• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for information as to how Club Wyndham works-interested in owning at Bonnet Creek

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check TUG Marketplace there are a couple of Bonnet Creek for sale.
Good Luck
Silentg

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Why would you buy another timeshare if what you really want is something you already have an RCI account

It seems pretty clear in the initial post that their primary want/need is to buy Wyndham points to stay at Bonnet Creek, which they haven’t been able to reliably exchange into via RCI. A secondary desire they expressed was an included RCI account without any regional blocks, etc., which Wyndham also provides, which would allow OP to pare down their ownership by giving up their other RCI timeshare. Seems like Wyndham points are “what they really want.”

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Why would you buy another timeshare if what you really want is something you already have an RCI account
Because I am no longer using the SC timeshare. I would use the Wyndham Bonnet Creek one. Why pay MF's every yr on something I no longer use when I can pay about the same amount of MF's on a resort that I would use (and then no exchange fees or worrying about availability through RCI) I just want it to have access to RCI's last call and extra vacations the same as I have now for other trips.

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
It seems pretty clear in the initial post that their primary want/need is to buy Wyndham points to stay at Bonnet Creek, which they haven’t been able to reliably exchange into via RCI. A secondary desire they expressed was an included RCI account without any regional blocks, etc., which Wyndham also provides, which would allow OP to pare down their ownership by giving up their other RCI timeshare. Seems like Wyndham points are “what they really want.”
You explained it perfectly! Better than I did with my rambling! Wyndham Bonnet Creek is not an easy resort to get into through RCI! Availability is slim and very random. And we love it there!
Thank you!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Just buy resale, you don’t need RCI if your not going to trade it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Just buy resale, you don’t need RCI if your not going to trade it.

RCI is included in the program fee with resale purchases regardless, and the OP expressed an interest in continuing to use last call and extra vacations.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
That’s fine, I thought she was going to pay extra.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is not an easy resort to get into through RCI! Availability is slim and very random. And we love it there!

If I may, I have the exact opposite problem, perhaps to our mutual benefit. I've always wanted to
try out some of the DVC locations but have plenty of access to Bonnet Creek.

One example of a BC 2BR I could book right now is attached below; since we're in the 50% off Platinum VIP
period I could get it for 108,750 points - which in MF dollars is something around $600. After you purchase
resale, you'll be able to get the same unit for exactly twice that (but you *won't* have a huge sunk
upfront cost of developer-purchased points that several of us on this forum have experienced.)

There is a forum here for week exchanges exactly like this one - but it's always seemed a little hit-and-miss
to me. If you've interested in exchanging an interesting DVC location for a primo BC booking, please PM me.

PS - To TugBrian and mods - any suggestions on how to phrase an ad for such an exchange in the Marketplace?
The sales and dollar rental portions always seem less haphazard - the exchange forum reads (to me)
kinda like old fashioned newspaper want ads without enough classification guidance...hard problem, I guess.

Bonnet818.jpg

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I own several contracts at Bonnet Creek. I have been able to book RCI units at Disney with no blocking.

Your results may vary.
I hope that continues as hgvc system has recently seen a large reduction in units available at DVC.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Over the last year, I've noticed a reduction in the number of DVC units that I can see on the Wyndham (weeks) portal after posted Sightings as well. I had suspected that perhaps DVC was depositing a higher percentage to RCI Points vs. Weeks. But now I wonder if they're reducing access to multiple portal users.

Panina's post about HGVC is very relevant. External exchange programs are like perks and extra benefits - always subject to change, can't count on them, not even a little bit. The OP is wise to ask about these things.

To me, the possible change in RCI access via portals is just another example of the benefit of owning where you want to stay.

We've really enjoyed both Wyn BC reservations and DVC exchanges, for different reasons and kinds of trips. Our Wyndham points are not at Wyn BC home resort, but with 6-10 months ahead planning, it's been very easy for us to reserve, since we don't book major holidays, like Christmas or Easter. Owning within the system has been a great fit for our needs, more or less like "owning where you want to stay" on a broader scale.

