• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looks like I'm buying some DVC

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Well it looks like I'm joining the ranks of the DVC owners. My offer was just accepted for AKV. 320 points at $110/point. There are 320 banked from 2017 as well as all 2018 and 2019 points. It is a March use year. Now lets see if it passes ROFR. I'm hopeful that it will. If not, back to the drawing board.

Cheers,

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Congrats and Welcome Home! It will pass and that's a lot of points. You will need to purchase 75 points direct to get the "perks" now that they have changed the rules.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Congrats and Welcome Home! It will pass and that's a lot of points. You will need to purchase 75 points direct to get the "perks" now that they have changed the rules.

Also check out the DIS boards for ROFR information looks like your good I Looked at AKL and only 1 had been taken by Disney and it was at $96.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Congrats! You will love being able to book direct as a DVC member.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! We closed on our resale AKV about 2 years ago. We passed ROFR at $85 CPP. That being said, there is always demand for some of the older resorts, but you should be safe with AKV.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes. I'm not sure if we will do that. I'm not sure the "perks" are worth 75 points direct even at the cheapest DVC property. We'll see how much the kids enjoy it as they grow up. If we will be staying there a lot then perhaps it will be worth it. Right now the kids are only 4 yo and 7 mos so we've got some time.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Congrats and welcome home! We have gotten SO much great use out of our DVC membership over the last 20+ years! :cheer:

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats and welcome home! We have gotten SO much great use out of our DVC membership over the last 20+ years! :cheer:
Thank you. That's the key I guess, you've got to own it long term to really make it worth buying. I'm hoping to create some great memories with my kids there, that's why I bought it.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Congratulations! I am sure it will pass ROFR at the price you are paying, esp for a big contract.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Also check out the DIS boards for ROFR information looks like your good I Looked at AKL and only 1 had been taken by Disney and it was at $96.

DVC was not doing many ROFRs as of the end of last year. They were mainly buying back SSR and a few OKW at the end of last year. Aulani passed at any price.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Well it looks like I'm joining the ranks of the DVC owners. My offer was just accepted for AKV. 320 points at $110/point. There are 320 banked from 2017 as well as all 2018 and 2019 points. It is a March use year. Now lets see if it passes ROFR. I'm hopeful that it will. If not, back to the drawing board.

Cheers,
You will pass, that's a nice amount of points. You will have many fabulous times with this purchase!

Good for you!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice!! Congrats and Good luck with ROFR!! Keep us posted.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Just an FYI, last year DVC did ROFR in one week on two of my contracts. I was surprised how fast it was.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just an FYI, last year DVC did ROFR in one week on two of my contracts. I was surprised how fast it was.
Looking at the disboards it seems to be around 2 weeks right now. We’ll see I guess. I just sent the signed contract and escrow deposit today so hopefully in to Disney by Monday.

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
My problem was never with Disney - but Orange county - their property dept can take weeks.

You will love DVC.