriott Rewards Points**

If you enroll two or more weeks that have been purchased from multiple parties (Marriott and a third party), the total cost of enrollment is $1,995.

David, you are on vacation. Stop this crazy updating!!!! ;)

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
Can someone explain this to me

Site Is Down
This page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call Owner Services at 1-800-845-4226.

I think we crashed their server for the week valuation.

Is the $168 annual club fee there even if you don't convert to points that year but stay at your home resort? If you are exchanging for points and plan on using them on for Marriott properties and Hotels, why would you pay II? Now we use our MR points for reservations for hotels without fees. :confused:

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Offering bonus points "Plus Points" for buying more points by Aug. 13

This is the part I saw first as I was googling Marriott Points Program...I thought it was for new points purchasers, but perhaps also for those with weeks that don't pull the number of points they want. That points value of weeks link still doesn't work!

"Earn 2,000 to 12,500 Vacation Club PlusPoints for a limited time

As a Marriott Vacation Club Owner, you'll always enjoy a lifetime of unforgettable vacations. And now until August 13, 2010, when you purchase Vacation Club Points at a special price, you'll receive 2,000 to 12,500 Vacation Club PlusPoints.

Vacation Club Points and Vacation Club PlusPoints are not offered at Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove, Marriott’s St. Kitts Beach Club, Marriott’s Village d’lle-de-France, Marriott’s Playa Andaluza, Marriott’s Club Son Antem, Marriott’s Marbella Beach Resort, and Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club.

To participate in the Vacation Club Points and Vacation Club PlusPoints offer you must be a resident of the District of Columbia or a resident of any state in the U.S. excluding New York.

As a Marriott Vacation Club Owner, you'll always enjoy a lifetime of unforgettable vacations. And now until August 13, 2010, when you purchase Vacation Club Points at a special price, you'll receive 2,000 to 12,500 Vacation Club PlusPoints.

Vacation Club Points and Vacation Club PlusPoints are not offered at Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove, Marriott’s St. Kitts Beach Club, Marriott’s Village d’lle-de-France, Marriott’s Playa Andaluza, Marriott’s Club Son Antem, Marriott’s Marbella Beach Resort, and Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club.

To participate in the Vacation Club Points and Vacation Club PlusPoints offer you must be a resident of the District of Columbia or a resident of any state in the U.S. excluding New York.

What are Vacation Club PlusPoints?

Vacation Club PlusPoints are good toward an array of exciting vacation options, including stays at Marriott Vacation Club resorts or adventure travel packages.
Unlike Vacation Club Points that renew each year, Vacation Club PlusPoints can only be used once
You may combine Vacation Club PlusPoints with your annual Vacation Club Points to create a bigger bank of points and enjoy multiple vacations or a dream vacation of a lifetime.
What can you do with Vacation Club PlusPoints?

With 2,000 Vacation Club PlusPoints, you can relax for 5 nights in a 2-bedroom Oceanview villa at Marriott’s Oceana Palms in the Palm Beaches, Florida.

With 12,500 Vacation Club PlusPoints, you can enjoy 13 days and 12 nights for two exploring the splendors of the Nile, including a deluxe 4-night cruise on the Nile River.

These are just two examples from a wide range of available options. With Vacation Club Plus Points, you can visit new destinations or enhance your current vacations. The choice is yours.

This special offer is available only for a limited time.

Request Information

or Call 1-800-307-7312

Promo Code: 2J31J0

SPONSOR : Marriott Vacation Club International

ELIGIBILIT Y: The offer of Vacation Club PlusPoints is for first-time Vacation Club points purchasers only. Purchasers are not eligible for the Vacation Club points offer if they currently have a contract pending or on hold, or if they have cancelled a contract within the last 90 days.

OFFER : Purchaser must initiate, sign and return contract to Marriott Vacation Club, attention: Central Sales Distribution, 6649 Westwood Boulevard, Suite 500, Orlando, Florida, 32821 no later than August 13, 2010 in order to receive the Vacation Club PlusPoints offer. Minimum purchase price to receive Vacation Club PlusPoints is $14,010. The amount of PlusPoints awarded depends on the amount of Vacation Club Points purchased, ranging from 2000 Vacation Club PlusPoints awarded for the purchase of 6 beneficial interests (equivalent to a $14,010 purchase) to 12,500 Vacation Club PlusPoints for the purchase of 31 or more beneficial interests (equivalent to a purchase of $72,385 or more). Vacation Club PlusPoints will be posted to the appropriate account seven (7) days following the completion of the Vacation Club points purchase transaction. Vacation Club PlusPoints expire December 31, 2011. Offer subject to change without notice. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offer. Offer is nontransferable.