Many of the systems with portals are able to offer multiple resort options in the Orlando area. So even if they started to block access to competitor resorts in the area (highly doubtful - DVC has been the only one to do this for years now), you are still always able to purchase as many Extra Vacations or Last Calls back into your "home resort" as you'd like. With multiple Wyndham properties in the area (some frequently available as discounted rental weeks), you'd still have options. Just one person's opinion.

Last edited:

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
DVC availability through the RCI system is hit or miss and not easy to book. The same goes with Wyndham Bonnet Creek availability. We ended up buying DVC years ago (through the resale market and before any of the changes happened) because we just could not get in there with an RCI exchange, even though we had the points with the SC resort. The same reason why we now want to buy Wyndham Bonnet Creek points. We barely can get in there through RCI. We only use our DVC points to stay DVC on a 3 week trip during Food & Wine festival. We want those WBC points to guarantee us 1 week there a year with an easy booking. RCI frequently has other Wyndham resorts in the Orlando area listed as last calls and extra vacations, but WBC is not one you will see. I want to thank everyone on here for giving such great advice, you all have been very helpful!

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Over the last year, I've noticed a reduction in the number of DVC units that I can see on the Wyndham (weeks) portal after posted Sightings as well. I had suspected that perhaps DVC was depositing a higher percentage to RCI Points vs. Weeks. But now I wonder if they're reducing access to multiple portal users.

Panina's post about HGVC is very relevant. External exchange programs are like perks and extra benefits - always subject to change, can't count on them, not even a little bit. The OP is wise to ask about these things.

To me, the possible change in RCI access via portals is just another example of the benefit of owning where you want to stay.

We've really enjoyed both Wyn BC reservations and DVC exchanges, for different reasons and kinds of trips. Our Wyndham points are not at Wyn BC home resort, but with 6-10 months ahead planning, it's been very easy for us to reserve, since we don't book major holidays, like Christmas or Easter. Owning within the system has been a great fit for our needs, more or less like "owning where you want to stay" on a broader scale.

Many of the systems with portals are able to offer multiple resort options in the Orlando area. So even if they started to block access to competitor resorts in the area (highly doubtful - DVC has been the only one to do this for years now), you are still always able to purchase as many Extra Vacations or Last Calls back into your "home resort" as you'd like. With multiple Wyndham properties in the area (some frequently available as discounted rental weeks), you'd still have options. Just one person's opinion.
So, in your opinion do you think it is absolute necessary to buy at WBC or will buying at any Wyndham resort get me easy access to WBC? Am I correct that you can book your home resort at 13 months out? If it is not your home resort, when can you book? And what are the fees if you book a resort that is not your home resort? Thank you!!

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
You explained it perfectly! Better than I did with my rambling! Wyndham Bonnet Creek is not an easy resort to get into through RCI! Availability is slim and very random. And we love it there!
Thank you!
WyndhamBarter was correct about his example of a 2 BR at WBC for 108,500 for VIP Platinum, with a resale purchase requiring twice the pts for the same unit. However, he didn't mention upgrades that may be available. For example, as VIP Platinum, I was able to get 50% off a 1 BR at WBC for 63,000 pts and upgrade it to a 2 BR (for no additional pts) for Aug. 25-Sept. 1. Also, I got 50% off a 1 BR at WBC for 57,000 pts and upgraded it to a 2 BR (for no additional pts) for Sept. 1-9 (Labor Day week). Both of these units were booked within 60 days of check-in.

I am not advocating that you pursue VIP. I just wanted you, and others new to the forum (that might be considering VIP), to get all the facts.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, in your opinion do you think it is absolute necessary to buy at WBC or will buying at any Wyndham resort get me easy access to WBC? Am I correct that you can book your home resort at 13 months out? If it is not your home resort, when can you book? And what are the fees if you book a resort that is not your home resort? Thank you!!

Unless you’re staying at holiday times (Easter, thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) you will be fine using regular Wyndham points from any resort at the ten month mark. That’s when open reservations are allowed. 13 month ARP would only be necessary if reserving for those holidays noted.

