TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Kierland Platinum Plus 2 bedroom

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by r1lee, Jan 8, 2018.

1. r1lee

r1lee Guest

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV
    Sorry if I broke any rules. I usually don't even bother when I see deals on SVV since they are so abundant, but wkv at this price, I've seen so many say they would buy. The last time I posted one since an agent contacted me (when I was searching for my wkv) on the same unit at 12750. I sent a tugger that way but they were late. I thought it would just be a nice gesture, didn't mean to anything otherwise. Next time I won't post anything.

2. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

This wasn't against the rules, and was nice. It is a good deal, and someone might buy it after seeing your post, as Tuggers are often looking for this. Don't feel bad or stop posting.

3. lizap

lizap TUG Member

I've seen several sold at the same price on this particular website. I'm highly skeptical that there are alot of WKV PP units selling at this price, and expecially the same price. The broker I spoke with is one of the top listing/selling agents for WKV and he said they are selling well at 17k. So, if you CAN get at that price, a great deal. Not so great for the seller.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  4. Tucsonadventurer

Tucsonadventurer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House
    When we bought ours we lost out on a few as we didn't want to pay more than 15 and the sellers would not go down. When an agent called and had someone willing to see at 14,500 we grabbed it.

5. r1lee

r1lee Guest

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV
    A few users had contacted me and one of them bought, glad I was able to help out. Feel real good about it.

6. Tucsonadventurer

Tucsonadventurer TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House

VacationForever likes this.
  7. lorenmd

lorenmd TUG Member

wow, i am late. i was going to contact you to buy it but it's gone. next time . thanks for posting

8. kimlinh01

kimlinh01 TUG Member

I'm the guilty person that bought yesterday thanks to @r1lee !! This was legit and highly appreciated. Thanks again!

9. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    Congrats! I sniffed around it but just finished a home remodel so my wallet has dust and moths in it right now.

r1lee likes this.
  10. bryanphunter

bryanphunter TUG Member

I was able to find an annual Westin Kierland 2br Platinum unit listed for $10,000 in December. I had been following prices on EBay, Redweek, Syed's Advantage vacation website, Sellmytimesharenow.com, and Timeshare King every couple of days for any new listings. All the listings ran closer to the $15,000 to $20,000 range, so I was surprised to see a $10,000 listing pop up. I am signing the closing paperwork today and will end up spending $10,599 on the unit plus closing costs. So you can find good deals if your patient or maybe lucky. I think November and December are great times to make offers as MF's are coming due. I just got fortunate that I logged in and the listing had just gone up and I jumped on it. I would like a second WKV unit and will probably do the same thing next fall.

Tucsonadventurer and Cornell like this.
  11. Cornell

Cornell TUG Member

Nice! I have found Sell My Timeshare Now to be very useful. The guy I work with there knows exactly what I'm looking for and calls me when stuff pops up.

12. r1lee

r1lee Guest

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV

Damn that’s amazing. Sellmytimesharenow.com is one of the most expensive sites I have ever visited, so it’s pretty amazing you find something there.

13. bryanphunter

bryanphunter TUG Member

I know! I almost wasn't going to post this because I didn't want to jinx the process. But I have signed the closing paperwork and sent my money off, so hopefully, this will transfer without a hitch. Sellmytimesharenow.com has the largest inventory of WKV. Many of the ads are unrealistically priced just like the occasional eBay ad. The sellmytimesharenow listings say make an offer, so it can't hurt to ask for the price your willing to pay.

kevinj likes this.