TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Map shows where the most and least educated Americans live

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by VegasBella, Mar 19, 2017.

1. VegasBella

VegasBella TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Inn
    Avenue Plaza
    Riviera Beach & Spa
  2. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

Very interesting, thank you! Map link didn't want to work on my iPad, look forward to playing with it on the big computer.

3. A.Win

A.Win TUG Member

The map was interesting. I was surprised by the lack of green and blue. I thought graduation rates were higher in the U.S. But I'm proud to say that my DC area seems to have plenty of green and blue. I think it is because the government and its contractors require college or master's degrees.

4. pagosajim

pagosajim TUG Member

I drilled down on the map to my neighborhood. Not a single dot on my street, and I know there's many advanced degree residents, including myself that should be represented.

YMMV

5. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Same here. Shows I have "some college" but missed my two Master's degrees as well as several others I know of in the neighborhood. There are dots as close as two houses away and they are supposed to represent 25-500 people according to the article.

Obviously a misleading map at the detail level.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  6. Ken555

Ken555 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    Is your iPad using a relatively current OS? This map works just great on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Ken555

Ken555 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    It states that each dot represents 25 people. My street has many dots, though I live in a dense area and there should be even more than displayed here. So yes, I'd assume that it's not completely accurate, but then I wonder where they got their source data from...

8. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

My street has no dots, 12 houses, we each have two masters degree, lawyer and cpa in another house, two high school teachers in another, college counselor in another, teacher in another, our subdivision had a few dots and it is loaded with highly educated, high achievers.

9. Kal

Kal TUG Member

In a circle of 9 homes surrounding mine, the map shows zero dots; however, these homes include (highest level attained):
    - 9 bachelor degrees
    - 5 masters degrees
    - 2 PhD's
    - 2 less than 4 year college

This is typical of the neighborhood, so I question the database supporting the map.