• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jon Brown & Associates, Oklahoma City USA

GO-ABQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kaanapali
Mayan Palace
Has anyone done a Mexico timeshare resale through Jon Brown & Assoc.,Oklahoma City? What’s Your Opinion?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Very likely a scam if they contacted you to offer to sell your timeshare. Sorry, that should be definitely, not very likely. Looking at their website, the only properties they list for sale are Vidanta timeshares at the Celebrate Park Resort Hotel, which is not yet built, but they tout elsewhere that they are brokers for other properties. If you're looking to get rid of the Mayan Palace RTU, you might consider selling it yourself on eBay, in the TUG marketplace, or giving it away in the free timeshares forum here on TUG. Don't expect to get anything near what you paid for it, of course.

I also own at Vidanta and frequently am contacted by companies that offer me the world for my ownership because it was a fabulous and wise investment I made. I sometimes talk to them for a while if I'm bored, but realize that they are always scammers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
100% scam. Their website was created March 26, 2019. Their name is also similar to a legit real estate company called Jon Browne and Associates. The scammers are hoping people will confuse the two.

This is a very old scam. The names just keep changing. The scam will only work if they get people to wire THEM money for a supposed sale in which the seller should be the one getting the money. This old scam is still around because there are plenty of people willing to wire money. The victims let their guard down because they think they are going to be paid thousands of dollars for a timeshare that is worth zero. The scammers will tell the victims that the money is required for a tax or fee of some kind. When paid, the scammers will keep coming back with more required fees until the victim no longer pays then they just disappear. See the link below of the story of someone who wired the scammers over $400K!

If it sounds too good to be true...

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-to-upfront-fee-timeshare-resale-scam.296096/

GO-ABQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kaanapali
Mayan Palace
Thank you for sharing your insight and experience.