• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

JSX Airline (West Coast)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thought I’d share info on JSX flights for my west (best) coast TUG friends - those living around Oakland, Vegas, Phoenix, Seattle, Burbank, Concord CA (others?).

We just took JSX from Oakland to Seattle - great way to fly! I had used JSX for Oakland to Vegas previously, and when I saw promo prices for them opening routes to Seattle I picked them up ($138pp RT allin). They are now opening up Phoenix as well.
Many use the Burbank flights from other flights I saw.

This may not be for everyone (like Rideshares...), but you can show up 15 minutes before a flight as there is no TSA. Heck, coming back from Seattle - we could have shown up 5 minutes ahead of time. Like good old days... ;)

JSX doesn’t fly from terminals, but out of hangers at the Airport. The Seattle flight is out of Boeing Field (BFI). They fly jets that hold around 30 passengers - have business class leg room, and free drinks and no baggage fees (within reason). No dealing with liquids and 3oz bottles, etc.

I have no affiliation with JSX - just thought I’d share.

We flew to Seattle to see family and stayed in an AirBnB for first time as Seattle hotel price. I may never stay in a hotel again. But that is another story.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
There's no (formal) security, but you fly with strangers?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Just like in the good old days. Or like taking a train.
Sadly, these ain't the good ole days. And a plane ain't a train. But hey, you only live once.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Did you know that there are 1000s of these type of jets (and no TSA) flying every day?

Like there are no issues with flying with 100s of passengers on a single jet vs. 30 people?

They do a swab check for explosives.

I have taken 6 flights now on JSX - nothing but great. As I said - not for everyone. But, I love the idea of not having to be at an airport 90 mins ahead of time. Plus, deal with the masses on a huge jet.

We showed up at 11:30 (still too soon) for a 12:00 flight - and arrived at our AirBnB in northern Seattle (30min Lyft ride) by 2:30.
3 hours travel time for ~$180 for the 2 of us.

Like a Rock Star!
9e73567f1ced992a37067d9730f5e304.jpg

177c46790207758a53c5c852d562af35.jpg

Waiting area - looks pretty sketchy LOL
Free coffee/drinks and snacks.

10551377f00c9082baf6915ae53fe532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Did you know that there are 1000s of these type of jets (and no TSA) flying every day?

Like there are no issues with flying with 100s of passengers on a single jet vs. 30 people?

I have taken 6 flights now on JSX - nothing but great. As I said - not for everyone. But, I love the idea of not having to be at an airport 90 mins ahead of time. Plus, deal with the masses on a huge jet.

We showed up at 11:30 (still too soon) for a 12:00 flight - and arrived at our AirBnB in northern Seattle (30min Lyft ride) by 2:30.

Like a Rock Star!

I want to second David and Robin's post. My mother-in-law lives in Seattle. My father-in-law passed in 2003. We have been going up there for 25 years. Unfortunately, during this past year, she has suddenly become stricken with dementia. Rather than flying on Alaska, I flew the family up for our annual visit during "SeaFair" a Seattle festival on Lake Washington. In the past years, we have watched the Blue Angels and then, had dinner in Madrona where she grew up. We would have a Sunday picnic at my brother-in-law's place near Leschi. But, she has declined and I flew our family up. It was hard on the kids. She was not the same. We were able to have a meaningful visit and drove to the Jet Suite X terminal without a hitch. We picked up a rental car and dropped it off at Boeing Field. What a breeze. The time we saved and the hassle made up for the extra cost. I highly recommend it.

Like a Rock Star!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for sharing. Never heard of this airline but like that they fly out of Concord and Oakland. Also like Burbank because there is a train station right outside the terminal to take you into LA without traffic. Will have to try them.

I am surprised there is not a central website similar to Google Flights that schedules for the different airlines since there are many of these and it's difficult to know what airlines serve each location without going to each website.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I shared this info about JSX (formerly Jet Suite X) because so many people do not know about it (like I do with TUG/Timeshares). And if you live/fly to these areas - it is definitely worth checking out. Even JSX is keeping their flights and locations pretty low key. Perhaps they are trying to expand slowly.

If it is not for you (like Rideshares or AirBnB) - then you don’t have to participate. My elderly mother immediately said it sounded unsafe w/o TSA. Right...

Phoenix just opened - and there are flights (weekday) for $79 from Oakland.

Coming back from Vegas at last moment in July - JSX cost $211 to Oakland - while other carriers from LAS-SJC (close to where we live) wanted almost $400 to fly back. I took a Lyft from the RIO and 30 minutes later was on plane flying back.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Glad to hear you like them. I was planning on flying with them in January for the first time, and looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Well, I tried to buy a ticket on JSX and they don’t like me. A couple days ago I tried to buy and it kept saying “rejected”. I tried multiple credit cards multiple times. Then I discovered that the charges correctly showed up at my bank, some of which had already been refunded.

I’m currently on a cruise (just departed Oman a few minutes ago) and called while close to land. JSX tells me that I’m apparently a high risk (“close to 90” when 70 is their limit on this “risk” assessment). In order to purchase they want me to scan and email them a copy of my credit card and drivers license. Are you kidding me? I told them I would be happy to do so if they provided a secure method of transmission, and email did not secure. The only other option is to visit one of their offices in person to purchase.

Of course, yesterday I spent $565 for a WestJet ticket (another premium Econ one way LAX-London, I was so impressed I’m going again) without difficulty. And, I routinely purchase items much more expensive than the ~$195 ticket on JSX.