And CWA contracts would work too.

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
WyndhamBarter was correct about his example of a 2 BR at WBC for 108,500 for VIP Platinum, with a resale purchase requiring twice the pts for the same unit. However, he didn't mention upgrades that may be available. For example, as VIP Platinum, I was able to get 50% off a 1 BR at WBC for 63,000 pts and upgrade it to a 2 BR (for no additional pts) for Aug. 25-Sept. 1. Also, I got 50% off a 1 BR at WBC for 57,000 pts and upgraded it to a 2 BR (for no additional pts) for Sept. 1-9 (Labor Day week). Both of these units were booked within 60 days of check-in.

I am not advocating that you pursue VIP. I just wanted you, and others new to the forum (that might be considering VIP), to get all the facts.
Great information! Thank you!!

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
Yes, I do have to pay the annual RCI membership fee with the current SC resort. If we turn it over to our son, I will just put it completely in his name so we are no longer tied to it. Then after buying Wyndham, instead of paying an annual RCI fee, I would now pay both a yearly Club Wyndham fee and the MF's, is that correct? Do you know if Orlando resorts are included in your RCI membership with Wyndham when booking last call and extra vacations?
I really need to make sure they are not blocked out like DVC's RCI membership has.
Thank you!!!

I own 2 contracts at Bonnet Creek and I still have access to Orlando resorts in RCI via regular bookings, last calls and extra vacations.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Annual maintenance fees vary depending on your home resort in Wyndham, just as they do with different home resorts in DVC. We have home resort points in North Carolina and Tennessee, with lower than average maintenance fees. Club Wyndham Access (CWA) points don't have an individual home resort, but some limited inventory from a large range of resorts. CWA maintenance fees are pretty average for the system.

Depending on the number of Wyndham points owned, you are able to make X number of transactions/reservations per year without an added fee. There is no difference in the transaction/reservation fees for making reservations at a home resort vs. at another Wyndham resort, after the 10-month standard reservation window opens. You only need to have Bonnet Creek for a home resort if you plan to make reservations there more than 10 months in advance and need prime holiday dates.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I may, I have the exact opposite problem, perhaps to our mutual benefit. I've always wanted to
try out some of the DVC locations but have plenty of access to Bonnet Creek.

One example of a BC 2BR I could book right now is attached below; since we're in the 50% off Platinum VIP
period I could get it for 108,750 points - which in MF dollars is something around $600. After you purchase
resale, you'll be able to get the same unit for exactly twice that (but you *won't* have a huge sunk
upfront cost of developer-purchased points that several of us on this forum have experienced.)

There is a forum here for week exchanges exactly like this one - but it's always seemed a little hit-and-miss
to me. If you've interested in exchanging an interesting DVC location for a primo BC booking, please PM me.

PS - To TugBrian and mods - any suggestions on how to phrase an ad for such an exchange in the Marketplace?
The sales and dollar rental portions always seem less haphazard - the exchange forum reads (to me)
kinda like old fashioned newspaper want ads without enough classification guidance...hard problem, I guess.

View attachment 7447

Agree 100% - perfect example of how the timeshare marketplace for both sales and rentals is so remarkably inefficient. Posting an ad on pretty much any of the online sites is very similar to printing out flyers and putting them on car windows

-Scott

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Annual maintenance fees vary depending on your home resort in Wyndham, just as they do with different home resorts in DVC. We have home resort points in North Carolina and Tennessee, with lower than average maintenance fees. Club Wyndham Access (CWA) points don't have an individual home resort, but some limited inventory from a large range of resorts. CWA maintenance fees are pretty average for the system.

Depending on the number of Wyndham points owned, you are able to make X number of transactions/reservations per year without an added fee. There is no difference in the transaction/reservation fees for making reservations at a home resort vs. at another Wyndham resort, after the 10-month standard reservation window opens. You only need to have Bonnet Creek for a home resort if you plan to make reservations there more than 10 months in advance and need prime holiday dates.
Great info, thanks!