• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Late in booking!

psfcfa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, Four Seasons Aviara
So instead of booking my one bedroom stand-alone (not part of a lockoff) at WKORV at midnight 12 months in advance, I wound up booking it four days later...for January 7, 2019. Should I just cancel it and rebook for the following week at the correct midnight mark, or is there a good chance I'll get a decent unit location in any case? One year I got bldg. 3 over the restaurant and it was terrible...
Appreciate any advice!

Smithsingeneva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN (resale)
I booked a couple days after the 12 month mark for a Week 1 1BR OV at WKORVN a couple years ago. Ended up with a great room.

psfcfa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I booked a couple days after the 12 month mark for a Week 1 1BR OV at WKORVN a couple years ago. Ended up with a great room.
Thanks for the feedback...think I'll just take my chances since it's the dates I really wanted.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback...think I'll just take my chances since it's the dates I really wanted.
That's what I would do, too! Also, did you make a request for a high floor already? I always make the request at the same time that I make my reservation. Happy travels to you! CJ

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Also - put in a request for the building and a high floor using the special request function on the Villa Finder.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
BTW and FYI - as I just posted in Villa Finder thread (in Stickies above)

Villa assignments are made based on the date/time of the reservation booking. Home Resort Owners begin making reservations as early as 12 months prior to arrival date. Reservations made using StarOptions can be made as early as eight months prior to arrival date. Each villa is ranked within its view category (highest floors to lowest). Reservations for an oceanfront view are the closest in proximity to the ocean with varying views based on floor.

and the Special Request section states:

Please note, for Float Owners, the specific view category purchased is guaranteed only for reservations confirmed during the Home Resort Reservation Period, and does not guarantee specific floor, building or villa number assignment. Additionally, reservations made through Vistana Signature Experiences or external exchange companies do not guarantee view category, floor, building, floor plan or villa number assignment, even for Home Resort Owners.

psfcfa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW and FYI - as I just posted in Villa Finder thread (in Stickies above)

Villa assignments are made based on the date/time of the reservation booking. Home Resort Owners begin making reservations as early as 12 months prior to arrival date. Reservations made using StarOptions can be made as early as eight months prior to arrival date. Each villa is ranked within its view category (highest floors to lowest). Reservations for an oceanfront view are the closest in proximity to the ocean with varying views based on floor.

and the Special Request section states:

Please note, for Float Owners, the specific view category purchased is guaranteed only for reservations confirmed during the Home Resort Reservation Period, and does not guarantee specific floor, building or villa number assignment. Additionally, reservations made through Vistana Signature Experiences or external exchange companies do not guarantee view category, floor, building, floor plan or villa number assignment, even for Home Resort Owners.

psfcfa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks so much for all the feedback...I did put in the special request, and it is indeed my home resort so hoping for the best!