TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Lagunamar Questions

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by HarborsideHappyGirl, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

Are you elite? You didn't say. What I said is you MAY get in early if you are elite. Last time we checked in our room at around 1:30 PM. Very early. They were quite proud of themselves!

2. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

Excellent! We weren't' that early, but the elite check-in DOES pull some weight when they can. Like I said before, there might not be rooms available when you want them, but if you are elite and a room is ready - you will get it - as you just said. That has been our luck as well.

3. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

PS - let me say that the room they have ready may not be what you want. Feel free to turn it down and request an alternative if you can wait it out.

4. richontug

richontug TUG Member

Do you have to be at the beach by a certain time to get a good palapa?
    Our first visit in a month!

5. Bierhund

Bierhund Guest

Resorts Owned:
    WLR (x2), SVV
    A few years ago, when Lagunamar replaced the umbrellas at the pools, they moved the old ones down to the beach. In the picture below, the palapas are on the far right, the umbrellas are in the center. There are only eight palapas in each phase, but there are plenty of umbrellas. There is no charge for the umbrellas or palapas, but first come, first served. Most people spend their time at the pool, not on the beach, so it's not too difficult to get a good spot.

Attached Files:

6. canesfan

canesfan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORVN
    WKORV
    WSJ-BV
    WLR
    Yes, 4*. But our room is never ready before 3pm at best. We own Oceanside though, maybe that plays into it. Elite desk didn’t have a line and checkin was quick. They told us our room numbers, just wasn’t available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Saaz124

Saaz124 TUG Member

Thanks for the info. We have a travel beach umbrella that we usually bring to any beach locations. We are wondering if leaving the umbrella up while going swimming will be safe.

8. canesfan

canesfan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORVN
    WKORV
    WSJ-BV
    WLR
    Definitely. But the waves there can be quite rough. Depending on what it's like at your visit, you may be able to get out at the break to a calmer part but don't expect to be swimming out there much. The water is beautiful and clear, the sand is gorgeous. The waves are just rough, usually red or yellow flags in front of the resort. I've been there in February and November. I'm not sure what January is like. But from what I've read /heard, it appears to be like that most of the time.

9. cubigbird

cubigbird Tug Review Crew Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay
    We were just there the last week of December and it was yellow and red flagged. Waves were about 7-8 feet and it was rough. The lifeguards were off their chairs watching people and whistling.

10. blondietink

blondietink Guest

We have been April/May and also in September/October. Calmer for the most part in the April/May months but still swim-able in September/October. Only been a few days on our multiple visits when we have seen it red flagged.

11. jlp879

jlp879 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Where did you find such an umbrella? I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

12. Saaz124

Saaz124 TUG Member

It's called a TelaBrella. We have used it several times and love it. Very sturdy. I believe it weighs around 6 lbs and fits in 1/4 of a standard check in bag.

We are wondering if leaving it up while we go in the water will be OK. I have never had anyone take anything yet here in the US but I'm not sure how secure the beach here is. We usually bring the umbrella, phone, bluetooth speaker, cooler etc.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM
  13. Shirtman

Shirtman TUG Member

14. Tucsonadventurer

Tucsonadventurer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House
    I would treat it same as in the US. We felt very safe on the beach there but used the same precautions as in the US. My husband had his wallet stolen on a Hawaii trip, in our younger days even though he buried it under his beach stuff in Maui when we went to take a swim.

15. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    We just spent a week here for the first time, leaving tonight, and really enjoyed it. The resort is beautiful and the weather was very good this week.

We ate dinner at Duna twice and enjoyed the whole grain vegetarian pizza. Today we ate lunch at Viento, which is an outdoor venue by the pool. Both of us had hamburgers and steak fries and they were good as well.

We participated in a tour of Coba, Talum and Xel-Ha. Left at 7:20am and got back to the resort just before 8pm. We got the tour through our concierge and received a 45% discount plus 6,500 SPG points for going through an owners update (sales presentation.) The tour was outstanding and we highly recommend it.

Best regards.

Mike

Tucsonadventurer likes this.
  16. HarborsideHappyGirl

HarborsideHappyGirl Guest

Hi all and thanks for the various answers and intel above!!

If you are just looking for some grocery basics, is Soriana OK or should we go down to Selecto? We'd be looking for pastires, fruit, eggs, bread, sandwich meats, etc.

Thanks!

17. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Soriana is fine. They will also deliver for a small fee, which we found to be very handy.

18. blondietink

blondietink Guest

We have used Soriana with no problems. We go to Selecto sometimes also, but 2 visits have used only Soriana.

19. byeloe

byeloe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Lagunamar
    Sheraton Vistana Villages
    Are the loungers on the beach also padded?