• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Knee Replacement Surgery next week--protocol has changed!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Today I saw my orthopedic surgeon for my pre-op appointment. When I had my left knee replaced two years ago I was in the hospital three nights, a nurse and a physical therapist came to our home for a couple of weeks, I think, and then I started out-patient physical therapy three times a week for six weeks.

The protocol has changed. I may be in the hospital only one or two nights and I start outpatient physical therapy three days after surgery three times a week for four weeks. I know there will be physical therapy while I'm the hospital, probably twice a day as before, and I know they'll have me up and walking as soon as I get out of recovery after the surgery.

In looking back at my diary it was 16 days after surgery that I started outpatient physical therapy. It will be interesting to see how this works out. I'll still have the staples in my leg when I start the therapy as they won't come out until about 15 days after surgery.

My doctor says his patients are having better results with this accelerated physical therapy so I'll see how it goes. I trust my surgeon and I'm praying for a great outcome!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too, Karen! Speedy recovery and get back on your feet soon. You might check with @DaveNW as he just had his second knee done within the last month. It gave hime more time to post on TUG before he went back t work. I hope no worse outcome for you!

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Me too, Karen! Speedy recovery and get back on your feet soon. You might check with @DaveNW as he just had his second knee done within the last month. It gave hime more time to post on TUG before he went back t work. I hope no worse outcome for you!

Jim

And I can attest I am among the mobile and walking post-op knee folks. :)

Karen, I think you'll do fine. They had me walking on my new knee on the same day I had surgery. I was walking laps by the day after. I was pretty surprised.

Dave

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow dave!
They had me up and trying to walk in recovery room, then early in the morning tried to have me walk down a long hallway, then sent me home. Pt came on the third day, three weeks, then outpatient therapy.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I spent one night at the hospital. Walked down the hall the afternoon of surgery, after anesthetic had worn off. Then laps around the department next morning. Discharged about noon. PT started the following week, twice a week, still ongoing. I'm six weeks post-op as of today.

Dave

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
With hips and knees they think that the sooner you get up and moving, the less chance you'll get clots and scar tissue. With both my knees they did PT and OT each day while I was in the hospital, and started PT the day after I went home. Knees are doing great now. Hope you have a speedy recovery.