• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Call Perk

davidgstc

Reaction score
I just got back from a marketing stay at the Elara HGVC in Vegas. During our sales pitch I told the guy I was thinking about buying from the resale market. He mentioned the perks I would not be eligible for including "Last Calls". In case folks are not familiar with that term (I wasn't) -- it's the ability to call or use the online reservation system to book a week at any RCI resort for a huge discount (actually paying for it), traveling within 90 days (example -- 1 week in Puerto Rico for $299 (for the whole week)). You can book these last minute trips for friends or family.

Is anyone familiar with this? Is it true that you can't book these unless you buy retail? Has anyone actually used this perk? I can see us wanting to using this perk (a lot).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was the salesman's lips moving?

Last Call is how RCI dumps inventory ... it is not special and I am sure it is available for a resale person's account.

davidgstc

Reaction score
We were lucky our sales person (Scott) was not rude, not pushy and made the sales experience not horrible. However I'm really curious if anyone, that has purchased resale, has used this? What's the experience like? Does it work like they say?

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were lucky our sales person (Scott) was not rude, not pushy and made the sales experience not horrible. However I'm really curious if anyone, that has purchased resale, has used this? What's the experience like? Does it work like they say?

As a resale owner I can tell you with full confidence that you will have full access to RCI last call.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have ONLY purchased my TSs resale and can say with absolute certainty that ALL members of RCI have access to the cash paid Last Calls and Extra Vacations (similar, but further out).

Your salesman may have been the greatest guy on the planet, but he had a vested interest in not being exactly forthcoming on this. He lied.

Jim

Oh, as to the experience- Don't expect ocean front, first tier TSs in prime season. These are the leftovers from the leftovers. Usually 2nd tier TSs in off-or shoulder season. In overbuilt areas, Las Vegas, Williamsburg, Branson, Orlando there is perennial availability, but you may not get into the best places. The Mexican developers use Last Calls to generate traffic for the sales dept, but attendance is not required, they just make it seem so. RCI also has specials on Last Calls for $188 and up for the 7 night stays. You can get units for friends for another $55(I think) for a guest certificate.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have access to Last Calls as a resale owner, but there has never been anything that I'd be interested in using. If you don't need Hilton quality resorts, you might be able to find something you can use during a low season somewhere.

If you want high quality resorts in RCI last minute on the cheap, you don't want to be a HGVC owner. All other owners get deeply discounted exchanges. HGVC does not get any discounted exchanges at the last minute.

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can attest to that. I am resale buyer and have booked last call using RCI in the past as well open season from HGVC. How do we make sure these sales people do NOT lie.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been to numerous sales presentations where they told lies similar to that. Even if they don't outright say it, they will imply that all sorts of things are ONLY available if you buy direct from them when in reality they have NOTHING to do with them.

When I bought my first timeshare, I had great hopes for using Last Call and Extra Vacations. It wasn't anywhere near as good as I expected. The really cheap ones are low quality resorts. If you find a nice one, it's going to cost WAY more than exchanging in, if you have a good trader.

For instance, one of the first (and only) Extra Vacations I ever bought was a week at a 2BR in Hawaii. It seemed like such a great deal at the time (and it was, compared to a hotel). But I've now exchanged in to probably a dozen different timeshares in Hawaii that were all just as good or better, with my net costs (exchange fee plus the MFs on the unit/TPUs/points I exchanged) being about half as much.

Spend some time reading and learning, then buy something resale. You'll be far happier.