• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for information as to how Club Wyndham works-interested in owning at Bonnet Creek

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I just joined this group a few min ago. My husband and I have owned timeshare for over 20 years now. Own a small week based resort in SC. We deposit it into RCI every yr and then they assign it points. We stretch those points (because of all of the great 3 and 4 pts per week sales) and travel different places using that. We are Disney nuts and bought DVC on the resale market some years back. However, we also really love Wyndham Bonnet Creek!! Alot! But, it is hard for me to exchange in there when I want to use it. So, we consider ourselves lucky when we have been able to do so. Even then, we have to pay RCI's exchange fee to do so. I was looking at resale at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and am shocked as to how affordable it is. But, I know nothing of how Club Wyndham works. We really do not want a ton of points. I saw a resale that has 168,000 pts every odd yr. Which if I read the point charts right, would get me 1 week in a 1 bedroom each yr in Value season. This would be perfect for us to supplement the other timeshares we already own. If I buy into this, what are the other fees?? I would appreciate any information I could get. Thank you!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Small ownerships are charged a minimum program fee. I wouldn’t call this a “junk” fee as all owners pay the program fee it’s just that if you own less than about 231000 annual points you will pay more per 1000 points than if you owned more

The junk fees a wyndham ownership is charged are transaction fees, guest fees and housekeeping fees. Every account gets some transactions, some guest confirmations and some housekeeping included, you can refer to the owners directory for the details but suffice it to say that a very small account like what you are considering will almost certainly have enough included that you will never be charged for anything in excess of your maintence fees unless you make and then cancel reservations

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Small ownerships are charged a minimum program fee. I wouldn’t call this a “junk” fee as all owners pay the program fee it’s just that if you own less than about 231000 annual points you will pay more per 1000 points than if you owned more

The junk fees a wyndham ownership is charged are transaction fees, guest fees and housekeeping fees. Every account gets some transactions, some guest confirmations and some housekeeping included, you can refer to the owners directory for the details but suffice it to say that a very small account like what you are considering will almost certainly have enough included that you will never be charged for anything in excess of your maintence fees unless you make and then cancel reservations
Thank you, Ron! We would likely never exchange this for another resort. Would buy the Bonnet Creek to stay at Bonnet Creek. So are there transaction fees in booking your own home resort? And do you have an estimate of housekeeping fees? With our other RCI account and the DVC, we do not have housekeeping fees, so any information is greatly appreciated.
Also, does owning a Wyndham resort include RCI membership like DVC does? My other timeshare does not and we do pay the RCI membership fee on that.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you, Ron! We would likely never exchange this for another resort. Would buy the Bonnet Creek to stay at Bonnet Creek. So are there transaction fees in booking your own home resort? And do you have an estimate of housekeeping fees? With our other RCI account and the DVC, we do not have housekeeping fees, so any information is greatly appreciated.
Also, does owning a Wyndham resort include RCI membership like DVC does? My other timeshare does not and we do pay the RCI membership fee on that.

With those other resorts, you are paying those fees, they are just wrapped up in your MF. So if you book one trip on one unit, you pay the same Mf as some one who books multiple units that have to get cleaned. Wyndham gives you an allocated amount of reservation transaction credits and housekeeping credits for “free”. If you don’t use more then what you are allocated, you don’t pay any extra fees for booking. That person who books multiple rooms, has to pay for the extra housekeeping and reservation fees. Otherwise the rest of us would be paying for it. It’s a way to keep the program fee lower. Make the people who use it a lot pay for their use and the others who only do one or two trips a year, not have to pay extra for someone else. Gold and Platinum VIPs get unlimited, but they also have more points. Many have said they’ve never run over their allocated amount. You get one reservation transaction per 77k points you own, and one housekeeping credit per 1,000 points you own. You need 1 Reservation transaction credit per unit you book. How many housekeeping credits you need depends on the size of the room.

If you buy into Bonnet Creek, make sure you have enough points for the room you want. You could also utilize the PIC program (with a retail purchase), to trade in your week for additional points. The PIC and retail purchase will count towards VIP. The reason I am bringing it up, is because it gives you another option for that week. You can exchange it for Club Wyndham points, for an $89 fee. The minimum purchase is 49,000 points which will run you around $12k. You’ll have to decide is $12k is worth being able to have the option to exchange that week for points if you decide to. It’s not a permanent exchange. You only pay that $89 fee when you want to trade it for points. You can choose not to exchange them as well. Think of it as another deposit system. If you do not deposit, it’s still your fixed week. You could probably get contracts cheaper then $12k but those usually have higher maintenance fees. This points can be used at any resort. If you decide to go that route, don’t do it at the resorts. They grossly over charge. Go through Wyndham corporate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
There you go,

