• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Is your dog really a service animal?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We have a great nephew with severe cerebral palsy who has a trained service dog who assists him in the simple things he is able to do and does some of the things he can't do for him. He is 16 now and this is his second dog. Both German shepherds. When the family vacations the dog stays with my husband's brother and SIL or with their other daughter and her family.

Last May I was at Disney World with my granddaughter and we were seated on the Kilimanjaro safari ride a row behind a younger couple, late 20's-early 30's, with a black lab service dog that could have and should have been left at home. The one whose dog it was could have functioned just as well with only the assistance of the spouse. Who btw was having to look after this person and the almost prostrate dog too. I chatted with them because we used to have a black lab who was an amazing dog and love the breed. The heat and humidity were awful that day and I live in Florida! That poor dog was seriously overheated and suffering even lying down on the safari ride out of the direct sun. You could see by the way it walked that its feet hurt from being burnt by the hot pavement. If you've never had the soles of your feet blister burnt by hot pavement or hot sand, consider yourself lucky and make sure you try to avoid it. Even my granddaughter who is a real trooper at the Parks was staying her feet felt uncomfortably hot through her shoes. We wouldn't have even been at the Park until evening if we hadn't had a daytime time slot for the sneak preview of the not yet opened Pandora World at Animal Kingdom. We saw them several more times throughout the afternoon and I couldn't believe that they were still there and so callously subjecting not only a costly but a sweet and giving dog to such cruel treatment.

Just because you can legitimately have your trained service dog with you, it doesn't always mean you should and especially if you don't really need to.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
The carte blanche prohibition in the original post (and many comments throughout here) stated that even trained THERAPY animals should be prohibited, and my point is that many people need such therapy animals that are NOT full service animals. Again, there are abuses yes, I've seen them and hate that they give legitimate circumstances a bad name. My point is simply that there are people that truly need them, usually they are trained but not full service, and not to group everyone together in the crappy faker club.
It’s a lot like medical marijuana. Not everybody is in agreement regarding the true “need” for therapy dogs because there’s little in the way of peer reviewed studies proving superiority over other methods such as medication. There’s plenty of other treatments for things like autism & ptsd that don’t require animals in public places. The entire goal of therapy is regaining normal function to the greatest degree possible & support animals may actually prevent that. How are you going to learn to function without the animal if you insist on bringing it everywhere? And before you flame me - I have an autistic child (and a second that probably is) myself so I certainly understand the challenges.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I don't think a single person who posted in this thread has said a legitimate service animal should be denied entry anywhere.

The issue from the start has been fake service animal or companion animals passed off as legitimate service animal. The owners of these animals are just plan selfish and self centered.

I have complained about this at my local Costco several times. Finally, they now have a poster sized sign at the entrance that companion animals and pets are not allowed but service dogs are welcome. This is common sense. I wish all stores would follow suit.

Pets should be left at home. If you want to walk your pooch outside the law requires a leash. My personal pet peeve no pun intended, the world is not your dogs toilet. Be a responsible pet owner and train your dog to crap in your own backyard where you can clean it up!!!

The problem is not dogs it's dog owners.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Hmmm.

Let me make my words kind and open-minded.

I'm a huge fan of animals (Dogs obviously...) and firmly believe in the benefits and necessity of service dogs.
I also firmly believe in the therapeutic and enabling power of therapy dogs (and horses...maybe some other animals in some cases IMHO).
I'd like to point out: there ARE psychiatric service dogs that are identified as such and recognized by the ADA. These are NOT emotional support animals by definition, but service dogs.

I believe that the ADA is of great benefit and necessity to protect the rights of those who need service dogs and other accommodations to enhance their lives.
I believe that the ACAA is a well-intentioned law designed to protect and ease air transportation for travelers with Emotional Support Animals.
I believe that the less-than-honorable actions of the general public at-large mandate a change in the training, documentation, licensing and certification of service animals.
I believe that the ADA and ACAA should be revised to include clear instruction and better verification for service dogs and ESA's.
Merchants/vendors/customer service, business owners etc... should be given better guidance and opportunity to insure that laws are being upheld---and not abused.

To clarify, under current law, the ADA allows service dogs to travel and stay with their owners in public areas, shops, transportation, lodging etc.... with minimal restrictions and no documentation.
Additionally, the ACAA allows the specified transport of ESA dogs and their owners in the cabin; documentation required.
Further, the FHa allows both service dogs and ESA's to be accommodated in housing (documentation for the ESA's).

I fully support the use and accommodation of service dogs for those who have a legitimate need and appropriately trained service dogs.
I fully support the transportation of ESA DOGS and other small mammals via ACAA..... with legitimate need, full documentation and appropriately trained and restrained small ESA's.

I do not support the accommodation of ESA's in public lodging. Obviously, those establishments which choose to be 'pet friendly' have that right.
I do not support the accommodation of PETS being accommodated under the guise of service animals, non-protected ESA's or "Mommy's little snuggum's." You would not like my Rottie frightening your family and I would not like your poodle sleeping in my timeshare. I will gladly make allowances for service animals--it's a law-given right.
I do not support the accommodation of ANY poorly trained, uncontrolled, aggressive or otherwise dangerous animal in public areas.

I hope these words do not offend or anger anyone. I have seen children live very mainstream lives while attending school etc... only by the grace of an ESA dog (which may have been a service dog...) and I recognize the incredible value of this. But, I believe the sheer number of people with ESA's--real or conjured or ????--would quickly overwhelm and undermine the rights of business owners and the general public.

Again, all just my 2 cents

As another poster indicated: There are lot's of folks with medical cannabis prescriptions. My opinion on medical cannabis is not relevant here. What is relevant is this: I do NOT support the accommodation of 'medical cannabis patients' in non-smoking rooms/facilities simply because it provides valuable comfort or therapy to those patients. Not sure if it's a good analogy, but it is one...

Last edited:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Hmmm.

Let me make my words kind and open-minded.

I'm a huge fan of animals (Dogs obviously...) and firmly believe in the benefits and necessity of service dogs.
I also firmly believe in the therapeutic and enabling power of therapy dogs (and horses...maybe some other animals in some cases IMHO).
I'd like to point out: there ARE psychiatric service dogs that are identified as such and recognized by the ADA. These are NOT emotional support animals by definition, but service dogs.

I believe that the ADA is of great benefit and necessity to protect the rights of those who need service dogs and other accommodations to enhance their lives.
I believe that the ACAA is a well-intentioned law designed to protect and ease air transportation for travelers with Emotional Support Animals.
I believe that the less-than-honorable actions of the general public at-large mandate a change in the training, documentation, licensing and certification of service animals.
I believe that the ADA and ACAA should be revised to include clear instruction and better verification for service dogs and ESA's.
Merchants/vendors/customer service, business owners etc... should be given better guidance and opportunity to insure that laws are being upheld---and not abused.

To clarify, under current law, the ADA allows service dogs to travel and stay with their owners in public areas, shops, transportation, lodging etc.... with minimal restrictions and no documentation.
Additionally, the ACAA allows the specified transport of ESA dogs and their owners in the cabin; documentation required.
Further, the FHa allows both service dogs and ESA's to be accommodated in housing (documentation for the ESA's).

I fully support the use and accommodation of service dogs for those who have a legitimate need and appropriately trained service dogs.
I fully support the transportation of ESA DOGS and other small mammals via ACAA..... with legitimate need, full documentation and appropriately trained and restrained small ESA's.

I do not support the accommodation of ESA's in public lodging. Obviously, those establishments which choose to be 'pet friendly' have that right.
I do not support the accommodation of PETS being accommodated under the guise of service animals, non-protected ESA's or "Mommy's little snuggum's." You would not like my Rottie frightening your family and I would not like your poodle sleeping in my timeshare. I will gladly make allowances for service animals--it's a law-given right.
I do not support the accommodation of ANY poorly trained, uncontrolled, aggressive or otherwise dangerous animal in public areas.

I hope these words do not offend or anger anyone. I have seen children live very mainstream lives while attending school etc... only by the grace of an ESA dog (which may have been a service dog...) and I recognize the incredible value of this. But, I believe the sheer number of people with ESA's--real or conjured or ????--would quickly overwhelm and undermine the rights of business owners and the general public.

Again, all just my 2 cents

As another posted indicated: There are lot's of folks with medical cannabis prescriptions. My opinion on medical cannabis is not relevant here. What is relevant is this: I do NOT support the accommodation of 'medical cannabis patients' in non-smoking rooms/facilities simply because it provides valuable comfort or therapy to those patients. Not sure if it's a good analogy, but it is one...

