• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Making a Home Resort resvn online -- won't let me!?

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help!

We've owned Kierland resale for a few years, but - so far - have only booked our Kierland stays within the 8 month window or used Options for other hotels.

We're now trying to make our first ever "home resort" reservation at the 12 month mark.

I'm searching for a date that's within the next 365 days (i.e. March 2020) ... and for the exact unit type that we own (a 1BR Premium) ... and with a Friday or Saturday arrival.

The Vistana website then shows that there is availability for a 1 BR Premium with a 3/20/2020 arrival date for a 7 night stay, but won't let me book it.

But it shows that (a) I need to use 81,000 StarOptions (i.e. it thinks it's a VSN Options reservation), and (b) says that I can't make the reservation until July! (i.e. 8 months in advance)!!

What gives?! Am I missing something? I'm searching for my exact ownership at my exact resort within 12 months, and Vistana shows available Villas -- but I can only book those at 8 months out by using my Options?!

Help! What are we doing wrong?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
At top of dashboard page - how many StarOptions does it state you have?
There is also a section on the dashboard that shows your allocations per year per VOI (TS week).

Did you try other Fr-Sa-Sun checking? Does it allow you to reserve? you can cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you own in platinum season? Have you borrowed and/or banked points?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that there are no more "Home Resort Reservations" available for that date?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As the OP never responded - assume operator error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Also if you made an SO reservation and then cancelled it, it may not always restore your home resort privilege.