TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Adventures Inc.

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling & Renting Timeshares' started by Mayble, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Mayble

Mayble TUG Member

I'm watching an ebay listing for a platinum unit and I sent the seller a message asking if they would give me the unit number. The seller responded that she would have to ask her boss if she could give me the unit number and then proceeded to ask my why I needed it. I explained to her that I want to confirm it's a platinum week before I bid. This is two days ago and I have not heard back. The listing ends tomorrow. They are fairly new on ebay and don't have a lot of feedback, but what they have is 100%. I'm a little worried to bid because when I searched their name I found some negative posts about them.

Has anyone had recent experience with this company? Should I stay away?

Their ebay name is Timesharediscounts

2. RNCollins

RNCollins TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House
  3. Jan M.

Jan M. TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    We dealt with them in October of 2016 and had no problems with the three deeds we got through them.

Mayble likes this.
  4. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Since an eBay auction on any real estate matter (including timeshares) is non-binding, why not just "snipe" bid exactly what you are willing to pay (temporarily assuming the "platinum" claim to be correct) if this auction is ending soon?

If you "win" the auction but missing details are not provided (and then verified) before it's time to actually sign a contract and pony up money, it is your right and prerogative to simply not proceed further and walk away, without consequences.

None of my business or concern, but what does unit number have to do with "platinum" status anyhow?
    Isn't it the week (i.e., not the unit) that determines any such status --- in any timeshare system? :ponder:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  5. Mayble

Mayble TUG Member

That's a good point, i can verify the details before I pay. The unit number for this resort will indicate whether it is a platinum weeks. The resort is a floating week so the assigned week doesn't make a difference. I'm going to bid and if I get it I will ask for the estoppel. Without the estoppel I won't proceed.

6. Mayble

Mayble TUG Member

That's a good point, i can verify the details before I pay. The unit number for this resort will indicate whether it is a platinum weeks. The resort is a floating week so the assigned week doesn't make a difference. I'm going to bid and if I get it I will ask for the estoppel. Without the estoppel I won't proceed.

7. Mayble

Mayble TUG Member

Thank you. How long did it take to close?

8. Mayble

Mayble TUG Member

9. Jan M.

Jan M. TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    It took just a little over 3 months for the Wyndham deeds but they are slow. Our Grandview Las Vegas deed didn't take as long.

10. Carlson

Carlson TUG Member

We have had a disastrous experience with www.legacyadventuresinc.com We purchased a timeshare on E-Bay back in September only to find that Legacy Adventures has a poor understanding of title transfer. They failed to ensure clear title and ended up drafting a deed to us from a non-existent owner. Now they want us to sign a deed to cancel the incorrect deed they prepared and have not yet agreed to refund the purchase price. We only found out about the error when contacting Marriott to see why the transfer was not complete. When the company was confronted with the error they misrepresented facts argued with me that they did not realize the title was not clear. Making sure title is clear is an integral part of the sales process. The timeshare was represented as free and clear. It is amazing that a company taking a fee to prepare the transfer documents has no understanding of its obligation to be sure the chain of title is correct and clear when preparing deeds under the circumstances. Stay Away from this company. The current information for this company is: Legacy Adventures Inc., 25010 Oakhurst Dr Ste 100, Spring, TX 77386, tel 888.336.1040. I intend to report this company to the local District Attorney, the Better Business Bureau, E-Bay and timeshare regulatory agencies. I am posting this email to warn others about our experience. Hope this helps someone.

11. Robert D

Robert D Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

My experience is that virtually none of the timeshare closing companies do a title search to be sure that the chain of title is clear. This is why I always do a title search before the transfer is done. Most just get a copy of the current owner's title and an estoppel letter from the resort management confirming ownership and that fees are current but if there was a problem in the chain of title before the current owner came along, this will not catch the problem. One example is a previous owner might have put the title into a trust and then sold it and conveyed title individually because they didn't tell the closing company or resort management that it had been put into a trust. Net result is nothing got conveyed and the trust still legally owns the property.

12. Lowbud

Lowbud TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Royal Resorts, The Royal Cancun, The Royal Sands, The Royal Haciendas
    Westgate Smokey Mountain
    Vacation village Weston
    Grandview Las Vegas
    I picked up a westgate smoky mountain from them earlier this year. No issues at all.. Somehow luck was on my side and the unit slipped through the crack and the ROFR was waived.. I know, everyone poo poo's westgate.. but this resort is a quick getaway for me so being a resale owner doesn't hurt me at all..

YMMV!

swditz likes this.
  13. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Exactly my sentiments about this company.

I'm glad there are those with good experiences; you were probably fortunate. I'm sure there are many who have had no issues with this company. But I also believe there are many who have been on the short-end of the stick. Myself included. Their motto: If it works out; great. If not, too bad.

Be warned.

14. swditz

swditz TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    westgate palace wk 52
    briarwood cape cod wk 30
    surfside cape cod wk 41
    falls at Ogunquit wk 21
    discovery beach wk 7
    I bought from them twice. the first time they contacted me about a match they had for a want to buy add I had on tug. the second time I bought points for inn season they had advertised. both times went very smooth.