• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KoOlina studio.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are Vistana and Hyatt owners but are going in a week to KoOlina with an interval exchange. Does anyone know how large the studios are and the size of the refrigerator, dorm size or larger. I know we will most likely end up with a parking lot view but am hoping we do not get a tiny dorm fridge. Thanks for any info.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I know we will most likely end up with a parking lot view but am hoping we do not get a tiny dorm fridge. Thanks for any info.

You will get a mini fridge or as you called it "a tiny dorm fridge." They seem to be fine for us because we only will eat a light breakfast in the room.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP: If you're still within the five days of confirmation, go ahead and add Eplus. Then if you see a larger unit, you can grab that.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I think the Studios at Ko Olina are a little smaller than other Marriott studios. I don’t have data to support it, but we’ve only stayed once in a studio and it was definitely cozy. But it’s better than not being there at all!!

I think the ePlus advice is good and maybe you will see a larger unit become available? Enjoy Ko Olina!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We are Vistana and Hyatt owners but are going in a week to KoOlina with an interval exchange. Does anyone know how large the studios are and the size of the refrigerator, dorm size or larger. I know we will most likely end up with a parking lot view but am hoping we do not get a tiny dorm fridge. Thanks for any info.
Studios are a little under 400 sq ft. I think about 375 sq ft. There is a dorm size refrigerator and microwave in room. I wouldn't use it for storing frozen items but refrigerated goods are fine.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
From the welcome email I received:

Your Guest room is approximately 360 sq. feet and includes the following amenities:

• King size bed
• Full-size Sofa Sleeper
• Wetbar (Mini-refrigerator/Microwave/Coffee Maker)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Had 1 day gap still for my Feb reservations in Maui. Decided to bit the bullet and grab a 1 day oceanfront efficiency for now in Maui Lahaina/Napili towers for now to at least close the gap. I'll look for a larger 1br in the coming weeks.

Can anyone comment on size of the OF MOC Lahaina/Napili efficiency? I assume king bed, pull out sofa, kitchenette/wetbar?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Had 1 day gap still for my Feb reservations in Maui. Decided to bit the bullet and grab a 1 day oceanfront efficiency for now in Maui Lahaina/Napili towers for now to at least close the gap. I'll look for a larger 1br in the coming weeks.

Can anyone comment on size of the OF MOC Lahaina/Napili efficiency? I assume king bed, pull out sofa, kitchenette/wetbar?
400 SQFT
Room Overview
Oceanfront Guest Room
Beds and Bedding
Maximum Occupancy: 4
1 King
Sofa bed

Kitchen features
Mini-refrigerator
Microwave
Dish cleaning supplies
Silverware
Dishes and glasses

More room details at this link: Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, sounds cozy but we won't be in the room much anyways,. Guess we will need to hang by the beach. Too bad we can't make much use of Cosco with the mini fridge. We made reservations awhile back so are out of luck with eplus

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I think the Studios at Ko Olina are a little smaller than other Marriott studios. I don’t have data to support it, but we’ve only stayed once in a studio and it was definitely cozy.
My experience exactly.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty standard Marriott studio kitchenette. We made it work by using the barbecue to cook dinner when we wanted to eat in. You'd be amazed what you can cook in a foil packet.

We turned the lanai into the dining area for easy breakfasts, the pools and grill areas have picnic tables for larger, family-style dining.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 12.06.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 12.06.29 AM.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 69

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the OP staying in Maui. We always pick up a cooler at Kmart or Walmart in Lahaina, and use it as extra fridge space and for room moves. While the 1br units have a larger fridge (in the old towers), the lock off rooms do not. Ice machines on every floor. When it comes time for a room move, put all your stuff in the cooler, and you're set to go.non You can save stuff at Aloha Trunk from year to year, but the price may be higher than replacement. ($100 per year or so).

