• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this eBay auction listing correct?

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Curious if the MF advance payment statement and the ability to borrow up to two years in advance are both true statements.

I thought that except for EOY UDI contracts and converted fixed week contracts, MFs are paid for the Club Wyndham Plus / CWA points issued for the current use year.

I also thought that borrowing is limited to the next use year only. Didn't the April/May 2017 rules changes remove multiple use year borrowing of points?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wyndham-Old...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Owners can borrow points from up to 2 years in advance. These deeds even on ebay sell for about $12-$15/K. This deed would sell for about $2,500+ with guaranteed usage beginning in 2018. This deed is only listed at this low rate, because owner is not sure if points for 2018 or 2019 will transfer. Usage is guaranteed to begin in 2020, with the ability to borrow from 2020 beginning January 1, 2018, for reservations that are 90 days or less away. Also, Wyndham maintenance fees are always pre-paid. So for example, all maintenance fees paid in 2018 will go towards 2019 points. All maintenance fees paid in 2019 will go towards 2020 points. So, even if owner has to pay about $1032 in maintenance fees in 2018 for not receiving points in 2019, all maintenance in 2019 will be going towards 2020 points. The purchase price makes up for the potential one year payment for maintenance fees with no points. Essentially, 2018 maintenance fees are paid. So in 2018, 2019's points are being paid, and in 2019, all maintenance dollars that are being paid monthly are going to the future of 2020 points.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Curious if the MF advance payment statement and the ability to borrow up to two years in advance are both true statements.

I thought that except for EOY UDI contracts and converted fixed week contracts, MFs are paid for the Club Wyndham Plus / CWA points issued for the current use year.

I also thought that borrowing is limited to the next use year only. Didn't the April/May 2017 rules changes remove multiple use year borrowing of points?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wyndham-Old-Town-Alexandria-189K-Points-Can-be-used-at-any-Wyndham-No-Reserve/122743715584?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Owners can borrow points from up to 2 years in advance. These deeds even on ebay sell for about $12-$15/K. This deed would sell for about $2,500+ with guaranteed usage beginning in 2018. This deed is only listed at this low rate, because owner is not sure if points for 2018 or 2019 will transfer. Usage is guaranteed to begin in 2020, with the ability to borrow from 2020 beginning January 1, 2018, for reservations that are 90 days or less away. Also, Wyndham maintenance fees are always pre-paid. So for example, all maintenance fees paid in 2018 will go towards 2019 points. All maintenance fees paid in 2019 will go towards 2020 points. So, even if owner has to pay about $1032 in maintenance fees in 2018 for not receiving points in 2019, all maintenance in 2019 will be going towards 2020 points. The purchase price makes up for the potential one year payment for maintenance fees with no points. Essentially, 2018 maintenance fees are paid. So in 2018, 2019's points are being paid, and in 2019, all maintenance dollars that are being paid monthly are going to the future of 2020 points.

Not sure about the borrowing part but the price is definitely bull

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, very pricey espeically not knowing if points will transfer.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Just for reference we are in the process of purchasing 259000 points for 2000 dollars including closing and transfer with full points usage starting in 2018. We are probably paying a little too much but after researching for a year were excited to get points of our own and felt the premium was worth the lower maintenance fees of 4.60/1000. Keep watching tug classifieds, ebay, and other places for properties that have availability when you close. I noticed a couple large owners part with stripped contracts and they gave them away for free letting the recipient know that they would be responsible for the fees until available points usage starts.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought with the new rules that the points pool only allowed you to push forward point to a future year, up to 2 years away. Example: I could pool some or all of my 2018 points into 2020, but I cannot bring them forward.

That said, this owner could have credit pooled his points prior to the May 20 changeover...i know I did that on some of my contracts.

Regarding prepaying MFs... MFs are only prepaid on converted fixed weeks, correct? So, unless this contract is a converted fixed week then the ad is incorrect.

So many flags here...not sure I would bite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The auction is from a points stripper who does not understand the changes to the credit pool and who cannot guarantee anything to the buyer -- the EBay version of a timeshare weasel.

There are much better deals on EBay with guaranteed usage starting in 2018. Here is just one example for the same number of CWA points at about the same MF costs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-CLU...374988?hash=item3af29b6b4c:g:bi0AAOSw4A5YzCZU

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
IDK. The seller might have reservations that have used points (and there is no way to know what points were pulled when you make a reservation.) Although reservations that use those points will be canceled. I have that situation right now.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the value of the price, though. I got a 400K CWA contract for $1 (and they didn't even collect that.) It just takes some patience.