• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Beach Villas - letter from Board Member

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - that is the letter I posted just above your post.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas, Samoset Resort (in ME), The Harborside Inn (Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, MA)
We have owned at KBV for almost 15 years and we've never bothered to vote. I am not clear on the "proxy" part of the card I received. Do I simply select one of the candidates on the ballot to be a proxy? I am trying to vote online and it won't let me proceed without checking one of the boxes. I called the Grand Pacific Vacation Services but they didn't know the answer.

Hi - I am THE Jeff Bellin, Dan. Yes, you got my letter and thank you for responding. So for anyone who is curious, let me put out a few things which I hope will be helpful.

I had to get some clarification on voting procedures. I didn't have it quite right the first time around. Mes apologies. Unless you are planning to be there an vote on June 1st, you need to send in that Proxy ballot. Regardless of whether you personally select the candidates to vote for with your voting power or have a Proxyholder vote for you, you need to assign a Proxyholder.

By selecting candidates personally, the Proxyholder will merely assign and cast your votes as you selected at the June 1st meeting. If you leave the candidates area blank, the Proxyholder will select the candidates with your voting power. Your voting power consists of either 3 votes for every annual week unit, or 1.5 votes for every semi-annual (every other week) unit. As I am flying from Salem, MA, to the resort that week to make sure everything is on the up and up, I will be there to cast votes, not only for myself, but for anyone who wants me to be their Proxyholder. Regardless of whether you select your own candidates or want the Proxyholder to do it for you, you need to select a Proxyholder. Check the 4th box with the blank space, put in my name, Jeff Bellin, and I'll cast your votes for the candidates you indicated on the Proxy ballot, or if you have left that blank, I'll use your voting power to help maintain the interests of actual, individual owners.

If you need to get a new ballot, or didn't get one to begin with, call Grand Pacific Vacation Services (they close at 6pm PDT). Particularly if you didn't get your ballot to begin with, it may mean that they don't have your updated contact information. In any event, you need to make sure you have your account information, which is on your original ballot. You can get that info from GPVS. Their number, by the way, is 888-477-6967.

I have uploaded a blank ballot package here, but it won't have your personal account info on it (naturally). But you can get your info from GPVS and put it onto the form in the appropriate place (upper left side).

Aloha!

Jeff Bellin

Attachments

• KBV_2017ProxyMailing.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 515