• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jungle Bliss vs Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya

rpennisi

Reaction score
#2 is The Beach Club. I don't see where that is indicated in the description for the Grand Bliss; however, it is definitely closer to the Bliss than it is the Grand Luxxe which does have access. The Grand Mayan didn't have much of a description as to what pools it had access to, so I just matched it to the pool of the same name.

The Beach Club was being built last time we were at the resort for the Grand Bliss (not to be confused with the Bliss which is a slightly upgraded Mayan Palace located between Mayan Palace buildings 10/11). It is the closest you can get to the beach from the Grand Bliss buildings, which is not close, but it looked to be very nicely done. It is between the models building and Cafe del Lago.

The Grand Mayan has a very nice pool area next to the GM check in building. It is a very diverse area with lots of nooks and seating. The Grand Mayan also has a lakeside beach area just south of the large grocery, shopping, restaurant building which fronts the large Mayan Palace pool complex.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
#2 is The Beach Club. I don't see where that is indicated in the description for the Grand Bliss; however, it is definitely closer to the Bliss than it is the Grand Luxxe which does have access. The Grand Mayan didn't have much of a description as to what pools it had access to, so I just matched it to the pool of the same name.

We were at Grand Luxxe this past summer and the Beach Club was for the use of BOTH Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe. I would email the concierge to see if anything changed.

My first preference is G.L. because they have their own pool and gym with spa. The units and service were exceptional. I have stayed in Hyatt, Starwood and Marriott and these were truly at the top. If that wasn't available I would for sure take Grand Bliss. The units are similar to G.L. and the Beach Club pool area is a really nice amenity to have. We would really miss it if we returned and didn't have access.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
#2 is The Beach Club. I don't see where that is indicated in the description for the Grand Bliss; however, it is definitely closer to the Bliss than it is the Grand Luxxe which does have access. QUOTE]

We stayed at the Grand Bliss from 12/18/2015 - 12/25/2015. We had access to the Beach Club (very nice). When my sister's kids (staying at GM) showed up at the Beach Club, they were politely told that the Beach Club was only for GB & GL.

We have also stayed at the GL and agree it is the best on the property but the GB is still very nice.

Asl18940

Reaction score
I had something similar happen, but there is a potential solution. SInce the 2 bdrm GL unit sleeps 8 that gives 8 available wrist bands. We just had 4 in our GL master suite, so they let us add my sister and her two kids to our suite and they got GL wrist bands even though they slept at the GM. Nothing dishonest here again since the GL master suites are described as sleeping up to 8.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Updating based on information in this thread

These are the pools that are identified on the property map.
  1. The Grand Luxxe Pool
  2. The Beach Club
  3. Mayan Palace Pool
  4. The Grand Mayan Pool

Access is as follows;
Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya - 1, 2, 3, 4
The Grand Bliss Riviera Maya - 2, 3, 4
The Grand Mayan - 3, 4
The Bliss Riviera Maya - 3
Mayan Palace - 3

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
As usual, thanks to all contributors in this thread for the wealth of information.

My understanding is that the resort charges $75 upon check in, and that this check in covers, among other things, the shuttle from the airport to the resort, but not vice versa.

So, that begs the question, how much is it to take the bus back from the resort to the airport? Is it per person? we have six people travelling.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As usual, thanks to all contributors in this thread for the wealth of information.

My understanding is that the resort charges $75 upon check in, and that this check in covers, among other things, the shuttle from the airport to the resort, but not vice versa.

So, that begs the question, how much is it to take the bus back from the resort to the airport? Is it per person? we have six people travelling.

I would actually book a one way transfer through USA Transfers. Looks like it is $70 one way for 6 people from Playa del Carmen.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

We own at Mayan World and will be using an exchange this fall at Grand Mayan. We will not be using the shuttle since we will have been in PV for 2 weeks, but we will not complain about the $75 fee because it does cover internet and we have had to pay more than $75 for that before. I think it cover Gym and some other things, but do not have the list in front of me. One of the Taxi Vans will cost you about $70-$75 for 6 people to get back to the airport.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score

$15 per person for transport back to airport

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at these two resorts in the II directory. Are these the same property? Some of the photos are the same and it seems that the address is the same.

It seems that this property is also a fair distance from Playa del Carmen and is actually perhaps closer to Puerto Morelos than it is Playa del Carmen. How do you get around if you stay here? We have never rented a car in Mexico, is it almost a necessity here? Or is there enough public transportation. Is there anything (restaurants, shopping) within walking distance like there is in Cancun or right in Playa del Carmen?

