• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaritaville Questions

njjetskier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Bay Lake Towers
Hi - I'm new to Wyndham Timeshares. I am thinking of buying a resale contract for St. Thomas Margaritaville. Would I be able to also exchange into the Rio Mar PR Margaritaville?

Also, does anyone have the point list for the St. Thomas and Rio Mar resorts?

Thanks for the help!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Given the description on the Club Wyndham site, the answer appears to be yes.

Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham is a specific interest multi-site timeshare plan where resort properties are deeded to, and held in, a trust for the benefit of Margaritaville Vacation Owners Association (“MVOA”), the owners association for Margaritaville Vacation Club. Owners become members of MVOA with a perpetual right to use Margaritaville Vacation Club resort properties. Margaritaville Vacation Club is affiliated with the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus program and offers Margaritaville Vacation Club Owners access to the benefits associated with membership in CLUB WYNDHAM Plus.

The point charts are below. The first one is St. Thomas. The 2nd is Rio Mar.

Snip20181106_14.png Snip20181106_13.png

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
B98A1F65-5024-4A33-9102-7C0898CEF165.jpeg
Actually I think this is a more accurate point chart for STT based on the new buildings, ignore my horrible scrawling in the corner.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The gist, from what I understand, is that Margaritaville points are usable at the home Margaritaville resort at the normal reservation time, then when in open booking time, are good at the OTHER Margaritaville OR any other Wyndham resort. The only OTHER people who can access Margaritaville units are retail VIPs, ( I think there’s an open question about resale Presidental Reserve accounts) and I believe that is at the open booking time only. Not a VIP, so maybe someone else can chime in.

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And also be aware that within Rio Mar there are Margaritaville units (only MGVC can book) and non Margaritaville units (all Wyndham points members can book).

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
But aren't the Wyndham point bookings essentially an affiliate hotel arrangement? Does anyone have points/deed at Rio Mar other than Margaritaville?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But aren't the Wyndham point bookings essentially an affiliate hotel arrangement? Does anyone have points/deed at Rio Mar other than Margaritaville?
I believe I read that Rio Mar existed way prior to Margaritaville (MGVC) and they simply allocated a portion of rooms to MGVC to sell to MGVC when they started out. So I think just because the deed says RioMar doesn’t mean it’s necessarily MGVC. and if you own non MGVC RioMar, then you get put in the old style rooms, not the MGVC rooms. Or it could be that you are correct. I hope someone will correct me. If only an affiliate, I would think any Wyndham reservation that was not MGVC would be put in a regular hotel room on the non MGVC side. So the practical result is the same, I guess, regardless.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went to check the point chart for the hotel side, as I seemed to remember it was a lot of points - like other hotel affiliates.

But the hotel side at Rio Mar isn’t even listed on the website anymore - it used to be listed as a separate resort.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
75567434-7079-4F02-B0A8-415C1FBCB79E.jpeg This may shed some light, the Rio Mar has TWO charts, one that says Margaritaville and one that says Club Wyndham, so I think there are two types of units that were sold and two buckets of inventory. I just won a Margaritaville STT unit on eBay to compliment my WSJ so when I get access to reservations I can post an update.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I saw that, but I dont think that is the answer. When I search for availabiltiy to book I dont see anything other than Margaritaville Club units.

Can someone with a non-VIP account see if they see anything different?

ps. Maybe they just rebranded the whole property.

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
No developer points here and at 10 months out all I see is a studio that is labeled margaritaville vacation club. 120,000 for the week.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the Margaritaville resorts even worth staying at?

I would be interested in St. Thomas, but I hear the beach is horrible. It is inundated with seaweed and I hear the the resort has been closing it off much of the day to try to clean it.

Puerto Rico - you can stay at the resort without MGVC. I visited the resort before the hurricane and I thought it was ok. Beach was nice, pools were disappointing.

Tennessee - really? why?

There are much nicer timeshares in each of those areas to stay at.

Joe