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For the OP staying in Maui. We always pick up a cooler at Kmart or Walmart in Lahaina, and use it as extra fridge space and for room moves. While the 1br units have a larger fridge (in the old towers), the lock off rooms do not. Ice machines on every floor. When it comes time for a room move, put all your stuff in the cooler, and you're set to go.non You can save stuff at Aloha Trunk from year to year, but the price may be higher than replacement. ($100 per year or so).
Great idea! Thank you. We have a fold up cooler from Costco we can throw in our suitcase.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think 400 square feet for that studio actually includes the square footage for the lanai. It's a VERY cozy studio. And if it's the OF studio portion of the 3 bedroom in the Lahaina tower, it actually faces the pool. Not a bad view but not actually "oceanfront."

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also try passing onto the next Tugger arriving at KoOlina, another guest who maybe interested in a cooler, or simply ask the front desk who maybe interested in one. I have left stuff at the front desk (unsure if this were at KoOlina or another resort) for ppl I knew who were arriving a couple of weeks after I checked out.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I think 400 square feet for that studio actually includes the square footage for the lanai. It's a VERY cozy studio. And if it's the OF studio portion of the 3 bedroom in the Lahaina tower, it actually faces the pool. Not a bad view but not actually "oceanfront."

Yikes. Thanks. That was my concern. It will be cozy for 2 adults/2 kids, but it is our last day. So, perhaps okay. I'll keep searching for something larger.

For a DC Pts reservation, is there a way to tell whether I have the OF studio portion of a 2BR or 3BR?

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Great idea! Thank you. We have a fold up cooler from Costco we can throw in our suitcase.

Great idea. We also have a Costco fold up cooler and will plan to bring. It would fit into a suitcase easily. I'm certain it can come in handy as we switch resorts and switch rooms.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Yikes. Thanks. That was my concern. It will be cozy for 2 adults/2 kids, but it is our last day. So, perhaps okay. I'll keep searching for something larger.

For a DC Pts reservation, is there a way to tell whether I have the OF studio portion of a 2BR or 3BR?
If it's only for one day -- basically for sleeping and to clean up, I think you will be fine. But I really wouldn't want a vacation for four in a Studio. When you book the DC Pts reservation, it will give you a code that will help you to figure out if it is a normal Studio or the lock-off a 3BR.

Best,

Greg

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
If it's only for one day -- basically for sleeping and to clean up, I think you will be fine. But I really wouldn't want a vacation for four in a Studio. When you book the DC Pts reservation, it will give you a code that will help you to figure out if it is a normal Studio or the lock-off a 3BR.

Best,

Greg

Thanks Greg. Found it. OFOG, which means studio portion of a 2BR OF villa. Newer to using DC Pts, so I didn't realize Marriott sent the unit code in the email...just like II exchanges provide the unit code in your exchange history. Nice to know!

And yes, only 1 day....the last day. In reality, the last day is pretty short....just to sleep the night before and clean up. So, a studio is acceptable. I grabbed it to ensure I at least have lodging the last day of my stay. I got tired of waiting on my waitlist. We've got a 2BR and 1BR reserved for the rest of our stay in the islands. I will keep looking daily to see if the same unit and view size become available, thus allowing me save the chore of moving villas for the last day only.

Aloha!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We also got an email asking for our marriott rewards #. Not sure why they want that as it is a II exchange. I'm assuming our status will have no bearing on our room (view) assignment?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
BTW: the code for Maui Ocean Club (old side) is MMO. The code for the Lahaina/Napili villa towers (new towers) is MM1.

Some items charged at resort are eligible for rewards points....or so they say. I don't think we always get the points and forget to challenge them.

They also sell nice 'freezer shopping bags' at the Walmart/Safeway/Costco locations (YMMV) that work as cold storage in a pinch.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our code for our Ko'Olina reservation is OVTG. I'm hoping OV stands for ocean view?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Our code for our Ko'Olina reservation is OVTG. I'm hoping OV stands for ocean view?
OVTG....Ko'Olina Beach Club.........Ocean View.........Studio portion of 2BR unit.