• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ka anapali Maui fixed or floating units?

chileaquiles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the units fixed or floating or both? Looking at resale and seems some state a unit number so confused. What i know is week is fixed but i thought it is floor level (lower, middle, upper). So when you buy resale do you actually get the same unit number or just floor range? How do they determine what room or floor to give between the range you own?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Are the units fixed or floating or both? Looking at resale and seems some state a unit number so confused. What i know is week is fixed but i thought it is floor level (lower, middle, upper). So when you buy resale do you actually get the same unit number or just floor range? How do they determine what room or floor to give between the range you own?

Hyatt is selling both fixed and floating. However they had already sold half their units with set weeks so the inventory with floating is compromised. You buy a floor range and Hyatt does their best to take care of you and give you the best unit they can. Their are a very few with a room number for example we met someone who bought a second floor 1 bedroom over valet. He got a very inexpensive deal and rarely has to stay in that unit.

chileaquiles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is ther a diagram with room numbers

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The initial sales were fixed unit / fixed week (possibly pre opening sales as I have seen marketing material from when they opened with the floor banding). They quickly changed to fixed floor bands (lower 1-4, middle 5-8, upper 9-12) with a floating unit with in the band / fixed week. Last year they changed it so they can now sell fixed floor band / floating week, however, I am not sure if they have started selling the floating week product yet. Hopefully others will chime in with more recent information.

taffy19

Reaction score

They are both, fixed weeks and floating weeks. 33 2 BR condos (52 weeks) have been converted from fixed weeks to floating weeks and the floating week condo numbers are mentioned under Q&As #10 in John’s (ocjohn) post below. All the others are still fixed weeks.

You recently received a packet in the mail outlining a proposed second amendment to your association Declaration.

Maui Timeshare Venture, LLC (“Developer”) and the entire Hyatt Residence Club team remain committed to the quality of Hyatt Residence Club Maui, Ka’anapali Beach (“HKB”), and the timeshare experience the existing HKB owners have come to count on.

Below are answer to questions we have been receiving related to the proposed Second Amendment to the Declaration.

Your feedback is important to us. Please use the form enclosed in your packet (or download here) and send in your vote by 10:00 a.m. Hawaii Time on Tuesday, August 1, 2017.

Should you have questions, please feel free to contact me directly via phone at +1 727.803.9497 or email at lisa.trosset@hyattvoi.com.

Sincerely,

Lisa Trosset
Vice President - Compliance, Closing, and Loan Administration

Questions & Answers

1. Why is the amendment being proposed?
We have received many requests for more flexibility from potential purchasers who loved the resort but could not commit to vacationing there during the same week each year. The proposed amendment is being offered as an alternative for these purchasers. The proposed addition of the float use plan will not affect the guaranteed reservation rights that our existing HKB owners enjoy under the current use plan.

2. What does the proposed amendment do?
The proposed amendment creates a new use plan for 33 two-bedroom units which are built, but not yet included, in the HKB Vacation Owners’ Association. None of the interests in these 33 units have previously been offered for sale, so there are no reservation rights for these units today. Purchasers in the new use plan will be able to book their week stay reservations on a floating basis rather than a fixed week program. These purchasers will be owners of the HKB Vacation Owners’ Association and members of Hyatt Residence Club on the same basis as our current fixed week owners.

3. Do I have a right to vote on this amendment if I own a 1- or 3-bedroom unit?
Yes, all owners have a right to vote.

4. Can the Developer change the use plan on the interval that I have already been deeded?
No. Your fixed week rights are protected by the timeshare declaration which provides that the timeshare plan documents may not be amended without the written consent of an Owner to materially diminish an Owner’s ownership rights or to change an Owner’s fixed week rights.

5. Will my annual assessment change as a result of the change?
Your assessments will not change as a result of the new use plan. The annual HKB Vacation Owners’ Association budget is divided equally among all timeshare interests in the same resort unit type, regardless of the specific use plan.

6. How will units be assigned if the amendment is approved?
Units today are reserved by owners during their Home Resort Preference Period and are based on the fixed week and resort unit type owned (resort unit types are based on the type of unit and the floor band). When assigning a unit for an owner’s use, we give consideration to the order in which reservations are made and any special requests. This process will not change as a result of the new use plan.

With the addition of the 33 units, there will, of course, be more units available for reservations, but also additional owners seeking reservations. The proposed amendment sets aside the number of reservations required in each resort unit type to fully accommodate such fixed week owners’ reservation rights. Section 3.6(d) of the proposed amendment provides that all fixed week owners will continue to be able to make a reservation for their fixed week during their Home Resort Preference Period by restricting the number of reservations available to floating timeshare interest owners during this period.

