• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Low season at Vidanta RM

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
My wife and I just got back from another wonderful week at Vidanta Riviera Maya in a Grand Bliss 2-bedroom suite. The usage fee was half price due to a Summerfest promotion. At the airport we only had to wait 10 minutes for the van. We arrived at the resort around 11:30 and the person at check-in acknowledged that I had requested the top floor and offered me 2 choices. After check-in a lady asked me if I wanted to attend a “contract review” meeting and accepted my no answer easily enough.

We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the tram. Since it was late October it wasn’t crowded and we went to the Beach Club at 10:30 and got lounge chairs under umbrellas. They told us we could move to a cabana reserved for platinum members at noon if they weren’t claimed and that worked out great every day. I ordered a Hurricane, which is not on the happy hour menu and they gave me 2 for 1 anyway.

Three days after check-in, they called to try to get us to attend a meeting and I said no. We were there with another couple and spent twice as much as usual on food and drinks. (Happy people spend more money.) They called on our second last day and again tried to convince us to attend the presentation. At this point 10% off looked very good and they said our guests would also get 10% off. I caved in and went to the “90-minute” presentation that actually took 3 hours. I didn’t really mind since it rained most of the time we were at the meeting anyway. The guy was pretty low key and polite and didn’t pass us off to anyone else when we gave a final NO.

Other than the hot, humid rainy weather, I’m really liking the low season.

Last edited:

petenjen

Reaction score
I'm with you on this. My wife and I stayed at the Grand Luxxe in early December last year. There was hardly anybody there which suited us perfectly.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a teacher who has recently retired being able to travel in the low season is such a bonus. More availability, less crowds and people who look about my age. I could get used to this. Did one week in the Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta last year in October (before retiring) and 2 weeks in the area this year. One week at Rancho Banderas near Punta de Mita and one week at Sheraton Buganvillias in PV. The only issue was last year the lazy river was being repaired at the Vidanta property.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
..... another wonderful week at Vidanta Riviera Maya in a Grand Bliss 2-bedroom suite. The usage fee was half price due to a Summerfest promotion....
I caved in and went to the “90-minute” presentation that actually took 3 hours. I didn’t really mind since it rained most of the time we were at the meeting anyway.
The guy was pretty low key and polite and didn’t pass us off to anyone else when we gave a final NO.

I think you got the owner version - so no exit packages and hand offs .

When we last did one in 2016 at Nuevo - the stretched golf cart dropped folks at 3 different “doors “
IMO -
1) one was existing owners / where they dropped us off .
2) newbies
3) trade in prospects

I may be wrong on the details but the concept of refining the sales pitch to what they think will work is likely a successful innovation of Vida Sales .

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
As a teacher who has recently retired being able to travel in the low season is such a bonus. More availability, less crowds and people who look about my age. I could get used to this. Did one week in the Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta last year in October (before retiring) and 2 weeks in the area this year. One week at Rancho Banderas near Punta de Mita and one week at Sheraton Buganvillias in PV. The only issue was last year the lazy river was being repaired at the Vidanta property.

You went to two of my favorite places - Rancho & Buganvilias! We own at Buganvilias, but friends do at Rancho. We had an awesome trip! Rancho is undergoing so many changes with the Marival merger. :( We love going to PV for 3-4 weeks in November when the weather is nice and there are not many people there. It is easy in and out everywhere you go!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We're at Buganvilias this week; the new lobby, etc., are great! Off to Vidanta next week, though.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved Buganvillias! I bought an EOY that goes until 2029 for transfer fees only this year and since it came with free usage I had to go. I know the grand Luxxe is fancier but so not me. I hated being held captive on the resort and the restaurant prices are like being in the states. In Buganvillias this year I loved walking down to old town or the Malecon every night for dinner and excercise. I go to Mexico to be in Mexico not trapped at a resort.