• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jeopardy! (The James Holzhauer Show)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The tease for todays show has a challenger with twice as much as James, should be a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When (not 'if') he loses, it will be to a challenger who plays like he does, and happens to have categories that s/he is more knowledgeable about, and James goes 'all in' on a Daily Double and answers incorrectly wiping out his stash. I just haven't noticed a category that James isn't extremely knowledgeable about and has near instant recall of.

I'll be watching. . . .

Jm

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The tease for todays show has a challenger with twice as much as James, should be a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Challenger had lead going into double jeopardy, then hit the daily double, which he answered correctly.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good contest today!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I enjoyed that one. James came through like a pro. (And how the heck does he know some of this stuff?)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the people who select the contestants are screening for players who follow James' strategy. Still, his breadth of knowledge is astounding. Can you tell I'm a fan?

Jim

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow!!! I just finished reading the "internet" and I can't come close to beating James...hahahahahaha

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
James ran into a challenger who started by asking for the big value clues, and picked off both of the Daily Doubles in Double Jeopardy- which he answered incorrectly. James looked a bit peeved and saw to it that that challenger wasn't present at Final Jeopardy.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
He's getting a little cocky.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Jeopardy!' Champion James Holzhauer Finally Got Tested With Close Game..

https://uproxx.com/sports/jeopardy-champion-james-holzhauer-close-game-may-23/

Richard

I was rooting for the challenger, Nate, in this game, and actually thought he could beat Holzhauer. But from my 'armchair' perspective, I thought the challenger wagered too conservatively on Final Jeopardy. He was ahead of Holzhauer by about $4-5K. The 3rd contestant had $1200, so most she could have ended up with was $2400. If Nate had wagered more so that the least he ended with was $2401, he would have been in either 2nd or 1st place regardless of how Holzhauer answered. Oh well, at least it made it into a more interesting Final Jeopardy ending.

My husband thought that if Holzhauer keeps winning big, maybe the producers or network would cancel the show after this season, with Trebek's illness as the stated reason. Are they getting more in commercial revenues to keep paying out the amounts Holzhauer is winning on each show?

Last week I heard Holzhauer put in a desired wish for a data stats type job on a professional sports team. So maybe he's getting a little tired of playing and having to keep up on so many possible areas of trivia. But not so tired of it that he's going to pass up the opportunity to earn $50K and up each game.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was rooting for the challenger, Nate, in this game, and actually thought he could beat Holzhauer. But from my 'armchair' perspective, I thought the challenger wagered too conservatively on Final Jeopardy. He was ahead of Holzhauer by about $4-5K. The 3rd contestant had $1200, so most she could have ended up with was $2400. If Nate had wagered more so that the least he ended with was $2401, he would have been in either 2nd or 1st place regardless of how Holzhauer answered. Oh well, at least it made it into a more interesting Final Jeopardy ending.

My husband thought that if Holzhauer keeps winning big, maybe the producers or network would cancel the show after this season, with Trebek's illness as the stated reason. Are they getting more in commercial revenues to keep paying out the amounts Holzhauer is winning on each show?

Last week I heard Holzhauer put in a desired wish for a data stats type job on a professional sports team. So maybe he's getting a little tired of playing and having to keep up on so many possible areas of trivia. But not so tired of it that he's going to pass up the opportunity to earn $50K and up each game.
Nate was not ahead for final jeopardy, he was about six thousand behind by then.
You really think they would cancel a popular show over paying out sixty thousand each episode. They probably get $25000 per thirty second commercial, in each market. I think Alex Tribec gets ten million a year.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Nate was not ahead for final jeopardy, he was about six thousand behind by then.
You really think they would cancel a popular show over paying out sixty thousand . They probably get $25000 per thirty second commercial.

Hmm, don't know why I thought Nate was ahead; anyway it wasn't a runaway for Holzhauer. I still think Nate should have bet more than the $10K or so that he did, hindsight 20/20.

I wonder what the Las Vegas odds are for Holzhauer to keep on winning for 'x' number more games :D ?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
No doubt about it, he has the right attitude, and the support of millions of fans. I wish him and other cancer sufferers remission and long life.

Jim