• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to purchase HKB - suggestions on how to find resale?

Ishyjo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Looking to purchase 1 week EOY at HKB, do you have any suggestions or real estate brokers to assist? What should I look for in terms of average resale price for EOY (e.g., what's my best bang for the buck)?
TIA!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
On the stickies, there’s names of realtors available. Syed is a good option for HKB.

sternj2890

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Looking to purchase 1 week EOY at HKB, do you have any suggestions or real estate brokers to assist? What should I look for in terms of average resale price for EOY (e.g., what's my best bang for the buck)?
TIA!
I have a sands of kahana 2br timeshare I am looking to liquidate. Would you be interested?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Hi guys,
TIA!
I usually check out myresortnetwork.com also to get a sense of prices

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
HKB is just starting to appear on the resale market and prices are very high. Try Redweek and eBay if you need to buy now. But if you wait a year or so prices will likely come down significantly.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
For prices, in addition to RedWeek, myresortnetwork, and eBay, there is Kal's Hyatt ROFR list. Not many entries for Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach, but there is one for 2BR EOY for $15k. RedWeek has 2BRs EOY from $14k to $35k.

We purchased our HKB resale from Syed, and we had a positive experience. He is knowledgable about the Maui timeshare market, and worth talking to.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
There is a 1BR EOY on eBay right now for $10k, and that annual MF is pricey too. Owning at the most expensive resort would make me want to stay at that resort every single year. I couldn't imagine spending that amount to take my points to Arizona. However, I've been to HKB and I'm planning to trade into there every chance I get with my "cheap" WOR points. I bought mine on eBay from a trusted seller, but I keep an eye on Redweek too as I search for another deal at a lower MF resort.

Edit: Confused listings. The eBay HKB 1BR is an annual according to the description.

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The eBay one is mountain view, low floor, EOY, low season week. Not a good deal at all at $10k. Prices will come down quickly.

Ishyjo

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I'll continue to look and see if these RE realtors can present options for me.
On a topic of MFs, if I purchase EOY time do I pay the MF only during the year that I purchased? or is the MF due annually regardless if I purchased every year vs EOY?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
EOY fees are more than half of the annual fees because you pay club dues every year.

Ishyjo

Reaction score
If the club dues are $300/year. I would need to pay this annually?
If the MF is 2764/year (including club dues), do I pay this amount only for the year that I have time?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Correct if it’s an annual. For EOY, you pay MF year of usage but Club dues every year.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
The eBay one is mountain view, low floor, EOY, low season week. Not a good deal at all at $10k. Prices will come down quickly.

The eBay ad I see is for annual usage, week 49?