TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy River coming to Vidanta Riveria Maya

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by holdaer, Nov 2, 2017.

1. RussellSun

RussellSun TUG Member

The way I look at it, we will be staying in a AAA 5 Diamond resort for 14 days for $221 per night. The Jungle suite is huge, more like a 2 bedroom because the living room converts to a second bedroom with two sleeper sofas and it has two full bathrooms and a full kitchen and dining room. I do not know the square footage but I think it is at least 1700+ sf. The typical Marriott and Disney 2 bedrooms are 1100-1200 sf and not as fancy. The Jungle Suite is classified as a 1 bedroom but it is bigger than most 2 bedroom timeshares. Yes for me quality, flexibility, and views are important. I care about price but as long as the there is a cost-quality relationship, I will pay extra for what is important to me. BTW, I still have the certificate and we can stay in a Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom for $299 for the week but I will probably give it to my sister and her family. If they can’t travel before it expires, then we will find a way to use it if it fits our schedule. I do like a good deal!

2. richontug

richontug TUG Member

But when is the Lazy River coming to Grand Luxxe RM?

Seriously - lots of good information - we have chosen not to pay for upgrade to GL from Mayan Palace but will continue to use SFX and rentals.

3. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Grand Luxxe
    I believe the privilege weeks allow you to book further out than 18 months with SFX; with the diamond level membership there it is listed as unlimited, but of course would have to take into account availability. That might quash it a bit down to being 12 months in reality.

As far as knowing exactly what view and room type you get go, information is power. Certain of the GL room types only exist in certain locations. For example the penthouse 1 BR lofts are only in the top floor of building 5 in NV and the 2 and 3 BR lofts at NV are only in towers 3 and 4, I believe, on the 3rd/4th floor. I had thought the lower floors of those buildings were 2 & 3 BR spa units like the ones above the loft floors, but apparently they are villa units per the OP. By choosing the room type judiciously, you can limit the degrees of freedom the hotel side has as to where you are located. Anyone have a comprehensive listing of where the different room types are located? My belief, based on very limited personal experience and readings here is that for NV it is:

Punta = presidential units
    Tower 1 = villa units, probably some plain 2 BR suites that can be locked off
    Tower 2 = villa units, probably some plain 2 BR suites that can be locked off
    Tower 3 = 2/3 BR lofts at 3rd floor, spas above, villas below
    Tower 4 = 2/3 BR lofts at 3rd floor, spas above, villas below
    Residence Tower = 4 BR; 4 per floor with individual elevators for each one
    Tower 5 = studio lofts floors 1-6 or 7; penthouse 1 BR lofts at the top level.​

4. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    A little clarification on a few buildings.
    Towers 1 & 2 consists of GL suites and GL Villas (the corner units). The Villas are somewhat larger with an additional room and balcony.
    Tower 3 is all GL villas and suites except for the 4th floor which are the 2/3 bed lofts.
    Tower 4 is GL villa and suites on floors 1-3; loft on 4; and 2 and 3 bedroom spa units above that.

Mike

5. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks, Mike! Was hoping for that. Are the villas in tower 1 & 2 2 or 3 BR ones?

RussellSun, there’s another choice you’ll be able to make to get a higher floor with certainty; the penthouse lofts allow booking a 2 BR spa unit, and all of those are in the upper floors of tower 4. I believe building 4A & 4B, which comprise tower 4, have 8 spa units per floor with the 3 BR ones at the corners and the 2 BR ones in the middle. We stayed in a 2 BR river view one last visit and thought the view of the farms across the river, the mountains, and the city of Puerto Vallarta was great. In that building, at least, they delivered coffe on carts to each floor in the morning; think they do that for all the GL ones. We were on the lowest of the spa floors.

6. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    All the villas are 2 bedrooms with the extra room that can be used as a separate living area or made up as a bedroom - not as good as a third bedroom - but OK. We wanted the villa as the lock-off gives you the extra room which we use occasionally.

As for locations, IMO, the best locations in order in Nuevo are.
    1: Mayan Palace
    2: Grand Mayan
    3: Grand Bliss
    4: Punta
    5 and on: the GL towers in order with the Residence unit between 4 and 5

Mike

7. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Are you basing the ranking on proximity to the beach, ability to walk out and catch a bus, favorite restaurants, quality of the rooms or a balance of those considerations? Will the Cirque park opening color your ranking (considering possible access point IVO tower 5)? Just curious.

8. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    Just a balance of distance to beach / views / restaurants. Catching 2 shuttles to go to Lazy river is not as good as a 3 minute walk. Will have to wait for Cirque to open to see if that changes anything.

Mike

9. RussellSun

RussellSun TUG Member

I love the location of Grand Bliss at Nuevo Vallarta. It seems like a nice balance of luxury, location and views. The views at Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta are unbeatable. I love the Grand Bliss pool at Nuevo Vallarta. Direct head on views at the beach. All in all, I think the Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta may be the best bet for Grand Luxxe owners looking for ocean views because we get priority there for the best rooms.

pittle likes this.
  10. lauramiddl

lauramiddl TUG Member

We will be trading into a jungle suite president's week. I've been researching when then lazy river will open and have found only a few hints. Vidanta Facebook post mentions an special announcement will come in December and recent resort reviews include mentions of ongoing construction of pool near the new jungle suites with one commenter saying the lazy river was opening in November (which would be anytime, then).

If anybody learns anything, please share!