They really made me feel like I’m a potential criminal and “want to help” but “I’m sorry” these are the only options available. Seems like I won’t be traveling on this poorly run airline. Management needs help.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Oh, and I emailed them when this happened and still haven’t received a reply. It’s been more than two days.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I see Orange County also. If Carlsbad airport gets added to the list, I”m in!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Well, I tried to buy a ticket on JSX and they don’t like me. A couple days ago I tried to buy and it kept saying “rejected”. I tried multiple credit cards multiple times. Then I discovered that the charges correctly showed up at my bank, some of which had already been refunded.

I’m currently on a cruise (just departed Oman a few minutes ago) and called while close to land. JSX tells me that I’m apparently a high risk (“close to 90” when 70 is their limit on this “risk” assessment). In order to purchase they want me to scan and email them a copy of my credit card and drivers license. Are you kidding me? I told them I would be happy to do so if they provided a secure method of transmission, and email did not secure. The only other option is to visit one of their offices in person to purchase.

Of course, yesterday I spent $565 for a WestJet ticket (another premium Econ one way LAX-London, I was so impressed I’m going again) without difficulty. And, I routinely purchase items much more expensive than the ~$195 ticket on JSX.

They really made me feel like I’m a potential criminal and “want to help” but “I’m sorry” these are the only options available. Seems like I won’t be traveling on this poorly run airline. Management needs help.

Sorry to hear - I had no issue getting tickets. Perhaps this denial due to risk is their solution for lack of TSA?
I don’t think it has anything to do with credit worthiness.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would guess it's some sort of risk based criteria, I agree that it isn't likely about payment risk but rather safety risk. You mentioned Oman, were you in the middle east when you originally tried to buy the ticket? If so, I suspect that is very likely your problem.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I would guess it's some sort of risk based criteria, I agree that it isn't likely about payment risk but rather safety risk. You mentioned Oman, were you in the middle east when you originally tried to buy the ticket? If so, I suspect that is very likely your problem.

Yes that could be an issue. But I used a VPN to the States so it shouldn’t matter.

For added flavor, when you call the automated attendant is “#1 for reservations” and “#2 for credit card verifications” so I suspect this is a very common issue for them.

Also, two minutes after my call with them I booked the same route on Southwest and it completed the charge instantly. There’s something really wrong with the way JSX is handling credit card processing and the subsequent security verification (again, emailing confidential info like a credit card is about as stupid as it gets).

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Sorry to hear - I had no issue getting tickets. Perhaps this denial due to risk is their solution for lack of TSA?
I don’t think it has anything to do with credit worthiness.

Doubtful. I know it’s not a credit issue since the same charge successfully processed seven (7) times!!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Doubtful. I know it’s not a credit issue since the same charge successfully processed seven (7) times!!

Odd. I know 6 people who have booked/flown on JSX without issue. I will be flying the new OAK-PHX route in Jan/Feb.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Odd. I know 6 people who have booked/flown on JSX without issue. I will be flying the new OAK-PHX route in Jan/Feb.

By the way, it took them about a week to respond to my email. Other people online said they received responses within a few hours, and applauded the airline for their timeliness. I’m beginning to wonder how many of those are accurate reviews of their customer service, based on the quite poor response I received from both their email support team and the horrible phone support with absurd requirements.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
By the way, it took them about a week to respond to my email. Other people online said they received responses within a few hours, and applauded the airline for their timeliness. I’m beginning to wonder how many of those are accurate reviews of their customer service, based on the quite poor response I received from both their email support team and the horrible phone support with absurd requirements.

I can’t really speak about their Customer Service, but doesn’t surprise me based on their funky web interface. People I know starting to fly JSX have really liked it, but none had to deal with their CS. A few with dogs really like their process.

I just booked OAK-PHX for $99pp
one way. Wish they would come to the South Bay - would save me a $50 Lyft ride.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I can’t really speak about their Customer Service, but doesn’t surprise me based on their funky web interface. People I know starting to fly JSX have really liked it, but none had to deal with their CS. A few with dogs really like their process.

I just booked OAK-PHX for $99pp
one way. Wish they would come to the South Bay - would save me a $50 Lyft ride.

Glad it’s working for you. I may try again some day, but right now I’d rather deal with the pain I know from companies who actually do try to handle customer service in a competent manner. FWIW, I replied to the email I received last week and no response, so their customer service failure just keeps on going. Hope you don’t have any issues requiring contacting them.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Glad it’s working for you. I may try again some day, but right now I’d rather deal with the pain I know from companies who actually do try to handle customer service in a competent manner. FWIW, I replied to the email I received last week and no response, so their customer service failure just keeps on going. Hope you don’t have any issues requiring contacting them.

We just got back from AZ. (Oakland-Phoenix on JSX, $198 RT)

Another great JSX flight. On the way out we were running late - showed up 10 mins before the flight. No problem.
This was my 8th flight (4 RTs) on JSX.
I hope they open up a San Jose hub.
Never had to deal with their Customer Service - although their gate agents and flight attendants have been fine.

e04d54fdafb6815e9208554a292d5f9d.jpg

And free drinks!

6e7c76452868559267d0dc7df0d3b6cf.jpg

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We just got back from AZ. (Oakland-Phoenix on JSX, $198 RT)

Another great JSX flight. On the way out we were running late - showed up 10 mins before the flight. No problem.
This was my 8th flight (4 RTs) on JSX.
I hope they open up a San Jose hub.

Glad it’s working for you. They reached out to me by email, I replied, and then nothing. Truly horrible customer service.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I’m currently on a cruise (just departed Oman a few minutes ago) and called while close to land.
We just missed you! We were in Oman (Muscat) on 12/14 thanks to RCCL's Jewel of the Seas.

Update: Sad news! Oman's Sultan Qaboos has died. His leadership (almost 50 years!) was remarkable. Our visit to Oman was the "hidden gem" of our cruise; quite delightful.

2nd Update:

Sorry for the thread-drift ... but there hasn't been much discussion of travel to Oman on TUG lately?

Last edited: