• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It’s Merrie Monarch Time of Year

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

As are we. Had this chat just last night, as a matter of fact. But it comes a month before spouse gets the annual block of vacation days in late May, and there are never any days left at the end of this kind of fiscal year. So it may have to wait until we're both retired. Or maybe I'll go by myself, and send back videos. (Yeah, sure. Can you say "Sleeping on the sofa"? :) )

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
As are we. Had this chat just last night, as a matter of fact. But it comes a month before spouse gets the annual block of vacation days in late May, and there are never any days left at the end of this kind of fiscal year. So it may have to wait until we're both retired. Or maybe I'll go by myself, and send back videos. (Yeah, sure. Can you say "Sleeping on the sofa"? :) )

Dave

I was thinking the same thing, that it might be easier when we are retired but maybe in a couple years when my wife is retired. I’ll keep watching. :)

Reactions: Xan

taffy19

Reaction score
Once we saw it in person but many, many years ago. We mostly see it on TV in Hawaii every year but this year it is later than normal. I really like it. It is a lot of hours so do not see everything.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club

I can highly recommend at least being in the islands the week that it happens. Watching it on Hawaiian television is like watching the Olympics - fabulous evening coverage most of the nights including a lot of dancing Thursday through Saturday. I try to plan my trips that week if I can. Although it would be fun to be there, being able to watch it televised has a different and very enjoyable dimension.

taffy19

Reaction score
I can highly recommend at least being in the islands the week that it happens. Watching it on Hawaiian television is like watching the Olympics - fabulous evening coverage most of the nights including a lot of dancing Thursday through Saturday. I try to plan my trips that week if I can. Although it would be fun to be there, being able to watch it televised has a different and very enjoyable dimension.
So true and the Kaanapali Beach waves in the background. Really nice!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the kickoff to the festival.

taffy19

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, Jeff. I watched it already and hope that you will post more links in the following days.

I was digging last night at the old movie clips I have (at least 3 hours long) on Smugmug and found this one from 2016 while staying at the HRC at HKB in Kaanapali. I also saw one where I watched the movie and then went outside and forgot to close the patio door and you hear the waves quite loud but it brings back happy memories. Try this link because I have problems uploading pictures or anything.

Aloha!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for posting that, Jeff. I watched it already and hope that you will post more links in the following days.

I was digging last night at the old movie clips I have (at least 3 hours long) on Smugmug and found this one from 2016 while staying at the HRC at HKB in Kaanapali. I also saw one where I watched the movie and then went outside and forgot to close the patio door and you hear the waves quite loud but it brings back happy memories. Try this link because I have problems uploading pictures or anything.

Aloha!

The link worked great. Fantastic routine!

I had some time tonight and I remembered to check and see what I could find. I’ll post them when I find them. We’ve been busy getting things done before our next trip. I have to be on the road for work next week so I have to get things ready and pack. Only 10 days until we’re back on Molokai!:thumbup:
My wife was just saying that she needs to get back to her Happy Place. Two weeks this time and not a lot planned, should be perfect. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
<<< Jealous.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
<<< Jealous.

Dave

You have New Orleans right around the corner and I know the weather will be better than when we went to New Orleans. Then I’ll be jealous. We went at the end of August, really hot and humid. It was the only time we could get away. We still had a great time. You won’t have a hard time finding great food!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You have New Orleans right around the corner and I know the weather will be better than when we went to New Orleans. Then I’ll be jealous. We went at the end of August, really hot and humid. It was the only time we could get away. We still had a great time. You won’t have a hard time finding great food!

Thanks, Jeff. New Orleans will be great, but compared with two weeks in your new place on Molokai? Sorry, still jealous. :D

Have a great time. Have a maitai for me, and I’ll have a beignet for you. :)

I won’t be back to Hawaii till late Summer next year. But I’m making it count: We’re working on stretching that trip to three weeks, on three islands. We’ve got two of the weeks set up, and the third is looking good. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Jeff. New Orleans will be great, but compared with two weeks in your new place on Molokai? Sorry, still jealous. :D

Have a great time. Have a maitai for me, and I’ll have a beignet for you. :)

I won’t be back to Hawaii till late Summer next year. But I’m making it count: We’re working on stretching that trip to three weeks, on three islands. We’ve got two of the weeks set up, and the third is looking good. :)

Dave

Awesome! I only did three weeks once and it was great! Of course it was hard coming back. I’m a big guy so have two beignets for me and I’ll add an extra Mai Tai for you. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the new Miss Aloha Hula for 2019.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the Halau O Kekuhi Hoike Night from the Merrie Monarch Festival.