I like the analogy and your well said post!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Delta is changing their policy. More documentation will now be required. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delta-imposes-new-rules-for-service-dogs/

Starting March 1, customers will have to show proof of health or vaccinations for their animals 48 hours in advance. In addition, owners of emotional-support animals will need to sign a statement confirming their animal can behave. However, the new requirements don't apply to pets that stay in kennels during flights.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Delta is changing their policy. More documentation will now be required. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delta-imposes-new-rules-for-service-dogs/

owners of emotional-support animals will need to sign a statement confirming their animal can behave.

Can behave? --- or will behave? Seems to be not quite the same thing somehow.

Diapered Daniel, the emotional support duck I mentioned earlier in this thread, was well behaved by all accounts. Presumably, his quacking calmed his owner, alleviating the stress of airline travel (for her, if not for other passengers).

Where does the line get drawn? The link above includes a aircraft cabin photo of an uncaged snake (remember, emotional support animals need not be caged, according to the Delta info cited). This makes me wonder, could someone bring an emotional support boa constrictor on a flight, or perhaps an emotional support three toed sloth? "Diapered Duck Daniel" might enjoy some interspecies interaction. After all, stressed out emotional support ducks might just need some emotional support themselves. :)

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Glad to see Delta Airlines is taking a firm stand.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Delta Airlines Just Announced It's Had Enough of Your Fake Emotional Support Animal
By Chris Matyszczyk/ Best-Kept Travel Secrets/ Inc./ inc.com

"Absurdly Driven looks at the world of business with a skeptical eye and a firmly rooted tongue in cheek.

Humans are difficult beasts.

Their emotions drive them.

Can we call selfishness an emotion?

I only ask because one airline has finally decided to do something about all those alleged emotional support animals that people take on planes.

Animals that many would describe as mere household pets.

And other passengers would describe as nuisances.

Delta has listened.

It's instituting new rules because, it says, there's "a lack of regulation that has led to serious safety risks involving untrained animals in flight."

Last year, indeed, a dog bit a man on a Delta flight. The man suffered serious facial injuries.

So Delta's new rules at least attempt to avoid another such situation...."

getty_471979788_341370.jpg

Some are genuine service animals. Some definitely aren't.
CREDIT: Getty Images

Richard

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
All Delta is really doing is CYA for when a emotional support animal bites someone on a flight. Then they will whip out the "owner certification" and say "the owner certified the animal was trained to obey their commands".

Here is the documentation they now are requiring to travel with an emotional support animal.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/policy/EmotionalSupportAnimal-RequiredForms.pdf

It changes nothing in terms of people passing their pet off as a service animal. Then they are still hand-cuffed by the two questions allowable under the ADA.

Last edited:

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Last September when Hurricane Irma was coming I was already in Cleveland, Ohio staying with our son and his family. When it looked like our area was in the direct path of the hurricane I booked a flight up for my husband and told him he was bringing our elderly cat who was in declining health. My husband wanted to stay home with the cat but I said absolutely not. There was no way the cat could be left behind as he required medications several times a day. Putting the cat in a kennel, if I could have even found one to take him at that point with the declining weather situation would have been cruel to the poor cat. He had lymphoma and passed shortly before Thanksgiving. RIP, Nicky. I called our Petsmart, told the clerk we needed a bag/tote for the cat and pet diapers and that my husband would be there shortly. She took care of helping him when he got there. I also called the vet and told them my husband would be in to pick up something to keep the cat calm on the flight. Too bad they couldn't give something for my husband too, lol, as he about drove me nuts clear up until the time he got in his seat.

My husband had his hands full getting the house hurricane ready and everything brought in and secured before he left but never fussed about any of that, just flying with the cat. I told my husband once they got settled on the plane to periodically unzip the bag/tote enough for the cat to stick his head out and wet the cat's mouth with bottled water. Everything went beautifully on the flight and my husband was so proud of himself for surviving the ordeal and proud of the cat for being such a good passenger. It helped that this cat was very laid back, was completely comfortable in his bag/tote and so happy to be going along. My trip back home with the cat two weeks later went equally as well.

Our son, DIL and I were in tears picturing my husband diapering the cat for the flight. After they got there when my husband recounted his diapering efforts it set us off again. My husband was challenged trying to figure out how the diaper went on and how to fasten it but the cat was patient with him. When it was my turn to do it for the flight home it was a piece of cake after having spent several weeks diapering our very active then 16 month old granddaughter! The cat didn't have to make use of the diapers but we were prepared. We did everything we could think of not just for the safety and comfort of the cat but to also be considerate of our fellow passengers. It made me wonder why all animals, pets, emotional support and service dogs aren't required to wear a diaper for a flight. I've sat in the plane on the runway for over an hour, circled the airport, both of which made the flights much longer than anticipated, had rough flights, etc. Any of those things can present difficulties even for the best trained animal.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So, Jan M., your cat was not a service animal then. She flew with a service human! LOL!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
............. We did everything we could think of not just for the safety and comfort of the cat but to also be considerate of our fellow passengers. It made me wonder why all animals, pets, emotional support and service dogs aren't required to wear a diaper for a flight. I've sat in the plane on the runway for over an hour, circled the airport, both of which made the flights much longer than anticipated, had rough flights, etc. Any of those things can present difficulties even for the best trained animal.

