• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Los Cabos: FA Villas vs Grand FA?

piznaul

Reaction score
Hello all. Apologies if this has been answered already, but I could not find it.

Are Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos and Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos the same location, but just different buildings in the complex? When I google the two names, nothing seems to differentiate the two.

Thanks for your insight,
Paul

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Hello all. Apologies if this has been answered already, but I could not find it.

Are Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos and Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos the same location, but just different buildings in the complex? When I google the two names, nothing seems to differentiate the two.

Thanks for your insight,
Paul
I have been wondering the same thing.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana

Thanks for your insight,
Paul

Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos is the timeshare. Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos is the hotel. They are on the same property and share the same lobby, restaurants, spa, bars, etc. The hotel rooms are closer to the lobby and the largest pool. The timeshare villas wrap around the hotel rooms and the pools.

For people staying at either place, it is all the same - just one resort. The difference is more one of bookkeeping and that the hotel is all inclusive for all it's guests. Timeshare owners have the choice of using all inclusive or not. I think exchangers do too, but I'm not positive.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos is the timeshare. Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos is the hotel.

I thought it was the other way around? The Villas is the timeshare, I thought.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I also thought it was the other way around. Where are you seeing these listings - on HGVC or in RCI?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Villas are timeshare. You can book a studio, 1br or 2BR. AI is optional. $80 a day.

The other is hotel and mandatory AI for the same price.

I’m here as we speak. We love this place.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
I'm an owner. My reservations are always to the Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive. Before it was the same without "All Inclusive." They have never had Villas in the title.

They are listed this way for the hotel on the booking sites like Travelocity as well, once you check in, it's all the same.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
On the entrance to the resort, the sign says "Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos"

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
On the entrance to the resort, the sign says "Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos"

In the HGVC reservation system, the timeshare portion is definitely shown as: Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa Resort because that is the resort with Studio, 1BR, and 2BR units shown. The hotel is shown in the HGVC system as Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa

I suspect the overall property is named Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa, which is why that's what is on the sign. I suspect that HGVC uses Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa Resort to differentiate the timeshare portion with Studio, 1BR, and 2BR units from the hotel section.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just got back tonight. Another wonderful stay. We love this place.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
I looked around on the Fiesta Americana website. They refer to themselves and the resort at Los Cabos as Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa. They refer to the hotel and the timeshares in that way. They have 8 properties listed that way. They have two properties with Villa in the name - one in Acapulco and one in Cancun (in addition to the "Grand" property). This covers the resorts and the hotels.

The HGVC listings have "Villa" in the general name - for the whole property. Again, the hotel and timeshare work together, check in at the same desks and use all the same facilities, so it doesn't really matter.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
You can reserve either now. The Villas would be the timeshare units and you can also reserve hotel units. It’s all on the same property.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
My last reservation confirmation - Reservation : Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa. That is the name of the Timeshare Resort that I booked according to them - no Villa in the name of the resort. The "rooms" are called suites or villas on the property, but not in the paperwork.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
My last reservation confirmation - Reservation : Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa. That is the name of the Timeshare Resort that I booked according to them - no Villa in the name of the resort. The "rooms" are called suites or villas on the property, but not in the paperwork.

Since you said you were a Fiesta Americana owner, I assume you are referring to reservations direct with FA. I think the relevant point for the OP relates not to what FA calls the property, but how HGVC differentiates things. A HGVC owner just needs to know that if they book the Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa Resort, they are getting the buildings with timeshare studios, 1BR, and 2BR units where all inclusive is optional. If they book the Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf and Spa Resort, they will get a hotel room with mandatory all inclusive. Both are co-located on the same property, but HGVC differentiates them that way in their reservation system.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
So HGVC lists the hotel rooms and the timeshare rooms under separate resort names? That's interesting. Everywhere else I've seen lists hotel rooms and timeshare rooms under the same resort name - even if they use the Villa version of the name.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FA is an affiliate and may operate under different rules. There are most likely different ownership structures and thus a reason for the separation i.e.

1) Timeshares = FA timeshare owners who are trading points into other HGVC properties
2) Hotel rooms = owned by resort

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Plus AI is optional if you reserve a villa and mandatory if you reserve a hotel room.

We did the AI this time because I didn’t rent a car and didn’t feel like running around.

The Breakfast and lunch service was quite good and the drinks were solid. Dinners were hit and miss but we all felt we got our money’s worth. House wines were terrible.

The service at the resort is exceptional.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
+1 @buzglyd The optional AI at $80 pp is a good deal and I like the fact that you are not required to buy AI for your entire visit which can add up. The ceviche and fish tacos down by the main pool were a lunch staple for us.

RCI AI charges for FA increased this year to $120 pp which is too rich for me.

kbgann

Reaction score
My wife and I are here for the first time (staying Saturday to Saturday) and we have been very impressed so far. We did AI for 5 days (chose not to do it for our arrival and departure days as well as the day we plan to go into Cabo San Lucas).

One interesting thing though. We did an “owner’s update” with the Fiesta Americana folks and they said that there was mix up a couple of years ago and Fiesta Americana was not supplying HGVC with an equivalent amount of inventory, so they have been making up for it the last couple of years. Now I think this might have just been a sales tactic, but his point was that the Fiesta Americana inventory for HGVC bookings will be lower in the coming years. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard the same thing.

Presentation was super low pressure and we got a free sunset sailing trip and 25% off at the Spa which my wife took advantage of.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
One interesting thing though. We did an “owner’s update” with the Fiesta Americana folks and they said that there was mix up a couple of years ago and Fiesta Americana was not supplying HGVC with an equivalent amount of inventory, so they have been making up for it the last couple of years. Now I think this might have just been a sales tactic, but his point was that the Fiesta Americana inventory for HGVC bookings will be lower in the coming years. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard the same thing.

Sounds like the classic "You may have exchanged in easily this time and gotten a nice room but that won't happen again unless you own here"

R_MAX

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if you buy an FA resort through HGVC, i.e., Cabo, Cozumel, Cancun....do you also get access to the rest of the FA resorts as well, something like dual membership?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
So if you buy an FA resort through HGVC, i.e., Cabo, Cozumel, Cancun....do you also get access to the rest of the FA resorts as well, something like dual membership?

FA is a separate company and plan. The two have an agreement but nothing lasts forever so buy where you want to use. I think if you own FA you also have access to all its hotels across Mexico. Several FA hotels have been added to the HGVC plan. Live Aqua in PDC looked very cool and some FA owners we met in Los Cabos said they really liked the Puerto Vallarta hotel. However both of these are adults only and party party.