• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KLM Plane would have passengers sit in the wings

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not yet, but interesting concept ...

Link

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boy, I've gotta get my eyes checked! When I saw this thread, I read it as 'KLM plane would have passengers sit ON the wings' Instantly, my mind visualized lawn chairs on the wings at 500 MPH and said, NOT ME! and thinking 'They've gone too far now' after experiencing the mini restrooms on SW to/from Hawaii last week. Oh boy- the actual design looks more better.

Jim

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Boy, I've gotta get my eyes checked! When I saw this thread, I read it as 'KLM plane would have passengers sit ON the wings' Instantly, my mind visualized lawn chairs on the wings at 500 MPH and said, NOT ME! and thinking 'They've gone too far now' after experiencing the mini restrooms on SW to/from Hawaii last week. Oh boy- the actual design looks more better.

Jim
Mini restrooms? I would think almost any restroom on a plane would be considered "mini" (especially for 6'2" guys like me) so how much smaller were these??

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mini restrooms? I would think almost any restroom on a plane would be considered "mini" (especially for 6'2" guys like me) so how much smaller were these??
Well, they're tall enough to accommodate, but These new 737-800s WCs are certainly (imo) too tight for a parent to assist a child, or a disabled person. A passenger 'of size' would have a tough time- and with Hawaii being a 5+ hour ride, darn near everyone will be using the facilities.

Jim

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Hmmm. Wobbly Goblin comes to mind.

Yeah, I've read that the moniker was largely undeserved ... but is sure stuck in my mind watching F-117s land at Alamogordo.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be fair, many / most US airlines are going with these smaller restrooms on their newer planes.
Well, 'TO BE FAIR', I didn't fly 'many/most US Airlines'. I only experienced a new (put in service in April) Southwest B-737-800. And it had smaller powder rooms than the older 737-700 model we flew in next.

P.S. The new plane had thinner seats, too. I didn't count 'em, but suspect there was an extra row of seats in the new plane. My butt was ready for a good walk after we got on the ground. Fortunately, Oakland accommodated by shutting off the moving walkways. :shrug:

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Well, 'TO BE FAIR', I didn't fly 'many/most US Airlines'. I only experienced a new (put in service in April) Southwest B-737-800. And it had smaller powder rooms than the older 737-700 model we flew in next.
Sorry I ruffled your feathers...

Kurt

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I ruffled your feathers...
No problem. Feathers not ruffled. Yes, I'd read about carriers minimizing passenger space to maximize profits. So far, thank goodness, nobody has had the nerve to install those 'standing saddle-like bolsters' (yet).

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
No problem. Feathers not ruffled. Yes, I'd read about carriers minimizing passenger space to maximize profits. So far, thank goodness, nobody has had the nerve to install those 'standing saddle-like bolsters' (yet).
I might like those ... I often prefer standing to sitting and have many hours in saddles (riding both horse and bicycle). It might be OK provided I can reach "my stuff" and keep myself entertained.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boy, I've gotta get my eyes checked! When I saw this thread, I read it as 'KLM plane would have passengers sit ON the wings'
Jim

Heh, brings to mind "The Great Airplane Strike" by Paul Revere and the Raiders.

"Sorry, but that wing space has just been sold."

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I saw a blurb on the Internet yesterday about a passenger who mistook the emergency exit door for the restroom door.