• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaritaville Vacation Club cheap offer

wilson14

Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of the Margaritaville Vacation Club offer (see below) for St. Thomas or San Juan? Wyndham is offering some pretty slick rates if you attend a 2 hour timeshare presentation at either location. The terms and conditions say it's "designed" for those 28 years and up with an annual household income of $60K. My partner and I would like to take advantage of this offer (and we would both attend and are exceed the income requirement) but are both under 28. I thought about calling to see if we'd be eligible, but didn't know if anyone here under 28 had tried before. While it may be "designed" for a certain age group, I'm not sure why those outside the age group couldn't take advantage. We would never buy, especially retail, but we've stayed at St. Thomas before under someone else's Wyndham and would love to return.

7 Days / 6 Nights
Wyndham St. Thomas Resort Accommodations for 2 Adults Plus:

$150 American Express® Reward Card

$699

(Retail Value: $774 – $2,016)

6 Days / 5 Nights

$649

(Retail Value: $645 - $1,680)

5 Days / 4 Nights

$599

(Retail Value: $516 - $1,344)

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I don't think the people who lurk on these forums are eligible for this offer bc we all own already. My husband was under age with bluegreen when we had a promo stay and they didn't care when I said I was a chemistry teacher and my husband was a systems engineer and we make just under 100k. Just say you each make 45k and they'll probably overlook it

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Record the conversation when you call to sign up. It would not be out of the realm of possibilities for them to sign you up, as a 28 y/o couple, after you advised them that we you were not 28. They like to lie, you know, so having a record of your age disclosure could be important later on. Second comment, do not buy anything, you should know that from having been on this site for a while. But, they will try to solve a problem with your travel, that you do not have, for 20K to 25K. Last comment. If you do buy, don't feel bad, many of us have had remorse and then quickly rescinded. Again, you've heard all this from being on this site. But just remember, buy on your terms, not theirs........ Have FUN.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read the very very fine print. They will most likely billet you at a local hotel instead of at the resort. They'll pick you up at the hotel, give you a tour of the facility and lie to you during the tour, take you to the sales presentation area and continue with the lies and apply a lot of pressure. Eventually they will return you to the hotel. Maybe they do it differently there and actually billet you at the resort. Carefully read the fine print.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't done one of these offers from Wyndham, but I did do one with Westgate a few years ago that was my first ever timeshare experience. We did stay at the Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort as part of the offer, not at an off site location or anything. I do agree though to make sure you read all of the fine print before agreeing, and if you decide to go make sure you go into the presentation 100% certain that you will NOT BUY ANYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT! If you really like timesharing (which we did after our stay), come back here and learn a heck of a lot more before you buy, and only buy RESALE for pennies on the dollar versus a developer purchase!!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, as stated above, but resell it you ever buy a timeshare. Save yourself tens of thousands of dollars.

tiara Burks

Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of the Margaritaville Vacation Club offer (see below) for St. Thomas or San Juan? Wyndham is offering some pretty slick rates if you attend a 2 hour timeshare presentation at either location. The terms and conditions say it's "designed" for those 28 years and up with an annual household income of $60K. My partner and I would like to take advantage of this offer (and we would both attend and are exceed the income requirement) but are both under 28. I thought about calling to see if we'd be eligible, but didn't know if anyone here under 28 had tried before. While it may be "designed" for a certain age group, I'm not sure why those outside the age group couldn't take advantage. We would never buy, especially retail, but we've stayed at St. Thomas before under someone else's Wyndham and would love to return.

7 Days / 6 Nights

$699

(Retail Value: $774 – $2,016)

6 Days / 5 Nights

$649

(Retail Value: $645 - $1,680)

5 Days / 4 Nights