• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just finished epic Gearhead and Beerhead solo trip to Europe/UK

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I just spent two weeks checking a few items off my travel list. I'm a huge motorcycle racing fan so I spent time touring car and Moto factories and attending the MotoGP race in Misano, Italy.

I started by flying Aer Lingus business class (booked with Alaska miles) to Dublin. I downed pints of Guiness and toured the Jameson museum. 3 nights was all my liver could take so I then hopped a Ryan air flight to Bologna, Italy.

In Bologna, I spent 4 nights enjoying the local cuisine and toured the Lamborghini factory and museum, Ducati factory and museum and the Ferrari museum in Maranello.

I then hopped a train to Rimini and spent some time on the beach before heading to the track in Misano to watch MotoGP hero Valentino Rossi compete. I also took a quick side trip to his hometown in Tavullia. I then hopped another Ryan air flight to Manchester, England.

I spent just two nights in Manchester before boarding a Singapore Airlines business class flight (booked with Citi Thank you points) to Houston and then home to San Diego.

No timeshares were involved in this adventure but I used points and miles as much as possible in putting the trip together. Ciao!

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Sounds like a very cool trip!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun- though somewhat hectic- trip. It always feels good to check off those bucket list items.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Sounds like a fun- though somewhat hectic- trip. It always feels good to check off those bucket list items.

I"ve been a road warrior for more than 25 years so it's just normal to me other than the slight language barrier in Italy.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I just spend two weeks checking a few items off my travel list. I'm a huge motorcycle racing fan so I spent time touring car and Moto factories and attending the MotoGP race in Misano, Italy.

I started by flying Aer Lingus business class (booked with Alaska miles) to Dublin. I downed pints of Guiness and toured the Jameson museum. 3 nights was all my liver could take so I then hopped a Ryan air flight to Bologna, Italy.

In Bologna, I spent 4 nights enjoying the local cuisine and toured the Lamborghini factory and museum, Ducati factory and museum and the Ferrari museum in Maranello.

I then hopped a train to Rimini and spent some time on the beach before heading to the track in Misano to watch MotoGP hero Valentino Rossi compete. I also took a quick side trip to his hometown in Tavullia. I then hopped another Ryan air flight to Manchester, England.

I spent just two nights in Manchester before boarding a Singapore Airlines business class flight (booked with Citi Thank you points) to Houston and then home to San Diego.

No timeshares were involved in this adventure but I used points and miles as much as possible in putting the trip together. Ciao!
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Richard

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I was wondering when we would get the trip report, you packed in plenty of bucket items, made me jelly, bellissimo.

I have to make do with the OC Auto show in Oct. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I was wondering when we would get the trip report, you packed in plenty of bucket items, made me jelly, bellissimo.

I have to make do with the OC Auto show in Oct. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The best part was getting to Rimini and seeing the rolling hills down to the ocean. Made me feel like I was home. I went straight to the water and waded in. The funny part was with my Italian face, people kept walking up to me and asking questions in Italian (I don’t speak it).

Maria made it clear I’m not going alone next time!