• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Key West (2008)

Timesharemogul

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The studios at the Galleon are okay but the hotel units are very tiny and dark, no window as I recall.

LMAO. There are no "hotel units". There are studios, which are the lockoff porion from one of a dozen and a half units known as 2-br lockoff units. The only window in a lockoff studio portion is to the hallway. As most people are not inclined to open up the one window's shutters to the hallway to maintain privacy, it will be dark. As studios go, it is a little larger than a "hotel room" as it does have a mini-fridge and microwave and small table/chairs.
Brian
Owner of 3 Galleon weeks

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Keys are Great...what do you like to do?

The Keys are great, it just depends on what you like to do...I go to KW and the Florida Keys several times a year. I have friends and clients who live in KW so it is at least an annual trip.

KW is known as a laid back, party central kind of place. You will likely experience a wide variety of people. It is a very open kind of place...one world attitude. It is among the gay friendliest places on Earth and prides itself on this acceptance of diversity. Duval Street is the heart of the action.
In KW itself night life is abundant and goes on until the early morning hours.

For those, more like myself, daytime also affords great enjoyable opportunities from snorkleing or scuba diving, to sailing, to laying out on the beach, to the Butterfly Farm. It also has good shopping, best in the Keys.

If you choose to stay in the lower keys, lots to do there as well, just not as much night life. There are a string of State Parks along the way. Some offer only a small beach, but some like the one in Key Largo offer boat trips as well. It was at the Largo Park that I first snorkeled and became hooked on the keys. Theater of the Sea is also an interesting stop and one of only a couple of places in the United States where you can actually swim with the Dolphins.

I have taken the Boat from Ft. Myers to Key West and this too is a great alternative to driving or flying. Flying is easiest, but most expensive. It also eliminates one of the adventures to the keys....getting there. The Boat service is a neat, less stressful way to get there.

The Drive out though, should be done by every visitor at least once. I happened to be on the 7 mile bridge one of my first trips out at sunset...among the most beautiful sights I have ever seen anywhere at anytime.

Have a great trip!!!:wave:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Galleon, WYndham CWA 554,000,
Some of the units are timeshare units and some are hotel units owned by Ocean Key. I even went so far as to contact the responsible person at the home office (in Seattle maybe?) in 2004 and asked if they would contact me if and when a unit became available. He was fairly new and didn't know if they had a waiting list but promised to add my name if they did or keep my name and contact me if and when one became available.

I had heard that they were buying the timeshare units as they came available and were converting back to hotel units. It sounds as if they have a ROFR but I don't know that for a fact. I do know I have looked diligently since about 2000 and have not found a single unit for sale or rent.
Hi, sorry to bother you about such an old post but I cant get the developer to give me a straight forward answer. I am thinking of selling my unit there at The Galleon but they wont give me much info on "their" process more speciffically if the exercise ROFR's so I read your post and wanted to know if you had any insight as to their process of ROFRing? I bought a HGVC contract on eBay and it got ROFR'd so i'm a little gun shy and dont want to have to deal with not providing someone with something they purchase and trying to explain to someone that I'm refunding them due to the process. I dont want someone to think I'm using them for a temporary loan or that I took their money (even if you disclose the ROFR process it seems as people are always on the look out for the bad, which I understand). Long story short, again just wondering if they exercised the ROFR their? Thanks in advance for your time.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Timesharemogul

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to bother you about such an old post but I cant get the developer to give me a straight forward answer. I am thinking of selling my unit there at The Galleon but they wont give me much info on "their" process more speciffically if the exercise ROFR's so I read your post and wanted to know if you had any insight as to their process of ROFRing? I bought a HGVC contract on eBay and it got ROFR'd so i'm a little gun shy and dont want to have to deal with not providing someone with something they purchase and trying to explain to someone that I'm refunding them due to the process. I dont want someone to think I'm using them for a temporary loan or that I took their money (even if you disclose the ROFR process it seems as people are always on the look out for the bad, which I understand). Long story short, again just wondering if they exercised the ROFR their? Thanks in advance for your time.

There is no ROFR in the Galleon condo docs which would control a develop's ability to exercise a ROFR. As this does not exist, it's understandable that no one can give you any info on it there because they've never had this concept in effect. Now, IF you were to place your unit up for sale through the Galleon sales department, and your asking price is rather low because you didn't ask a broker for advice on a selling price first, it's very possible that the developer might just buy it from you without even letting the unit get to the open market. I sold one unit thru the Galleon and sought their advice first and was glad I did. The selling price went around 33% higher than my best guess and there was a broker who had a full price cash offer the very first day they received my listing.
In summary, ROFR means nothing at the Galleon. And, Know what your unit is worth by talking to a broker before you execute a listing.....they may already have a buyer waiting! Good luck. Brian

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is no ROFR in the Galleon condo docs which would control a develop's ability to exercise a ROFR. As this does not exist, it's understandable that no one can give you any info on it there because they've never had this concept in effect. Now, IF you were to place your unit up for sale through the Galleon sales department, and your asking price is rather low because you didn't ask a broker for advice on a selling price first, it's very possible that the developer might just buy it from you without even letting the unit get to the open market. I sold one unit thru the Galleon and sought their advice first and was glad I did. The selling price went around 33% higher than my best guess and there was a broker who had a full price cash offer the very first day they received my listing.
In summary, ROFR means nothing at the Galleon. And, Know what your unit is worth by talking to a broker before you execute a listing.....they may already have a buyer waiting! Good luck. Brian
By chance do you still have the said brokers name and contact info

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for Key West followers: What is the name of the National Park Fort from the 1850's that is built out of bricks, was never completed, and is only accessible by water from Key West ?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Fort Jefferson

(but that was a long question to put in the Google search box)

:D

Not that it probably matters now, but when we stayed at The Galleon, a place on our bucket list, we had one of those lockoffs on the Byte side. We had the bigger half and were curious what the other side looked like. Ours had just been redone, and was very nice.

One day we happened to arrive at our unit at the same time the people in that unit arrived at theirs, so I asked, "Can we see inside your unit?"

"No."

Well alrighty, then.

:confused:
- - - - - -
A tall-boat sailing race was scheduled at the end of our week, and it was fun watching all the power boats leave the slips and the sailboats come in.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes Fort Jefferson and Nevada Barr set a National Parks mystery there too. Always wanted to go

jimkin

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

My post was about ocean keys resort, not the galleon. The galleon does not have a rofr so you don’t have to worry about that. What unit and week are you selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk