TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Bliss vs Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by dioxide45, Jan 30, 2015.

1. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

The Beach Club was being built last time we were at the resort for the Grand Bliss (not to be confused with the Bliss which is a slightly upgraded Mayan Palace located between Mayan Palace buildings 10/11). It is the closest you can get to the beach from the Grand Bliss buildings, which is not close, but it looked to be very nicely done. It is between the models building and Cafe del Lago.

The Grand Mayan has a very nice pool area next to the GM check in building. It is a very diverse area with lots of nooks and seating. The Grand Mayan also has a lakeside beach area just south of the large grocery, shopping, restaurant building which fronts the large Mayan Palace pool complex.

2. Lingber

Lingber TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Harborside
    We were at Grand Luxxe this past summer and the Beach Club was for the use of BOTH Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe. I would email the concierge to see if anything changed.

My first preference is G.L. because they have their own pool and gym with spa. The units and service were exceptional. I have stayed in Hyatt, Starwood and Marriott and these were truly at the top. If that wasn't available I would for sure take Grand Bliss. The units are similar to G.L. and the Beach Club pool area is a really nice amenity to have. We would really miss it if we returned and didn't have access.

3. PGtime

PGtime TUG Member

4. Asl18940

Asl18940 Guest

I had something similar happen, but there is a potential solution. SInce the 2 bdrm GL unit sleeps 8 that gives 8 available wrist bands. We just had 4 in our GL master suite, so they let us add my sister and her two kids to our suite and they got GL wrist bands even though they slept at the GM. Nothing dishonest here again since the GL master suites are described as sleeping up to 8.

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Updating based on information in this thread

These are the pools that are identified on the property map.
    1. The Grand Luxxe Pool
    2. The Beach Club
    3. Mayan Palace Pool
    4. The Grand Mayan Pool

Access is as follows;
    Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya - 1, 2, 3, 4
    The Grand Bliss Riviera Maya - 2, 3, 4
    The Grand Mayan - 3, 4
    The Bliss Riviera Maya - 3
    Mayan Palace - 3

6. dominidude

dominidude TUG Member

As usual, thanks to all contributors in this thread for the wealth of information.

My understanding is that the resort charges $75 upon check in, and that this check in covers, among other things, the shuttle from the airport to the resort, but not vice versa.

So, that begs the question, how much is it to take the bus back from the resort to the airport? Is it per person? we have six people travelling.

7. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I would actually book a one way transfer through USA Transfers. Looks like it is $70 one way for 6 people from Playa del Carmen.

8. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
    We own at Mayan World and will be using an exchange this fall at Grand Mayan. We will not be using the shuttle since we will have been in PV for 2 weeks, but we will not complain about the $75 fee because it does cover internet and we have had to pay more than $75 for that before. I think it cover Gym and some other things, but do not have the list in front of me. One of the Taxi Vans will cost you about $70-$75 for 6 people to get back to the airport.

9. Catira

Catira TUG Member

$15 per person for transport back to airport

10. Hankmoon

Hankmoon Guest

Grand Luxxe is the top of the line.

11. jd2601

jd2601 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I am sorry if this has been answered. Is there a difference between this resort and the Grand Luxxe that I have traded into in the past? I do not remember it referred to as Grand Luxxe Jungle? Thanks jd2601

Resort Details & Photos
    Grand Luxxe Jungle Riviera Maya
    Playa del Carmen, QuintanaRoo , MEXICO

12. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

As per the Vidanta website:

The Jungle Suite has one bedroom with a king-size bed and in-room TV, a gourmet kitchen with breakfast bar, an attached dining room with formal dining table and sideboard, a living room with two sleeper sofas and a TV, two bathrooms and one Jacuzzi tub, and a private terrace, complete with outdoor lounge furniture.

Basically you are losing the outdoor balcony/deck and plunge pool (that's the biggest change, IMO). I also believe they are smaller in sq footage vs. the regular Grand Luxxe.
    http://www.vidanta.com/en/destinations/riviera-maya/accommodations

13. Hankmoon

Hankmoon Guest

Is the Grand Bliss one bedroom suite the same size as the Grand Luxxe one bedroom?

14. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    I believe Grand Bliss may be the same sq footage as Grand Mayan

The Jungle Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom is likely 1100 -1200 sq feet .
    This is based on the frame of the buildings - which were originally to be MP .
    The Jungle GL is likely the footprint of a 2 bedroom MP .

The Vidanta Traveler or website showed a floor plan but did not list sq feet

Perhaps someone who has stayed in these RM units can confirm

15. mikenk

mikenk TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Villa
    No, as TDT said, the GB 1 bedroom is close to the same size as GM. The GL-suite 1 bedroom is larger and the GL-Villa one bedroom is even larger.

Mike

16. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
  17. pianoetudes

pianoetudes TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
    On my last month trip to RM, the MP building 1 to 4 are closed for renovation. I believe they are converting the units to GL Jungle. The building 1 to 4 are actually at the best location of the entire resort - less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, restaurants (Balche/Frida, Havana Moon, Gong and the Italian restaurant). They are perfect for GL units. Besides with 21 buildings of MP and The Bliss, they will never run out of MP units.

Vidanta website says "private terrace, complete with outdoor lounge furniture" but no photos. I am curious how big the terrace is. At the presentation, I remember the sales person told me that the living room has some kind of rolling door for privacy. The website does say living room with two sleeper sofas. Then with the rolling door, you can make the unit to 2BR.

18. Eric B

Eric B Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Grand Luxxe
    Vidanta website has a floorplan that shows a very small terrace with no pool.

19. Hankmoon

Hankmoon Guest

I just booked a GL Jungle Suite for January in Riviera Maya. I was talking to the Vidanta reservation agent about pros/cons between the Jungle Suite vs the one bedroom suite. First of all, I was booking it late since January is high season and it is now October. There were no 1 bedroom suites left and only 2 Jungle Suites available for the date I wanted. I needed one very specific arrival date and was lucky to get it. He said the tradeoff is with the Jungle Suite you get two full bathrooms, the dining room and kitchen are in the middle and the living room can be converted into a second bedroom with two sleeper sofas because you can close it off with the sliding door but you do lose the big terrace with pool. In the 1 bedroom suite, you get 1.5 bathrooms only and the living room area is an open floor plan. So for traveling with kids or another couple or two singles, the Jungle suite could be ideal. For traveling as a couple, the 1 bedroom suite might be better. It just depends on how you want to use it. Both suites are true Grand Luxxe units with all amenities. The agent said right now, they are promoting the Jungle Suites because they are new so the usage fee may be lower than it will be in the future. It is only $50 higher for members than the 1 bedroom suite but he said it may be higher in the future. None of the suites in Riviera Maya have views so that is not much of a factor in deciding where to stay. The agent said the Jungle Suites are in the building behind the GL towers 1-4 on the map. This may seem far now but remember Vidanta keeps expanding so in a few years, this will be close.

20. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

I checked with Customer Service yesterday to see if buildings 1-4 were still available to MP members. They told me, yes, they were just undergoing renovations and are still MP units, and the renos are complete now. That's the story I got :shrug: and I'll know more after my guests return in January.