• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Calls

Tommybish86

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering what is the lowest amount of Wyndham Points you can buy to still be eligible for the “last calls” feature. That is the most appealing option with the way I travel so if anyone has any info on that it would be much appreciated.

Tom

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen contracts as small as 28000 points MF will be in the range of $150 to $200 plus the minimum program fee The total will be something in the neighborhood of $300-$400

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
could also do a every other year contract which if averaged over the two years could be a little less.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
could also do a every other year contract which if averaged over the two years could be a little less.
The mf would be less but you have to pay rci’s annual fee

The advantage of a weeks ownership is that the week is actually good for something; either to use the week or exchange it

There is very little that the small Wyndham contracts can be used for

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a small grand desert contract on eBay now. Not as small as 28000, but small

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s another strategy. Buy a week somewhere and then join RCI. Then sell the week.

It has been reported here that RCI dosent know when you sell, unless you tell them.

So buy something good that you can easily resell for what you paid for it

You could even work a deal with an owner to transfer an ownership and then transfer it back (after you join RCI, of course)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or just work with a VIP Owner that does not need all of their points and forget RCI.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out tripbeat.com (have to be a member of AAA or AARP) or AFVClub.com (have to be a veteran). These offer mostly the same inventory as RCI Last Calls. No annual membership fee, no timeshare ownership necessary. Just an example: Villas De Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1 week check in March 9, 2018, 1 bedroom, cost is $499 with RCI, with Tripbeat, or with AFVClub. Don't believe me, check out their websites. I have never used Tripbeat, but I do have good friends who use AFVClub.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So it looks like TripBeat is basically WYN's Endless Vacations?

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it looks like TripBeat is basically WYN's Endless Vacations?

Looks like that to me except the prices seem lower on Tripbeat. But they do seem to be cheaper. The website says "Tripbeat Endless Vacation" and it has Wyndham in the URL.

Valencia Mike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on Tripbeats "Premium" Option?

For $119 annual membership looks like you get 5% off "Perferred" and "Short" stays ( not sure how these different) $40 off "Weekly" stays and access to "Last minute" vacations.

Last minute type off stays at a value price is what I'm looking for.

Any insight anyone can give me on the difference of Preferred/Short/Weekly/Last minute and the general value of a premium membership would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

frankf3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wyndham points
Never heard of tripbeat, but just looked at the site. Guess this is where some Extra Holidays inventory goes.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Never heard of tripbeat, but just looked at the site. Guess this is where some Extra Holidays inventory goes.

Basically yes. AFVClub.com, Tripbeat.com, heroesvacationclub.com are just affiliate channels for RCI to dump excess/surplus Weeks that dont get booked via ExtraHolidays. If you watch their regular sale specials, you will see RCI have a sale for Extra Holidays first and then the sale moves to these affiliate channels. Generally the charge is about $50 more than what they charge RCI members.