This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to buy to residents in jurisdictions in which registration requirements have not been fulfilled, and your eligibility and the resorts available for purchase will depend upon the state of residency of the purchaser."

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you logging into your vacation club page to get the details? I have clicked on the link provided and it just seems to be basic info. What link did you use to get the pricing to join?

Just at first glance. With banking and borrowing, it changes our EOY use. It appears we would not need to travel only in "even" years. We could bank our 2010 points into 2011 and go then!

I'm anxious to learn all the details.

Yes you have to log in to see the details. Although the part I posted above was from "What is Marriott Vacation Club" before I logged in.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Tugger who finds Exception to the No Resale Rule

You must close on the Marriott resale purchase before 6/20/2010. It is too late to buy resale now & be officially eligible to join the new program. I would hope Marriott finds a reasonable exception to this rule for future resale buyers. I see Marriott priced initial enrollment higher for existing resale buyers. I am ok with that difference. What about FUTURE resale buyers. Does Marriott want me? I waited for the details, now I see no reason to rush to buy if I cannot join the new program. Without an exception, I might as well wait to see if folks who don't join remain happy with their home resort season availability. ;)

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ownership levels

Owner - Up to 6499 Marriott Vacation Club points, may make a reservation for 7 nights or more within 12 months of checkin; or spend 20% more points to make reservations within 13 months of checkin

Owner with Premier Status - 6500 to 12999 Marriott Vacation Club points, may make reservations for 7 nights or more within 13 months of checkin

Owner with Premier Plus Status - 13,000 or more Marriott Vacation Club points, may make reservations for any number of nights within 13 months of checkin

The number of Vacation Club Points you receive varies based on the season, room size and view of the week(s) that you enroll.

Last edited:

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
These changes hardly seem to have warranted almost 3,000 postings, many of which expressing great angst at the grave injustice to which we were all about to be subjected. Just think how all of our properties might have benefited if that energy had been devoted to working constructively to address real issues rather than wringing hands for months speculating, analyzing and fretting over a parade of horribles that never appeared.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really wish Marriott had allowed at least some period of time for future resale purchase to qualify. This would have allowed excitement from the new program to lift the resale market. It would have provided more buyer demand for existing owners wanting a way out. Marriott gave me no reason to buy resale right now and no reason the past 6 months during all the rumors. Does that mean Marriott will now start exercising ROFR? LOL

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
David, you are on vacation. Stop this crazy updating!!!! ;)
NWL: Everyone's asleep and I have no good spirits to help me to sleep. ;)

Here's the last...This languane is troublesome:

As an Owner who purchased prior to the launch of Marriott Vacation Club Destinations, you have the option to enroll in an exchange program providing for your existing use options plus access to the Marriott Vacation Club Exchange Program with an additional Annual Use election, Vacation Club Points.
Does this mean your enrollment transfers your reservation rights to them ("your existing use options")?

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Frenchman's Cove is excluded? Must have something to do with USVI law perhaps?

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You must close on the Marriott resale purchase before 6/20/2010. It is too late to buy resale now & be officially eligible to join the new program. I would hope Marriott finds a reasonable exception to this rule for future resale buyers. I see Marriott priced initial enrollment higher for existing resale buyers. I am ok with that difference. What about FUTURE resale buyers. Does Marriott want me? I waited for the details, now I see no reason to rush to buy if I cannot join the new program. Without an exception, I might as well wait to see if folks who don't join remain happy with their home resort season availability. ;)

Exactly! and hey, the price will be cheaper being the outsider who can't get into the new points program... Everyone loses eventually.

Last edited:

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Frenchman's Cove is excluded? Must have something to do with USVI law perhaps?

I don't know but for 1,495 I might be able to get one of those on ebay...Will be a helluva trader in II.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
NWL: Everyone's asleep and I have no good spirits to help me to sleep. ;)

I have them and I'm still posting! ;) It will be interesting to see the comments yet to come. Have a great time at Shadow Ridge!

Cheers!

Edit: our sales rep described the new program as a way to trade your 7 day week into individual nights to trade. Maybe the language you posted refers to this statement?

Last edited:

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I wonder if the point value for a given resort week will change depending on demand of that particular week/resort? So many answers, so few people awake to answer! (It is only 11:04 in the west.)