• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest Experience with Sumday Vacations

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had read with some skepticism reports that Sumday was not performing well. I say skepticism because I had a number of positive dealings with them, and in a situation where something wasn't quite right, they worked to make it right.

However, I think there have been some changes organizationally recently... maybe one of the principals has retired or taken a less active role? My recent transactions have not been as smooth. I'm okay with a few bumps along the way, but one in particular is troubling... I purchased an Oceanside Pier contract last year in early November. It just transferred in about a week ago - okay, 6 months is awhile, but there can be reasons for that. But more problematic is that it transferred with a balance due on the contract of almost $2500 in back maintenance fees (and I'm assuming penalties and late payment fees).

The monthly fee on this contract is under $300, so it may already have been in arrears when it was listed, but this was not noted. Last time I had something like this happen it took me weeks to get it sorted out between the 3rd party (not Sumday) and Wyndham. I really would prefer not having to go through this again, and would not have purchased the contract had I known it was not being kept current as it is supposed to be.

This was not the only contract that was not kept current, and Sumday is telling me I'm responsible for the fees on the other one that transferred in with a balance due.

Hopefully this gets worked out as it has in the past, and I can continue to recommend Sumday... but right now I'd be hesitant.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I recently had an unusual issue with Sumday as well, but they made it right immediately. In my case I let the estoppel slide - and when we closed the promised 2016 usage was not available because the former owner had deposited 2016 into Interval. (Never again will I let the estoppel slide, no matter how much I was a particular property. Never.)

In your case did you request the estoppel? If so, did the estoppel show that the fees were current? Did someone at the resort fill out the estoppel incorrectly?

Hopefully Sumday will resolve things to your satisfaction.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remain hopefully of a resolution.

I signed a contract that had the terms spelled out which would trump whatever a point-in-time estoppel might have shown. Unfortunately, Wyndham estoppels only show that the maintenance fees are or are not current at the time the estoppel is generated; it may well have been current at the time it was delivered to Sumday 7 or 8 months ago.

The guidance used to be that Wyndham would not transfer a contract that had a balance due on it. However, that is not the case, if it ever was. I think only contracts with loans can't be transferred until the loan is satisfied.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Initial Company Response

I remain hopefully of a resolution.

Rob,
Currently out of the office on holiday but have forwarded your concern to Steve. Response will be delayed as this is a holiday weekend and ALL of our staff is out of the office. We will have a resolution for you ASAP, probably no later than Wednesday. If for any reason it is not to your liking feel free to contact me directly, jeffbrown@sumdayvacations.com.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
This matter has been settled quickly, completely, and to my satisfaction. Thanks again to all the great folks at Sumday!

elleny76

Reaction score
Would you able to use the deposit made to II by the former owner? or you lost the 2016 points/week?

I recently had an unusual issue with Sumday as well, but they made it right immediately. In my case I let the estoppel slide - and when we closed the promised 2016 usage was not available because the former owner had deposited 2016 into Interval. (Never again will I let the estoppel slide, no matter how much I was a particular property. Never.)

In your case did you request the estoppel? If so, did the estoppel show that the fees were current? Did someone at the resort fill out the estoppel incorrectly?

Hopefully Sumday will resolve things to your satisfaction.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Would you able to use the deposit made to II by the former owner? or you lost the 2016 points/week?

I did not receive the 2016 usage. We worked out a deal to make things even. Sunday was great.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not receive the 2016 usage. We worked out a deal to make things even. Sunday was great.

Estoppel on current year usage should be taken with a grain of salt because nothing stops the current owner from depositing after the estoppel is done. The most important aspect is buying through a reputable party that can be trusted to make it right.

stratman15

TUG Member
Reaction score
purchase from Sumday Vacations positive

I recently completed a transaction on ebay through Sumday Vacations for some Bluegreen points to add to my existing account and everything went great, exactly as advertised. I had detailed communication by e-mail and they were very quick to respond regarding the terms of the transaction. They were great to work with and everything took less than 75 days to complete. The seller even paid the 2016 MF that were not due until Aug of 2016 and the credit has been added to my account.
I would certainly recommend working with Sumday Vacations as I had a very positive experience with them. Stratman15