7. How can I transfer my ownership from my current fixed week product to the new float week product?
There will be some availability for owners to transfer from the fixed week use plan to the new float week use plan, if they find it to be more desirable. For specific information, please contact the Sales Department at +1 808.662.4700

8. Is there a plan to sell HKB to another developer?
There is no plan to sell HKB inventory to another developer.

9. Is the intent to create this new use plan so that the 33 units can be put into the new Hyatt Residence Club Portfolio Program?
No. The Developer has designed the new use plan to respond to the many requests we received from interest purchasers who loved the resort but could not commit to vacationing at the resort during the same week each year. We intend to sell these new timeshare interests to new purchasers at the HKB property’s, who will be owners of the HKB Vacation Owners’ Association and members of Hyatt Residence Club on the same basis as our current fixed week owners.

10. If the amendment is approved, which units will go into the new use plan?
Please is a list of the unit numbers and locations for the 33 units:
8 units on Floor 4 (3404 - 3411)
4 units on Floor 7 (3708 - 3711)
9 units on Floor 8 (3803 - 3811)
4 units on Floor 11 (4115 - 4118)
8 units on Floor 12 (4121 - 4128)

To Sapper, HKB was never a resort with fixed weeks and fixed condos like all other Hyatt resorts were sold.

Last edited:

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Sapper, HKB was never a resort with fixed weeks and fixed condos like all other Hyatt resorts were sold.

I seem to remember right at the very beginning (again, possibly pre-opening) you could buy a fixed week / fixed unit.

taffy19

Reaction score
I seem to remember right at the very beginning (again, possibly pre-opening) you could buy a fixed week / fixed unit.
We bought almost in the very beginning before ILG came in the picture and the brochure already showed the tiers.

The resort took almost two years to build and officially opened. I had an album of the building progress posted somewhere on TUG.

We asked if we could make it a fixed week/unit but they said no. That’s what we really wanted to own. I will find out.

upload_2019-6-16_12-9-2.png

Last edited:

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought almost in the very beginning before ILG came in the picture and the brochure already showed the tiers.

The resort took almost two years to build and officially opened. I had an album of the building progress posted somewhere on TUG.

We asked if we could make it a fixed week/unit but they said no. That’s what we really wanted to own. I will find out.

View attachment 12416

Above I stated I had seen marketing material from when they opened showing the floor banding. Probably the same material you saw. It was a folder with a lot of info, I wish I had saved it. I had chatted with Hyatt during construction, and expressed interest.

Please do let me know what you find out.

taffy19

Reaction score
Above I stated I had seen marketing material from when they opened showing the floor banding. Probably the same material you saw. It was a folder with a lot of info, I wish I had saved it. I had chatted with Hyatt during construction, and expressed interest.

I will let you know because I am curious too. I left a message with the sales manager who has been there since the very beginning.

Here is the enlarged picture of the HKB tower that shows the lower, middle and upper bands. Stack 1 are the 1 BR Mountain View Condos. Stack 2 are the 1 BR Ocean View Condos. The 2 BR Ocean View condos are stack 3 through 11. The 3 BR Ocean View condos are stack 12.

i-b9BhPr8.jpg

Here are the condo numbers again of the 2 BR floating weeks. The 1 & 3 BR condos are still fixed weeks.

8 units on Floor 4 (3404 - 3411)
4 units on Floor 7 (3708 - 3711)
9 units on Floor 8 (3803 - 3811)
4 units on Floor 11 (4115 - 4118)
8 units on Floor 12 (4121 - 4128)

taffy19

Reaction score

I have called 3 times already but no return calls or they leave no number when they call back.

I only answer the phone if I recognize the name or phone number. Too many scam calls lately or calls in a foreign language.

I talked to a sales person (second call) and he told me that the sales manager, we dealt with, was no longer there. I can hardly believe it and called another sales manager today. I doubt if I will hear from them.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have called 3 times already but no return calls or they leave no number when they call back.

I only answer the phone if I recognize the name or phone number. Too many scam calls lately or calls in a foreign language.

I talked to a sales person (second call) and he told me that the sales manager, we dealt with, was no longer there. I can hardly believe it and called another sales manager today. I doubt if I will hear from them.

I’m sorry to hear that about a Hyatt property. Surprised really. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Marriott purchase. Thank you for writing back about it.

tv77

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do reservations work for the floating weeks?

Thanks.