• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Locations you wish had more timeshares

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is a lot of these colder places are too remote and too cold in the off-season. They need the weather to be good enough for someone to buy those winter weeks unless there are winter sports available.

Many are geared for the people that ski and snowboard for winter.
Massanutten in the Shenandoah area of N Virgina is nice, and added many activities for those that can’t ski/snowboard...they even use the slopes for other activities during the summer.
If you own, it’s usually a fixed week. (We never used ours at the end of September, but was and excellent trade, which ended up getting us 2 weeks in 2-3 bedroom units for the one week we owned. Gave it away last year. Only want to go to my Kaua’i Resort from now on! Unless a prime Michigan summer week came up in the right location, but I’m even renting out Kaua’i until we move out of state! Can’t wait to be able to go again and escape the cold winters!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the exact issue for Alaska! I would love to see a timeshare or two there, but the financial model really doesn't work.

Late July, through August is the prime season, and you will still freeze your butt! Best to do a cruise for Alaska at this time, unless you are a real rustic person that can handle the cold and midnight sun!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
OBX and Northern VA near the Metro Lines.

OBX has tons, but they are all in Kitty Hawk or the Northern OBX...need something around Hatteras or even Ocracoke Island (even though the recent hurricane just flooded the island!)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should be allowed to build/rebuild anything new on the OBX. They are moving sand bars, designed by hurricanes over the centuries to move as needed with the storms. Why we ever allowed permanent structures on them in the first place, I have no idea. But now that we know better, we need to do better. Because the storms are only going to get worse. And I'm tired of having my taxpayer dollars rebuild highway 12 year after year after year...and expecting a different result.

Reactions: Xan

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hear it’s beautiful out that way!

It is very pretty. The Sound is beautiful and just west of the coast are woods and wineries. We love it there.

Reactions: Xan

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Southern California Coast
Mammoth Lakes CA
Fiji
Bora Bora
Moorea

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I’m tied to timeshares. I wish Yellowstone and Iceland had more/ some timeshares. Two locations on my bucket list I haven’t been to because I can’t exchange into.

I stopped being tied to timeshares years ago. If there is one I will look for an exchange. If not I just DH and I get a hotel room. Booking.com even has an area where you can view the approximate room dimensions. Thanks to reviews it is rarely a bad unit, in fact I really can't remember one.