Sounds like you were a concerned, diligent and conscientious pet owner. Kudos.

Too bad so many others are not. This might also be said for 'parents' and 'kids' on airplanes, but I won't go there....

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Sounds like you were a concerned, diligent and conscientious pet owner. Kudos.

Too bad so many others are not. This might also be said for 'parents' and 'kids' on airplanes, but I won't go there....

I will for you because I fly a lot and have had my share of flights with children who were not well behaved to put it mildly.

I've been flying regularly 3-4 times a year with our now 6 year old granddaughter since she was 18 months old. Sadly she won't be able to come stay with Grandma and Papa as much now that she's in kindergarten. Our son, DIL, their 6 year old and their 19 month old flew down on New Year's Eve day to visit us for a week. This was the first time flying for the younger one, our DIL had only flown with their older one twice and not since she was two, and our son only three times and not since she four. The older granddaughter is a veteran flyer and I had no concerns about her. I've had people sitting in the rows around us say when they've exited or got up to use the restroom that she is so good they didn't even realize there was a child seated near them.

I gave our son and DIL a "Flying with Your Own Children 101" talk. Take food, water and snacks and plenty of them. Candy is fine but make sure you have decent food and snacks and that they eat those things first because no one wants to hear or watch a sugared up child on a plane. If the child is young make sure they have their blanket, stuffed animal, etc. and DO NOT lose it! It stays in a backpack, tote or purse or pinned to the child's clothes while you are checking your bags, going through security and walking through the airport. You can open the backpack or whatever to let the child see that their lovey is safe and assure them it will be in their arms as soon as you are seated on the plane. From the time our older granddaughter was about 2.5 she has had her own little roll on bag that goes under the seat and she pulls it herself. In it are a few snacks, a favorite book or two, a few toys, a tablet when she got old enough to use one, and her lovey. After her second trip with me I didn't even bother with a stroller anymore because we weren't using it to get through the airport and we have one at our house. I had to assist at times when she was younger and got the wheels of her bag hung up tying to get around those poles for the lines but that is all. Yes for the first couple of years when she was smaller I had to walk a little slower and make sure we stayed out of the way of the people walking faster but she loves pulling her own little bag and the exercise ensures she naps on the plane. Grandma gets a nap then too! When she's ready to nap I always have something, a neck pillow, small travel pillow, a rolled up jacket, that I put on my lap for her to lay her head on and she curls up the rest of her body in her seat. I use either her jacket or mine to cover her up.

One very important thing to do when traveling with children is prior to the day of travel and again before you get to the airport you talk to the child about how we behave on the plane. Absolutely no one wants to hear your child screaming and freaking out because they have to stay seated and keep their seatbelt on! You walk them through the order of things giving details about each step. As in we check our bag, go through security, explain the procedures. Our next stop is the bathroom and then we either buy our water or fill up our water bottles. Once we get to the gate we can investigate what we have for food and snacks and if we are really hungry (of course we always are) we can have a little something before we get on the plane or if there is a long wait we can eat our sandwiches. We check Grandma's phone and the child's tablet to make sure they are fully charged or sit where we can charge them if we have a long time to wait before we can board and want to use them while we are waiting. Children usually do just fine when they know what to expect and what is expected of them.

Our son was so excited to tell us how things went when they got here. As expected the younger one had her moments but there were only two of them, and only one on the plane when they were trying to get all four of them settled in their seats. But in her defense they had a very early morning flight so she was up hours before she would normally be. She doesn't do the "mama drama" for our son so he immediately took her when she started and she settled right down. She's a Daddy's girl since he works a mid evening shift and is home with her all day and there til her bedtime. He got some dirty looks and couldn't figure out why as her moment was literally just that not minutes long. It didn't take him long to figure out why however. Seated about 5-6 rows ahead of them on the plane was a family with two little boys. The family was well dressed and appeared to be at least upper middle class from what our son observed. They had nothing but a big bag of Skittles for the boys and whenever they tried to say the boys had enough candy a screaming fit ensued. They had nothing for the boys to do. The boys ran up and down the aisle when the seat belt sign was off. It finally got to the point that the flight attendant spoke to the parents. Fun times for the other passengers. Our son said the other passengers were smiling at him and his family, saying nice things about his kids by that time. What our son thought was amusing was that he, his wife and daughters were dressed for comfort and having rolled out of bed at 4am; so translated they looked like bums in comparison to the other family. Appearances can be deceiving!

