• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagoon Tower 2br and 1br+ room advice

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, we will arrive next month 2 weeks, first week is one BR plus and second week is 2 BR (7000 points). Last time we stayed at room 1472 2br and we like. But this time, we wonder if we can have room where we can see fireworks, sunrise or sunset from balcony? Thank you

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Hello, we will arrive next month 2 weeks, first week is one BR plus and second week is 2 BR (7000 points). Last time we stayed at room 1472 2br and we like. But this time, we wonder if we can have room where we can see fireworks, sunrise or sunset from balcony? Thank you
Sunset and fireworks would be ocean view classification. 2br 7000pts is a standard view oo island view so would not think so. Maybe sunrise view is possible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sunset and fireworks would be ocean view classification. 2br 7000pts is a standard view oo island view so would not think so. Maybe sunrise view is possible.

Thank you for your quick reply, do you have room number for 2br sunrise view? How about one bedroom plus?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thank you for your quick reply, do you have room number for 2br sunrise view? How about one bedroom plus?
Sorry dont have room numbers but 1br plus should be sunrise or sunset view. Just depends if you get a high enough floor. There is two 1br plus on diamond head side and one 1br plus on ewa side. I would ask for high floor if possible.

I will be at grand islander till August 11 if you want to meet up at hhv. If you have a vehicle, it will be cheaper to pay the $190 a month for parking at the hale koa garage than paying hilton $43 a day for parking.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fireworks and sunrise are to the East (Diamond Head) side, sunset is to the West (Marina/Ilikai) side. Also, Oceanview (Plus) and Gardenview (Normal) have more to do with which floor you are on than which side of the building you are on.

You won't see sunrise except on the very top floors and I don't think you can see direct sunset from any balcony except Oceanfront (Premier) and maybe the tiny 1BR XX68 units. Though you should see nice colorful skies over the Marina from most of the units on that side of the building.

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry dont have room numbers but 1br plus should be sunrise or sunset view. Just depends if you get a high enough floor. There is two 1br plus on diamond head side and one 1br plus on ewa side. I would ask for high floor if possible.

I will be at grand islander till August 11 if you want to meet up at hhv. If you have a vehicle, it will be cheaper to pay the $190 a month for parking at the hale koa garage than paying hilton $43 a day for parking.

Thank you Frank808, we will arrive about one week after you leave. We have a car and plan to purchase one month parking at Hale Koa garage. Hope they are not full.

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fireworks and sunrise are to the East (Diamond Head) side, sunset is to the West (Marina/Ilikai) side. Also, Oceanview (Plus) and Gardenview (Normal) have more to do with which floor you are on than which side of the building you are on.

You won't see sunrise except on the very top floors and I don't think you can see direct sunset from any balcony except Oceanfront (Premier) and maybe the tiny 1BR XX68 units. Though you should see nice colorful skies over the Marina from most of the units on that side of the building.
Thank you Jimii, you are right, when we stayed in room 1472, we could see nice colorful skies over Marina site.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Jimii, you are right, when we stayed in room 1472, we could see nice colorful skies over Marina site.
I don't know how many people you will have with you, but the XX68 1BR rooms might be an option for you. Some people hate them because they are the smallest 1BRs (an emergency staircase is cut into them). Others love them because they have (arguably) the best 1BR views in the Lagoon Tower. Since you will be in a Plus you would be on floors 9-23.

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many people you will have with you, but the XX68 1BR rooms might be an option for you. Some people hate them because they are the smallest 1BRs (an emergency staircase is cut into them). Others love them because they have (arguably) the best 1BR views in the Lagoon Tower. Since you will be in a Plus you would be on floors 9-23.
Thank you, we have 4, my husband and I and 2 teens.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
You could check google map. From Lagoon Tower, Rainbow Tower gets in the way.
My understanding is that even OF room is not perfect to see fireworks.
The following thread would give you some extra information about the DH side rooms.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/lagoon-tower-ocean-front.226980/
Lagoon Tower is not squarely facing the east, rather south-east. So to see the sunrise,
the beach is a better place. If you have not done DH, the sunrise from the top is gorgeous.

For 7,000pt GV 2BR, you should ask a higher floor. The album shows view from #1072.
https://goo.gl/photos/ECfGx3pPvwEmM7Ne7 Category-wise, it's GV but is actually OV.
If you are assigned to a lower floor, you will face the parking. February this year,
I had a reservation of this GV unit for my son. He made the request and did not take
the room immediately available at check-in. My advice worked well for him.

Hope you will enjoy your stay.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From Lagoon Tower, Rainbow Tower gets in the way.
My understanding is that even OF room is not perfect to see fireworks.
I am happy to report that our Lagoon Tower OF room provided an unobscured view of the fireworks last night. My memory is that our OV fireworks view from XX65 wasn't bad...but I don't have pics from that visit.

Attachments

• hhv fireworks.JPG
    hhv fireworks.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I second the assessment of @ljmiii. We have sat on the lanai and avoided the crowds - wonderful view.

BTW...The fireworks last only about 5 - 10 minutes so don't be late. A little short but about enough for me to get a few oohs and ahs. When we went to our town's July 4 fireworks that lasted 45 minutes, it felt 30 minutes too long.