• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

lawai beach resort building request

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but I am already on vacation in Hawaii and
Don't have much spare time to look this up.

We will be going to Kauai from big island and will be staying at lawai beach resort
In a 2BR villa.

What are the best buildings to request?
What building should be avoided?

Should I email the resort before I get there to request villa location or just wait till we arrive?

This is an RCI exchange for week of Xmas/New year's so does it really matter what I ask for or will I be stuck with whatever is available?:wall:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Best: High floor - Ali'i Bldg.

Worst: Low floor - Coral Bldg.

You really want to avoid the first floor in all buildings: Because there is no AC, you will probably have the windows open at least some of the time, and because the walk-ways are right outside the windows it can be loud, and not so private.

Last edited:

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best: High floor - Ali'i Bldg.

Worst: Low floor - Coral Bldg.

You really want to avoid the first floor in all buildings: Because there is no AC, you will probably have the windows open at least some of the time, and because the walk-ways are right outside the windows it can be loud, and not so private.

Thanks for your response, if I can't get Alli building what other buildings and location would you recommend. I am a light sleeper so would prefer to be away from road noise.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's not really road noise - it's people right outside your window on the walkway, and the parking lot.

If the Ali'i isn't available, then I'd take the highest floor available in any of the other buildings.

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be seen as a 'naysayer' -- but having just returned from LBR I'd say to be prepared for a unit in the Coral building. As an RCI exchanger at a very busy time I will be very surprised if you can score anything but the Coral building. I like the way Interval actually assigns a separate resort code for units in the Coral building so you know what you are in for. I was on a high floor, but so close to the elevator I could hear it 'ding' every time it reached my floor. Also, the recycling bins are nearby and people would actually dump large numbers of glass bottles in the middle of the night. I didn't get a solid nights sleep the entire week I was there. Be prepared as to what is more important to you -- a quieter spot or a better view.

Tiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
a few additional comments

The windows on the walkway have been changed to increase privacy, you can crack the windows open in the guest bedroom and have complete privacy there and if necessary open the windows fully in the kitchen where privacy isn't as important. There are three overhead fans if needed. We virtually never need the fans. Get to the resort as soon as possible to partially check in and request a room. They won't be ready till 3 or so but you request, that doesn't count till the day you start will be in early

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Luck!! Units are assigned well in advance and little is 'changeable' at the time of check in. Most of Lawai's units are situated much better than most resorts, i.e. views and location. All owners ,and I believe higher end trades, achieve better unit locations.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be seen as a 'naysayer' -- but having just returned from LBR I'd say to be prepared for a unit in the Coral building. As an RCI exchanger at a very busy time I will be very surprised if you can score anything but the Coral building. I like the way Interval actually assigns a separate resort code for units in the Coral building so you know what you are in for. I was on a high floor, but so close to the elevator I could hear it 'ding' every time it reached my floor. Also, the recycling bins are nearby and people would actually dump large numbers of glass bottles in the middle of the night. I didn't get a solid nights sleep the entire week I was there. Be prepared as to what is more important to you -- a quieter spot or a better view.

Had 4 RCI exchanges during mid April 2012 - got Ali'l for all 4 of them ... yes, first floor Ali'l, but not even one Coral. And all 4 units had oceanviews from the lanai .... even the complainer in the group, was starry eye happy with his "I can see the ocean" at close to midnight on arrival.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are owners at LBR, and book 24 months in advance. When you make a reservation as an owner, you reserve a specific unit, so yes, they are assigned well in advance.

We own in the Banyan Building and love it. We didn't find the parking lot noise to be an issue at all. The view and size of the unit is fantastic.

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies. I will email them a couple of days before arrival and make my request for preferred location and high floor and hope for the best.

Tiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes the owner units are booked two years in advance, but the exchange units are not, so in my opinion and from the experience of fielding these questions for 10 years, and reading the results , it does often help to get to the resort early and request what you want. Exchanger assignments , unlike owner assignments, are not cast in stone and can be moved to other exchanger units if available.

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes the owner units are booked two years in advance, but the exchange units are not, so in my opinion and from the experience of fielding these questions for 10 years, and reading the results , it does often help to get to the resort early and request what you want. Exchanger assignments , unlike owner assignments, are not cast in stone and can be moved to other exchanger units if available.

I am here now and checked in on Friday at around 1:00 PM. I asked for a high floor in Alli building or Banyan building and was told they were all occupied by owner's and could wait list me if someone didn't show up but all they had was Coral building and gave me two keys to check rooms. First one was 2 BR 2 bath on ground floor and was like a dungeon. This was also very dated and had not been renovated for many years and I was not very happy. Second Choice was 2BR 1 bath on 3rd floor and was somewhat renovated with granite counter tops, 3 flat screen tv's. Some of the furnishings were a little dated but once I went out to huge Lanai with views of the pool and ocean view I was happy. Went back to check in and grabbed the third floor unit so all's well. :banana::cheer::cool:

Tiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for you. The Coral Pool is very nice and is the only one that is heated. You are only 75 feet from the second best snorkling site on the island, and the Beach House restaurant, once listed as the most romantic restaurant in the world, and their beautiful lawn for sunbathing and sunset watching. There are green sea turtles in the water there, what a wonder to swim with them, and a historic fish pond (you have to know what you're looking for). There are 3 surf breaks right in front so you can watch the surfers from 7 am to 7 pm.