But as I have said the transaction credits , housekeeping, and guest confirms included with your account should be sufficient

You can use any Wyndham points to stay at bonnet creek

Your program fee includes an Rci weeks account.
Ron, do you know what the program fee is? Is it a yearly fee in addition to your MF's? And does your RCI account through Wyndham still give you access to other Orlando resorts through last call, extra vacations, etc? Our timeshare in SC has RCI membership and we have access to those Orlando resorts through RCI. However, our DVC does not have access to the Orlando resorts through RCi. The reason I am asking is because if we buy the Wyndham contract, we are seriously considering just giving the SC contract to our son.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Ron, do you know what the program fee is? Is it a yearly fee in addition to your MF's? And does your RCI account through Wyndham still give you access to other Orlando resorts through last call, extra vacations, etc? Our timeshare in SC has RCI membership and we have access to those Orlando resorts through RCI. However, our DVC does not have access to the Orlando resorts through RCi. The reason I am asking is because if we buy the Wyndham contract, we are seriously considering just giving the SC contract to our son.

I hope you don’t mind me answering. For resale only owners, the program fee is 58 cents per 1,000 points. That’s a year. So 100,000 will cost you $58 in program fees a year.

As resale, you have access to RCI weeks and last calls. Not sure about the extra vacations. Have not been there in awhile. You can book some DVC through RCI with your club Wyndham points, but from what I heard, they can be difficult to grab and you only get 1 bedrooms. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Looks like there is extra vacations.

IMG_1227.jpg

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
I hope you don’t mind me answering. For resale only owners, the program fee is 58 cents per 1,000 points. That’s a year. So 100,000 will cost you $58 in program fees a year.

As resale, you have access to RCI weeks and last calls. Not sure about the extra vacations. Have not been there in awhile. You can book some DVC through RCI with your club Wyndham points, but from what I heard, they can be difficult to grab and you only get 1 bedrooms. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info! I have plenty of my own DVC points so not concerned about using RCI for that (own at Vero, AK, and Beach Club). We book a 3 week stay at Disney every year during F&W festival with our DVC points. Realistically, what I would like is to be able to buy enough Wyndham points to stay in a 1 bedroom every yr during value season. And then, for our other stays, log into RCI and book the last calls and extra vacations in other Orlando timeshares around Disney.
If I buy Wyndham, I will just deed my SC timeshare over to my son. That will end my RCI membership through that company, which results in me not having access to last calls/extra vacations in the Orlando area. DVC has RCI membership but Orlando timeshares are blocked out within a certain mile radius of DVC resorts.
We currently spend around 70 nights per yr in Orlando. So having access to those RCI last calls/extra vacations are very important! I just want to make sure that I don't give up that access if I buy Wyndham and turn over the SC resort to my son.
Hope I make sense! Thank you for your help!

Deborah Allen

Reaction score

View attachment 7442

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO

View attachment 7442

I am assuming you have the RCI membership through your Wyndham membership correct? If so can you please look and see if there are any Orlando resorts through last call or extra vacations? This would help me out SO much! I have to verify that they are not blocked out if I own at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

There is a minimum program fee if you don't own at least 231,000 points and it is $131. But if you own the minimum it is .58 per thousand points like Richelle said.

To clarify with your other timeshare you don't have an RCI points account you have an RCI weeks account and get TPU's, Trading Power Units, for your week you deposit. You could leave yourselves on the deed and just add your son's name. Or you can transfer the deed and the RCI account both. To transfer the RCI account you would fill out the MTA form and pay $98. If you are going to transfer the RCI account I would suggest doing it before you buy Wyndham points as you will get a free RCI account with them. This way both you and your son will each have accounts if you don't want to share the same RCI account.

You can book the sale weeks, last call weeks and extra vacations with your current weeks account and I believe could do the same with the RCI account Wyndham will give you. Your Wyndham RCI account will be free with no membership fee. Do you have to pay an annual RCI membership fee with your current RCI account?

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
There is a minimum program fee if you don't own at least 231,000 points and it is $131. But if you own the minimum it is .58 per thousand points like Richelle said.

To clarify with your other timeshare you don't have an RCI points account you have an RCI weeks account and get TPU's, Trading Power Units, for your week you deposit. You could leave yourselves on the deed and just add your son's name. Or you can transfer the deed and the RCI account both. To transfer the RCI account you would fill out the MTA form and pay $98. If you are going to transfer the RCI account I would suggest doing it before you buy Wyndham points as you will get a free RCI account with them. This way both you and your son will each have accounts if you don't want to share the same RCI account.

