• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Locations you wish had more timeshares

NHpauls

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding Yellowstone: I thot the same thing until we went last year. It takes too long to drive from just one location. We stayed in 2 locations in the park for 2 nites each and then the town of w.Yellowstone at the end of the week. We are so glad we did! We love timeshares and hate hotels but at Yellowstone, we were in our room so little time that we didn’t mind it. The couple times we needed to just veg (and not be driving or hiking), we sat in the rockers on the front porch of the lodge we were near. Coffee-makers in the cabins, bfast bars to carry us until we had a large, late bfast each day. We were good until dinner. The stand-alone cabins owned by the park look awful from the outside but are very clean & cozy on the inside. They cost more than a TS but we knew this was a one-time deal for us. It is truly an amazing place to experience.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
Good question and thank you for asking. Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, upstate New York, Wisconsin and Michigan

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Northwest Pacific Coast (Oregon, Washington state, and British Columbia!

I can count at least 8 Worldmark Resorts on the water in Oregon and Washington; at least 6 Worldmark Resorts Inland in Oregon and Washington; and, another 3 or 4 Worldmark Resorts in British Columbia.

This does not include non-Worldmark Resorts of which there are between 6 and a 12.

Where there is a short fall is Southern Oregon and Nothern California.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Costa Rica and Bermuda for me.

purson

Reaction score
Moab welcomes its first (and only, so far) timeshare next year! It’s a WorldMark and I’d been suggesting that destination to them for 10 years. I’m planning to be there within a few weeks of opening but it is under construction right now.

Jay6821

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any of the lakeside resort towns in northern Michigan. Traverse City of course, but also anywhere in Lenlanau county or Glen Arbor, Charlevouix, Petoskey or Mackinaw Island.

Swegnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smuggler's Notch Resort
The Virgin Islands, US and British.

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
Charleston, SC

Savanna, Georgia

Southern California Coast

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
European Cities. More Midwest resorts, Traverse City Michigan in particular.

I definitely agree Michigan needs more timeshares, especially Mackinac Island and very lower Michigan, besides the location off M-59 & US23!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I definitely agree Michigan needs more timeshares, especially Mackinac Island and very lower Michigan, besides the location off M-59 & US23!

Anyplace off of Michigan’s Sunset Coast would be great. Traverse City would make the most year round sense to me.

Reactions: Xan

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyplace off of Michigan’s Sunset Coast would be great. Traverse City would make the most year round sense to me.

I totally agree! It’s impossible to get anything in Traverse City in the Summer or even May or September! (I usually avoid UP North in the Winter. I lived for two years where the Saginaw Bay net Lake Huron 79-81, and couldn’t take it in the Winter, even though Detroit area was actually having a worse Winter those 2 years! I’m not much of a snow person after all these decades. I want sun and water in the warm season.

Mancelona is nice, but still a drive to Traverse City. I still say Mackinac Island would be perfect, or Ludington down to Saugatuk would be great. Even build up Alpena on Lake Huron!

I just like the idea of southern inland, possibly closer to the Detroit area for all the activities, plus it would be easier to visit family.

Ann Arbor area would be great too, even though that one big rustic resort off M-59 & US 23 advertises as Ann Arbor, just too rustic for me, and still can be an hour drive at times to Ann Arbor.

I’m at the point of luxury a bit more. Gave up tent camping long ago. My health can’t take the cold or rustic.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
London! Now with Sloane Garden Club gone there are none that I know of.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think in general the Caribbean is lacking quality non AI timeshare options. There are a few gems, but the pickings tend to be slim except for a few places like Aruba.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also many places outside of the US have very limited options - the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Indian Ocean...

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
My guess is a lot of these colder places are too remote and too cold in the off-season. They need the weather to be good enough for someone to buy those winter weeks unless there are winter sports available.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
My guess is a lot of these colder places are too remote and too cold in the off-season. They need the weather to be good enough for someone to buy those winter weeks unless there are winter sports available.

This is the exact issue for Alaska! I would love to see a timeshare or two there, but the financial model really doesn't work.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
OBX and Northern VA near the Metro Lines.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
More
Old Key West
Charleston

I believe would be popular
Jersey Shore
Brooklyn NY Coney Island Beach Area
Bear Mountain Region NY

I definitely agree with the Old Town Key West area...was there in April, I’ve gotten too old to handle the big party scene from when I was down there 32 years ago. (It ended up being cheaper to own (& fly to) on Kaua’i, than stay for free in a friend’s condo w/car in the center of the island!)

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is my favorite place in the world to visit..
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
Wine Tasting (tour wine country)
Microbreweries
Dining (they really specialize in farm to table)
Outdoor Recreation
Bask in the Sun at Traverse City Beaches
Visit Traverse City Lighthouses

I love having the screen open at night and sleeping to the waves crashing against the shoreline.

Charlevoix would be nice too!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good question and thank you for asking. Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, upstate New York, Wisconsin and Michigan

I’m all for more Michigan, especially in the summer!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Waldenwoods was the name I was thinking of that claims “Ann Arbor”, but is still a distance away with the excessive traffic south on US 23! (Was just past the Resort several times last week, staying w/in-laws not far north of the place.)
Michigan needs something with a little more luxury. I do enjoy the rustic Michigan, but I’m getting too old for all those stairs! (Yep! Some luxury in Michigan would be nice!)