• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Passed ROFR

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
i just purchased a Hyatt Beach House week 15, just got notification that I passed ROFR . I feel like I got a great deal all in for $4K. Now is the time to buy Hyatt. I’ve been wanting a Hyatt for a long time but I was never willing to spend $8K for a Diamond week.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
i just purchased a Hyatt Beach House week 15, just got notification that I passed ROFR . I feel like I got a great deal all in for $4K. Now is the time to buy Hyatt. I’ve been wanting a Hyatt for a long time but I was never willing to spend $8K for a Diamond week.
Congratulations, great price, even better you will use it most of the time.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Prices are dropping now that ROFR seems to be non-existent. Thought I was getting a good deal on a Hyatt Pinon Pointe 2BR Platinum week for $5400 all-in that closed a few months ago. Might need to search out another Diamond unit for cheaper

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It might be that I bought during the sweet spot of the transfer of Hyatt to Marriott. I was shocked that my offer passed ROFR.
I would go for a Diamond week right now

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It might be that I bought during the sweet spot of the transfer of Hyatt to Marriott. I was shocked that my offer passed ROFR.
I would go for a Diamond week right now

I agree, I also think we are in a window that people will look back on after Marriott finally gets their house in order and starts exercising ROFR on everything that would be a good deal for the buyer.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Maybe I need to finally bite the bullet on a Hyatt. I have researched it over the years but not yet found the place I want to buy. Maybe it’s just time to find a great deal.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to finally bite the bullet on a Hyatt. I have researched it over the years but not yet found the place I want to buy. Maybe it’s just time to find a great deal.

That is kind of how I was looking at it when I pulled the trigger on that Highlands Inn recently. I have been looking at that property for five and a half years now. No "perfect" deal ever came along. The one I finally picked up is not my ideal unit / week / price. It is, however, an acceptable unit and week, and <1/4 of the normal asking price. I actually thought that Hyatt would break their ROFR fast and devour the deal I had found. They did not, the window remains open as of the beginning of this year, and I'm a happy camper.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
That is kind of how I was looking at it when I pulled the trigger on that Highlands Inn recently. I have been looking at that property for five and a half years now. No "perfect" deal ever came along. The one I finally picked up is not my ideal unit / week / price. It is, however, an acceptable unit and week, and <1/4 of the normal asking price. I actually thought that Hyatt would break their ROFR fast and devour the deal I had found. They did not, the window remains open as of the beginning of this year, and I'm a happy camper.

What is a good deal for Highlands?

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is a good deal for Highlands?

Part of What made it a good deal for me may be different from you. The week is in the spring, it's a horizon townhouse (which means there is a good view from the second floor), and the price was $2500 (including the transfer cost). My ideal would be August (because it's brutally hot in Houston in August, nice weather in Carmel, the car show in Pebble Beach), units 433, 434, 440-443, and <$5k price. The odds of finding that are about the same as my boss giving me a $100k raise. So, I settled on something acceptable.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
You guys are making me sad. I need to reload my money jar from last 2 I just bought.

Maybe need to unload a few other TS too.

One thing I never thought about is buying your weeks close together for optinum use of combined points.

DK3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must be unlucky. Hyatt exercised ROFR on a platinum Windward Pointe week at $3000.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I must be unlucky. Hyatt exercised ROFR on a platinum Windward Pointe week at $3000.
You just never know, keep trying. What week did you try to get? Sometimes it might be lower in point value but a week they know they can sell, or maybe windward is selling easier. I am sure they have lots of criteria and formulas that make them decide.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That’s what I did, I’ve been wanting a Hyatt for a few years but was never willing to pay over $4K. When my best friend purchased hers last year, and then when hers passed, I decided to pursue one for myself.

I like the Beach House and for my needs to have a family friendly resort for my grandson and my future grandchildren this was a win.

I love Key West and even if everything changes with Marriott owning it now. This is a week and unit I can use.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest for a unit.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You guys are making me sad. I need to reload my money jar from last 2 I just bought.

Maybe need to unload a few other TS too.

One thing I never thought about is buying your weeks close together for optinum use of combined points.

Please don’t be sad, it was your awesome posts and the help you provided me when my girlfriend was buying her unit, that helped push me over the hump to make a bid. I feel you got some awesome deals.

I highly doubt mine will be transferred into my name prior to the week starting.

Thank you again for all of your help

DK3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You just never know, keep trying. What week did you try to get? Sometimes it might be lower in point value but a week they know they can sell, or maybe windward is selling easier. I am sure they have lots of criteria and formulas that make them decide.
It was Thanksgiving week. That is probably the reason. I did have a unit pass ROFR for Pinon Pointe. It was a gold week and EOY for $1500.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Please don’t be sad, it was your awesome posts and the help you provided me when my girlfriend was buying her unit, that helped push me over the hump to make a bid. I feel you got some awesome deals.

I highly doubt mine will be transferred into my name prior to the week starting.

Thank you again for all of your help
You should be fine for a week 15 once Hyatt gets all documents they take about 2 weeks to put you on account as owner. If you have Interval already and use same name and email. You will know it’s done when you see in interval.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should be fine for a week 15 once Hyatt gets all documents they take about 2 weeks to put you on account as owner. If you have Interval already and use same name and email. You will know it’s done when you see in interval.

Thanks I will look in II to see if a Hyatt account has been added? Would it be added to my personal II that I have my SDO and Quarter House at or would it be a new separate account

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thanks I will look in II to see if a Hyatt account has been added? Would it be added to my personal II that I have my SDO and Quarter House at or would it be a new separate account
I have a personal account with WorldMark in it.

When I log in now I see a message that says there are multiple accounts under your user ID and asks you to pick which account you want to use 1 is Hyatt other is my Platinum account WM is in.

One thing that totally sucks in RCI or II is how you have to have so many accounts. Then if your Platinum in one and Hyatt gives you gold. Guess what you don’t get Platinum on the Hyatt unless you pay up. Seems to me if you have paid the fee it ought to spread to all your stuff. But I am just a small fry so I guess I’ll just have to deal.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a personal account with WorldMark in it.

When I log in now I see a message that says there are multiple accounts under your user ID and asks you to pick which account you want to use 1 is Hyatt other is my Platinum account WM is in.

One thing that totally sucks in RCI or II is how you have to have so many accounts. Then if your Platinum in one and Hyatt gives you gold. Guess what you don’t get Platinum on the Hyatt unless you pay up. Seems to me if you have paid the fee it ought to spread to all your stuff. But I am just a small fry so I guess I’ll just have to deal.

Thank you, I just logged into my II account and went under my account to see if anything new is there but alas no.... I appreciate you telling me where to look. I agree, I'm Platinum in my personal account and that is a bummer that Hyatt only gives you gold...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got a notification that Hyatt won't transfer the ownership to me unless I pay the 2019 MF fees... Should I try and pay the fees directly to Hyatt or the company I'm dealing with?