• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KBV Split A/C units

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I see from the latest newsletter that we installing split A/C units in 105 units at KBV. Anyone know if that is one split unit per KBV unit? The blurb in the newsletter mentions that each bedroom + the living area will have A/C, but is not clear if that means each room (ie. 3 splits) or just the living area (ie. 1 split).

And is the entire resort moving to split's or just the timeshare units?

Also - I know there was a previous mention that they were building a video tour of the model unit - anyone know how to access that?

TIA

New Air Conditioning Coming Soon

At the May Board of Directors meeting the Board approved management to install Split Unit Air Conditioning in all 105 Units at KBV. We are very excited to get this reserve project started and plan to have completed by the end of 2019. Each bedroom plus the living room will have Air Conditioning that will provide comfort, efficiency and energy savings. The type of AC that we will be installing has already been installed in our renovated model unit and the next time you are on property, please come and see me and I would be happy to give you a tour.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
To me, the wording seems clear that each bedroom and each living room will get a unit.

My understanding is that the full-time homeowners are responsible for the interior of their units.

As stated above, to see the model unit, you need to go to the front desk and ask to see it.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
. . .
And is the entire resort moving to split's or just the timeshare units?
Also - I know there was a previous mention that they were building a video tour of the model unit - anyone know how to access that?
. . .
Aloha,
Denise has correctly answered the A/C question. It is my understanding that an AOAO standard was to be finalized prior to the timeshare installations defining the approved installation configuration so that individual owners would be free to also have split A/C installed in a visually and structurally consistent manner.
The online video of the model unit was stopped. I prefer to not get into a discussion about why other than to state that the model unit does not necessarily represent an approved final configuration. To clarify my preference, I will not answer further questions about it for the foreseeable future.
Jack

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
To me, the wording seems clear that each bedroom and each living room will get a unit.

My understanding is that the full-time homeowners are responsible for the interior of their units.

As stated above, to see the model unit, you need to go to the front desk and ask to see it.

I read it the same way. By my count, there are 18 units each in buildings A, B, C, E, and F. 24 each in buildings D and G. And 12 in building H. That adds up to 150 in total. Take out those privately owned units, and 105 timeshare units sounds right.

Dave

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Thanks for the insight, Jack. It is always good to get first hand information.

Last edited:

ValChatelle44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas, Val Chatelle III,Pines at MeadowRidge
A split AC unit is one where the compressor is SPLIT from the fan units (meaning more than one) and is not like central air in a typical residence were one compressor serves one fan which cools multiple rooms in the residence to the same temperature. Typically used in Condos or housing without central heat or air, the SPLIT unit's one compressor sends cold air to multiple fan units each of which is typically individually controlled as to being on or off and to different desired temperatures. So one unit's compressor would serve the fan unit in each of the bedrooms and living room in a KBV condo. In situations where the utilities are included in dues (maintenance fees) it would be possible to be economic and have one compressor serve two small condos and save money on the installation. I have not heard if our planners were that cleaver.
Mahalo for the good question.
Larry (not the Warner) GEIGER