TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Kapalua Plantation Golf Course

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by SkyBlueWaters, May 21, 2018.

1. SkyBlueWaters

SkyBlueWaters Guest

Anyone know of good discounts? $329 is ouch!

2. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin KORVN OF
    Sheraton FLEX
  3. jpc763

jpc763 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
    You can look at those discount sites for last minute tee times and/or play twilight. Still over $200 but I saw $249 for a time today at 1:30. Also the Bay Course is a great course too and is much less expensive.

4. SkyBlueWaters

SkyBlueWaters Guest

I had my heart set on Plantation. Guess I’ll
    just have to pass. I was hoping tuggers had some secret discounts. I’m usually good at getting good rates even if it means I play a family course rate with the junior teeing forward (but not actually by paying just a little more). Looks like Plantation is tight on its fees.

5. SkyBlueWaters

SkyBlueWaters Guest

6. jpc763

jpc763 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
    The Kaanapali courses are good courses but not the caliber of Kapalua, Wailea or Makena. There are two courses and they were designed by Robert Trent Jones. Good layouts but often not particularly well maintained. Kapalua on the other hand is quite well maintained. Those are the highest priced coursed in Maui. There are a lot of others that offer great golf at reasonable (vacation reasonable) prices. While I have never played it, I have friends that play the Dunes at Maui Lani every time they stay in Maui (they own a condo there). It is their favorite course. Perhaps splurge for Plantation (and play twilight for less) for that one round and then go low price for all the other rounds!

7. wjburns

wjburns Guest

The Dunes at Maui Lani recently replaced all of their greens and they are beautiful. The rest of the course is about average regarding maintenance. It is a sneaky course with lots of elevation changes and blind tee shots. Kahili is a fun track but is starting to get expensive...they have an Aloha Friday rate that can be a good deal. Book directly through their website for best rates. We personally love Kapalua Bay. Great track, par 3 ocean hole, beautifully maintained. Again, book directly through website for best rates. We have not played the Kaanapali courses but have not been impressed by what we've seen from the practice areas or from the road regarding condition for the price...better bang for your buck elsewhere.

If you ARE set on Plantation check out the renovation schedule. I believe they are doing some course renovation work (reworking bunkers, etc) so it may be a good idea to check with the clubhouse first.

8. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    If you are open to playing the other course at Kapalua, they hold a skins game a couple days per week. I believe it starts around noon and the rate is reduced. The buy in for the skins game was $25-30. It was a fun time the one time I played in it. Call the course to submit your name. They only hold it if they have enough players, which I think was about 12.

Best regards.

Mike