• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

lifestyle holiday tropical and residence getaway

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
I have a 2 room on hold. One is at the lifestyle Holiday Tropical and The other is at The Residence they are on hold until tomorrow. This is in Puerto Plata, has anyone ever booked here? Any advice or information on the beach or resort?

I know they are a little ways apart but we needed at least one 2 bedroom for us and my brother in-law wanted a studio for them closer to the beach.

Thanks
Susan

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We will be booking an getaway so I know we do not have access to the VIP section and some restaurants. I am not sure if this resorts restricts how many of the a la carte restaurants that you can book during your week?

Do they have many beach chairs or is the non-vip beach area very big? We are fine getting up at 6am to head to the beach to get chairs, we hang out for a bit before we go to breakfast.

We have 1 unit (studio) at the Tropical and the other at the residence in a 2 bedroom - is it a long walk between resorts? I think I read between 10-20 minute walk??

Any tips on requesting room locations - building or floors?

Thanks
Susan

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well we just booked it., it was too good of a deal to pass up. I am hoping it is not too far of a walk between resorts but we really needed a 2 bedroom units so we booked that one at the Residence and my in-laws wanted a studio closer to the beach so I booked them at the Tropical.

RCI has a great deal going on now - It cost me an about $1140 total for a 2 bedroom & a studio for a week INCLUDING the all inclusive fees for 6 adults for that whole week!!!! -- if I could have went 2 weeks later I could have saved my 33k points (my cost is about $200 for the Grandview) and only paid $99 for the 2-bedroom so it would have been even cheaper but I have points I needed to use up anyways and the other dates were getting too close to Christmas for us. So it averaged out to only $27 per person per day for room/food/drinks/one way transfers / ect--

Not sure if anyone else is looking at going to Puerto Plata but you have to call in to ask for this special. If you want to save your points tell them you want the $99 deal and you can book from a hotel unit to a 2 bedroom unit - it is only for the Lifestyles Residence or the Lifestyles Tropical in Puerto Plata. I think it ends in December for booking and then you have 18 months to travel.

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has a great deal going on now - It cost me an about $1140 total for a 2 bedroom & a studio for a week INCLUDING the all inclusive fees for 6 adults for that whole week!!!! -- if I could have went 2 weeks later I could have saved my 33k points (my cost is about $200 for the Grandview) and only paid $99 for the 2-bedroom so it would have been even cheaper but I have points I needed to use up anyways and the other dates were getting too close to Christmas for us. So it averaged out to only $27 per person per day for room/food/drinks/one way transfers / ect--

Hello, I can't find your rates, i.e:

The Residence Suites: Mandatory All Inclusive Program. Fees are per person, per day. Adult Fee: US Dollars 79.00 Fee Type= Day, so 4 people in a 2BR = $2212 for a week plus exchange/getaway fee.

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello, I can't find your rates, i.e:

The Residence Suites: Mandatory All Inclusive Program. Fees are per person, per day. Adult Fee: US Dollars 79.00 Fee Type= Day, so 4 people in a 2BR = $2212 for a week plus exchange/getaway fee.

This was from the email that I got from RCI on the promo.

Act Fast! Offer Expires 12.30.17

Free Exchange Fee
When You Prepay All-Inclusive Fees of ONLY $20USD PP/PD

RCI® Subscribing Members, call 1.877.968.7476 to book your next Exchange vacation at the below LHVC Resorts in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and then immediately prepay the all-inclusive fees of $20USD per person / per day and LHVC will pay your Exchange Fee.*

Participating Resorts

The Tropical at LHVC Resort 6712
LEARN MORE »

The Residence Suites at LHVC Resort 6716
LEARN MORE »

This offer is only available through the call center.
Call 1.877.968.7476 to book your Exchange vacation today!**
This offer expires 12.30.17. Blackout dates apply.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that this place is huge and you will easily have 30 minute walk between the building where the studios are and where the residences are.
The beach is not so nice, and you have to leave the resort to go to the beach. The loungers are by the pool, and some sections of it are VIP, I can't remember which exactly, but I think it's 3 VIP pools and 4 non vip. The buffet, the shows, and the drinks can't be beat given the price. Enjoy!

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I have stayed at the Tropical twice and got great deals thru CheapCaribbean.com, $640 pp for 8 nights including airfare. Amazing deals which gave us use of the VIP beach. I believe for a 7 night stay you are only allowed to reserve at 3 restaurants. They have weekly scheduled buffet/parties that are phenomenal and shouldn't be missed. The beach is not very nice but the pools are. I am sure you will enjoy it.

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any nice beaches close by?

Also we were thinking of doing the 27 waterfalls.. has anyone been on this and is it worth it?

DRIless

Reaction score
Any info on the general condition of the resort and Puerto Plata after Irma and Jose?

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I called the resort they said they were open. I am havent heard anything else.