Last edited:

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
I gave our son and DIL a "Flying with Your Own Children 101" talk.

Jan, this is amazingly detailed and helpful! I've passed it on to my niece and nephew for them and their children.
Thanks!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A tip that worked for us, when we were traveling with nursing infants, for flights lasting a couple of hours or more. We would make the sure the child was a bit sleep-deprived and a bit hungry as we got on the plane. As soon as we got settled and the plane started taxiing, DW would start nursing. Suckling is also a good aid to deal with the effects of pressure changes in the ears. After suckling for a bit, the child would fall asleep. When the child woke up, we would make a decision as to whether or not to put the child back on the breast. If we were getting close to landing, we would hold off if we could (depending on fussiness), and start nursing again when we were about halfway descended. If it was a longer flight, we would put the child back on the breast at the first sign of fussiness, but try to hold something "in reserve" in order to have the child nursing if necessary during descent.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I was on an Amtrak train sleeper car and on comes a young lady with her dog. Definitely not a service dog, pulling, nervous and she had to calm it down.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Woman denied emotional support peacock on United flight
By Janine Puhak

Published January 30, 2018

FoxNews.com
Birds of a feather may flock together, but United Airlines recently shot down one traveler’s request to bring her emotional support peacock on a flight departing Newark Liberty International Airport.

Live and Let Fly reported earlier this week that even though the unidentified woman claimed that she had a second ticket for the peacock, the airline denied her request.

1517322129840.jpg

United's decision to deny the peacock comes on the heels of Delta's controversial crackdown of support animals. (Thejetset.tv)

A spokesperson for United further tells Fox News that the traveler(s) with the peacock were told they would not be able to bring it on board.

"This animal did not meet guidelines for a number of reasons, including its weight and size. We explained this to the customers on three separate occasions before they arrived at the airport," said United in a statement.

Photos of the unusual scene were shared to Facebook by travel talk show The Jet Set, sparking online commenters to both condemn and champion United’s decision.

“Unbelievable, this has to stop now!!” one user wrote.

“I'll take the majestic peacock over the 5+ dogs that have attacked my coworkers just this past holiday season,” another supposed airline staffer fired back.

The news comes on heels of Delta’s controversial crackdown of emotional support and service animals. On Jan. 19, the airline announced forthcoming restrictions in hopes of curbing an abuse of policy and an 84 percent increase in ill animal behavior such as urinating, defecating, biting and attacks on flights.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the peacock story actually made me laugh.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My sense is that if one were to create a Wikipedia entry for "Entitled", one could easily fill the page with real life examples of the abusive use of the emotional support animals concept. (Or Costco returned items, but that's a totally different thread.)

The unfortunate situation is that when the notion becomes so blatantly abused, then the disparagement coming from the abuse captures those with a legitimate need.

Personally, I think the policies being instituted by by at least Delta and United, requiring documentation of need and 48 hours advance notice, are entirely reasonable. It seems to me that if someone's need is legitimate, it ought to be easy to comply. And if compliance creates a problem, then perhaps that calls into question the legitimacy of the claim.

And looking at the vidio, one could easily surmise that the peacock was much more accoutrement than aid.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I was in an outlet store and a lady brought in a large dog. She said it was a service animal as it proceeded to jump on people and knock a child down.

I see a lot of similarities as the 18 year old with a medical marijuana card due to their ingrown toenail.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Traveling is stressful for me, I am anxious going thru security. I know it’s for our safety, but I don’t feel comfortable until I’m on the plane and it’s in the air. I had a panic attack, coming off a plane last year. I was able to leave the airport with my aunt and brother, after being checked out with a doctor and EMTs.
Saw my Primary doctor and Cardiologist when I got home and all tests were normal. I love to travel, but get a bit overwhelmed at times.
This is why I never judge folks with dogs or upset children, traveling by plane is a unique experience for everyone. Including me. And I don’t have a service or emotional dog, maybe I should get one?
Silentg