You can book the sale weeks, last call weeks and extra vacations with your current weeks account and I believe could do the same with the RCI account Wyndham will give you. Your Wyndham RCI account will be free with no membership fee. Do you have to pay an annual RCI membership fee with your current RCI account?
Yes, I do have to pay the annual RCI membership fee with the current SC resort. If we turn it over to our son, I will just put it completely in his name so we are no longer tied to it. Then after buying Wyndham, instead of paying an annual RCI fee, I would now pay both a yearly Club Wyndham fee and the MF's, is that correct? Do you know if Orlando resorts are included in your RCI membership with Wyndham when booking last call and extra vacations?
I really need to make sure they are not blocked out like DVC's RCI membership has.
Thank you!!!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I think I saw over 90 resorts. If there are black out days, I don’t know what they are.

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
I think I saw over 90 resorts. If there are black out days, I don’t know what they are.

Not looking for any blackout days, but Orlando resorts. I need confirmation that if you buy at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, you can still book other Orlando resorts through their RCI's last call/extra vacation partnership. Thank you for all of your help!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I don’t own Bonnet Creek but I don’t see why you would lose access to Orlando resorts in last calls. This is what I see.
ae5bfc05ceb1609e200f22c74dbb8c14.png

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Do you know if Orlando resorts are included in your RCI membership with Wyndham when booking last call and extra vacations?
I really need to make sure they are not blocked out like DVC's RCI membership has.
Thank you!!!

As far as I know Disney is the only TS system that blocks an Orlando unit from booking one of their Orlando units.

All others will still let you book. Be aware Hilton’s will have a 1 in 4 rule meaning your only aloud to exchange into a given resort once in 4 years, per RCI account. You can stay in multiple Hilton’s just not same one in that time slice. The Shearaton resorts in RCI have these rules to. Wyndham, Vacation Villiage, Bluegreen, DVC and most others don’t have a 1 in x rule. DVC I think has an additional $190 fee in addition to your exchange fee if you trade into them.

I might suggest if you like Orlando units look at a 6-12K WorldMark or something that comes with a II account. Marriotts and Hyatt’s trade in II. WM will let you trade 4K credits for an exchange for last minute stays any size unit. They also normally have 1 & 2 bedroom units available all the time at Marriott Resorts as last minute deals where you can pay less than $500 for the week. II doesn’t have any 1 in x rules and exchange fees are cheaper. They also constantly give you free certificates for 1 week trips.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Here is an example of last minute deals under II for a premium Marriott resort.

34C73267-C0B0-44CB-82A3-1CD9C87968F4.jpeg

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Our goal is to buy at Wyndham and keep our DVC. But, let our son have the SC timeshare with RCI membership. I just don't want to be selling myself short if Wyndham put restrictions on other Orlando resorts in RCI like DVC does. Thank you so much to all of the advice!!!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Our goal is to buy at Wyndham and keep our DVC. But, let our son have the SC timeshare with RCI membership. I just don't want to be selling myself short if Wyndham put restrictions on other Orlando resorts in RCI like DVC does. Thank you so much to all of the advice!!!
Just keep in mind, if the rules are good for you today they can change tomorrow and not be to your liking. You must be ok with that as there is no guarantee rules through RCI will stay the same.

Deborah Allen

Reaction score
Just keep in mind, if the rules are good for you today they can change tomorrow and not be to your liking. You must be ok with that as there is no guarantee rules through RCI will stay the same.
Thanks! Yeah, I know how the rules can and do change. We've had the SC timeshare over 20 years now with RCI. We just really are not using the SC timeshare at all anymore and we would use the Wyndham. MF's seem to be about comparable between the 2. So we are kinda trying to trade one for the other so to speak-even though one has been paid for and the other we still have to buy, lol!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks! Yeah, I know how the rules can and do change. We've had the SC timeshare over 20 years now with RCI. We just really are not using the SC timeshare at all anymore and we would use the Wyndham. MF's seem to be about comparable between the 2. So we are kinda trying to trade one for the other so to speak-even though one has been paid for and the other we still have to buy, lol!
I have changed my portfolio to also have what I will use. Being you like Bonnet Creek and will use seems like a good choice. Your can always book the getaways thru you sons account and get a guest certificate if the rules limit you.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own DVC and Wyndham and my kids are over staying at Disney. I have a DVC SSR exchange coming up and my kids don't want it. They want Bonnet Creek. I do love my DVC member benefits, though.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not looking for any blackout days, but Orlando resorts. I need confirmation that if you buy at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, you can still book other Orlando resorts through their RCI's last call/extra vacation partnership. Thank you for all of your help!

Why would you buy another timeshare if what you really want is something you already have an RCI account