Grand Luxxe is the top of the line.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been answered. Is there a difference between this resort and the Grand Luxxe that I have traded into in the past? I do not remember it referred to as Grand Luxxe Jungle? Thanks jd2601

Resort Details & Photos
Grand Luxxe Jungle Riviera Maya
Playa del Carmen, QuintanaRoo , MEXICO

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
As per the Vidanta website:

The Jungle Suite has one bedroom with a king-size bed and in-room TV, a gourmet kitchen with breakfast bar, an attached dining room with formal dining table and sideboard, a living room with two sleeper sofas and a TV, two bathrooms and one Jacuzzi tub, and a private terrace, complete with outdoor lounge furniture.

Basically you are losing the outdoor balcony/deck and plunge pool (that's the biggest change, IMO). I also believe they are smaller in sq footage vs. the regular Grand Luxxe.
http://www.vidanta.com/en/destinations/riviera-maya/accommodations

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the Grand Bliss one bedroom suite the same size as the Grand Luxxe one bedroom?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I believe Grand Bliss may be the same sq footage as Grand Mayan

The Jungle Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom is likely 1100 -1200 sq feet .
This is based on the frame of the buildings - which were originally to be MP .
The Jungle GL is likely the footprint of a 2 bedroom MP .

The Vidanta Traveler or website showed a floor plan but did not list sq feet

Perhaps someone who has stayed in these RM units can confirm

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Is the Grand Bliss one bedroom suite the same size as the Grand Luxxe one bedroom?

No, as TDT said, the GB 1 bedroom is close to the same size as GM. The GL-suite 1 bedroom is larger and the GL-Villa one bedroom is even larger.

Mike

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
On my last month trip to RM, the MP building 1 to 4 are closed for renovation. I believe they are converting the units to GL Jungle. The building 1 to 4 are actually at the best location of the entire resort - less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, restaurants (Balche/Frida, Havana Moon, Gong and the Italian restaurant). They are perfect for GL units. Besides with 21 buildings of MP and The Bliss, they will never run out of MP units.

Vidanta website says "private terrace, complete with outdoor lounge furniture" but no photos. I am curious how big the terrace is. At the presentation, I remember the sales person told me that the living room has some kind of rolling door for privacy. The website does say living room with two sleeper sofas. Then with the rolling door, you can make the unit to 2BR.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Vidanta website has a floorplan that shows a very small terrace with no pool.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a GL Jungle Suite for January in Riviera Maya. I was talking to the Vidanta reservation agent about pros/cons between the Jungle Suite vs the one bedroom suite. First of all, I was booking it late since January is high season and it is now October. There were no 1 bedroom suites left and only 2 Jungle Suites available for the date I wanted. I needed one very specific arrival date and was lucky to get it. He said the tradeoff is with the Jungle Suite you get two full bathrooms, the dining room and kitchen are in the middle and the living room can be converted into a second bedroom with two sleeper sofas because you can close it off with the sliding door but you do lose the big terrace with pool. In the 1 bedroom suite, you get 1.5 bathrooms only and the living room area is an open floor plan. So for traveling with kids or another couple or two singles, the Jungle suite could be ideal. For traveling as a couple, the 1 bedroom suite might be better. It just depends on how you want to use it. Both suites are true Grand Luxxe units with all amenities. The agent said right now, they are promoting the Jungle Suites because they are new so the usage fee may be lower than it will be in the future. It is only $50 higher for members than the 1 bedroom suite but he said it may be higher in the future. None of the suites in Riviera Maya have views so that is not much of a factor in deciding where to stay. The agent said the Jungle Suites are in the building behind the GL towers 1-4 on the map. This may seem far now but remember Vidanta keeps expanding so in a few years, this will be close.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
..On my last month trip to RM, the MP building 1 to 4 are closed for renovation. I believe they are converting the units to GL Jungle. The building 1 to 4 are actually at the best location of the entire resort - less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, restaurants (Balche/Frida, Havana Moon, Gong and the Italian restaurant). They are perfect for GL units. ...

I checked with Customer Service yesterday to see if buildings 1-4 were still available to MP members. They told me, yes, they were just undergoing renovations and are still MP units, and the renos are complete now. That's the story I got :shrug: and I'll know more after my guests return in January.